GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012

+12
Ev
SensHulk
asq2
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Bramlet07
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Turris has been pretty poor as well...damn...

He looks weak as hell, falling left right and center. Time to call up DaCosta IMO, Turris looks damn tired maybe 1-2 games of rest will help.

Has he hit the brick wall we all thought he'd hit?

This year doesn't even matter for Turris. Next year and beyond is his true stint as a Senator, when he attends training camp.

He's still playing fine IMO. He makes a lot of nice passes that his wingers fail to capitalize on. Sens have a lot of breaks coming up which will do him good. After tomorrow's game we only have 18 games left in a month and a half.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKid wrote:

He looks weak as hell, falling left right and center. Time to call up DaCosta IMO, Turris looks damn tired maybe 1-2 games of rest will help.

Has he hit the brick wall we all thought he'd hit?

This year doesn't even matter for Turris. Next year and beyond is his true stint as a Senator, when he attends training camp.

He's still playing fine IMO. He makes a lot of nice passes that his wingers fail to capitalize on. Sens have a lot of breaks coming up which will do him good. After tomorrow's game we only have 18 games left in a month and a half.

I can buy most of that yeah. He's not playing with the same pep he was playing with before.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This loss somewhat spoils the deliciousness of Leafs and Wings losing.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Oh well at least this opens the door for Lehner, and hopefully Matt Crapner never draws into the lineup again.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Auld's getting heat but Anderson was 0-3 against Boston as well, so....they are a good team

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Is that the biggest hit ever registered by a Sens player? I can't recall many that big personally.

this always comes to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18CBH2s7-4

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 - Page 4 1329379090708_ORIGINAL

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:It's always a good idea to break up a winning lineup. Good job MacLean. Carkner was the direct cause of 2 goals tonight.

We need that 6th seed badly.

Oh well, we win tomorrow. Lehner Time.

Laugh1

He was on the ice for one against.

Guess he should have strapped the pads on and made those easy saves on goals #2 and #3, too.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, it's been pretty noticeable. Something happened to him in between the 3 games I missed while in Florida. He doesn't look confident out there anymore.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It's always a good idea to break up a winning lineup. Good job MacLean. Carkner was the direct cause of 2 goals tonight.

Laugh1

Guess he should have strapped the pads on and made those easy saves on goals #2 and #3, too.

On the ice for 2. First one, he was slow as Diddle and couldn't get to the puck behind the net. Then the Sens player coughed it up to McQuaid. Next goal, he pushed the Bruin into Auld.

I don't think Carkner sees another game. Gone at the deadline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Play one bad period and lose on two bad goals. Last time it was one bad period and one bad goal. Would Anderson have been enough of a difference? Perhaps, but the plain simple truth is we aren't quite there yet. We can hang with the big boys, sure, but when the team played a shootout game the night before, and then had to travel to Ottawa in a bad snowstorm, *we* should be the dominating team, even if we can't solve Thomas.

Oh, well, at least Karlsson is making a case for himself, eh? 10 points this week should be enough for NHL star of the week, I'd say. Do they count Monday to Sunday or Sunday to Saturday? He could get a couple more tonight.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Auld was the reason they lost that game, simple as that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Auld was the reason they lost that game, simple as that.

While I don't disagree that Auld let in two bad goals, the Sens were dominated for the entire 2nd period. By a team that played to a shootout loss the night before, a 5 hour drive away, with a snow storm en-route. Unacceptable. If Auld lets in 2 bad goals but they play in the 2nd like they did in the 3rd then we are at least going to OT.

Yes, I realize this is a young team and they become defensive imbeciles when playing in front of an unsteady goalie, but this is what they need to work on.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I would not be stunned if Auld played tonight. He let in two horrid goals but also had some good saves. I am critical of him but as a fan I can allow for one off game where the bad goals looked to be more a matter of rust than anything else, especially the third goal.

Whether we like it or not, the playoffs may hinge on this guy so maybe the best thing to do is throw him back in the net tonight to see if he can get a little mojo going. If they don't win tonight, then Lehner is the guy.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Laugh1

I don't think it's that simple. Breaking out of our zone was pathetic during the second period and that has a huge impact on the general flow of the team. I don't necessarly blame this on Carkner alone but he and Auld (in which the team clearly has no confidence in) are big reasons.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No idea why he changed a winning lineup. :crossarms:

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Auld was the reason they lost that game, simple as that.

While I don't disagree that Auld let in two bad goals, the Sens were dominated for the entire 2nd period. By a team that played to a shootout loss the night before, a 5 hour drive away, with a snow storm en-route. Unacceptable. If Auld lets in 2 bad goals but they play in the 2nd like they did in the 3rd then we are at least going to OT.

Yes, I realize this is a young team and they become defensive imbeciles when playing in front of an unsteady goalie, but this is what they need to work on.

That 2nd goal zapped the team in a big way, it zapped the arena, and for those sitting at home, I'm sure it zapped them. They were neck and neck with the Bruins and then that garbage goal goes in... tough to take. It's not an excuse but it's the reason.

As for someone being shocked if Auld didn't play tonight... I would be shocked if he even played another game this year until the Sens clinch a spot. If they get Bishop in a deal they may very well find himself on waivers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't believe Garrioch wrote this:

I know we can’t blame Alex Auld for the loss Saturday night.
The Senators weren’t very good. They didn’t put up a fight until the third in a 5-3 loss to the Boston Bruins. By then, it was far too late.

I agree. But I can't believe it came from him. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum