GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Thursday, April 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EST

+11
Flo The Action
wprager
dennycrane
sandysensfan
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:
cash wrote:
That was the difference in the game. That could have easily been a 2-1 win for us, had Bishop not struggled in the first 25 minutes.

They kept us to the outside most of the game,very few legit chances that I saw even though we had 45 SOG. It would be worse with Chara back, regardless how our goalie played.

Not Karlsson's best game either, he was brutal on that 2-1 and let Lucic score goal #3. He whiffed on an open net but that looked like an uncontrollable pass.

I will be very happy if I don't have to look at a Bruin jersey again til October.
I agree with the bolded. That's the way it is playing the Bruins. You get 4-5 good scoring chances each game if you're lucky and Thomas stops at least 2 of those. If you don't convert on the other 2-3 chances, you'd better be getting a shutout at the other end.

The team didn't play that great, but those first two goals were pretty weak. Bishop should've had them. Weak goals seem to really affect this team. I think he was the difference in the game.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it was a pre-season like game for both teams. the game is in the past now

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:That's precisely how a series against Boston would go, just like the regular season.

Lots of hard work and chances by us, stonewalled by the Bruins defense and their goalie.

Every mistake we make, ends up in the back of our net.

And they're not even trying and without 3 of their best.

Well, Khudobin played about as well as they could ever expect Thomas to play. And Bishop looked very rusty.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:it was a pre-season like game for both teams. the game is in the past now
In the pre-season, you know who you're playing in game 1...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure I agree. we came out flying in the 1st period. it looked like we were the better of both teams and Khudobin gave an amazing performance for a back-up to a back-up.

then things started to fall apart as the game progressed. things looked panicky out there by the 3rd with bad passes and Bishop being the first one to look stressed out.

I wouldn't call it a flat performance but for sure lots of fresh faces had their nerves up since they expect that this will be the team they face in for the playoffs.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Imo Khubodin wasn't that impressive

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Imo Khubodin wasn't that impressive

Ya, he was fine, but all the shots he faced were from way out. He wasn't really tested. When he was tested, the Sens failed to finish.

Not a great game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

IMO, you're incorrect.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

IMO, you're incorrect.
yeah, I saw some killer saves from him. it may not have been tim thomas out there but we got robbed on several occasions

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Th next game vs. NJ is also a meaningless game. Expect a loss. E5. (BTW E=Evan, not Eklund in this case).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If they lose vs NJ, I'll be switching my avatar back to Hugh. They've lost every single game since I swtiched. Clearly Spezza isn't taking this seriously.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:If they lose vs NJ, I'll be switching my avatar back to Hugh. They've lost every single game since I swtiched. Clearly Spezza isn't taking this seriously.

I think Spezza is agreeing with you, there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:If they lose vs NJ, I'll be switching my avatar back to Hugh. They've lost every single game since I swtiched. Clearly Spezza isn't taking this seriously.

At least we know who to blame. Dammit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

At least we know who to blame. Dammit!

Who? Big EV?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think my GDT's are to blame! Clearly the Sens put less effort into the game than I do into my GDT's.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

does anyone know if mclean got a fine for his comments to the refs that got him ejected from the game? i didn't see anything on TSN about it and it seems everyone and their mother is getting fined these days

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know if mclean got a fine for his comments to the refs that got him ejected from the game? i didn't see anything on TSN about it and it seems everyone and their mother is getting fined these days

I doubt it. What he said was in-game and not in front of a mike. In front of a mike he said he couldn't afford to say anything.

Funny, though, how he got tossed out for arguing an icing call in a game they had no shot of tying up. Clearly, he was upset about the stuff that was going on earlier in the game. I didn't see much past the 1st period. Was the reffing as bad as the Carolina game?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The reffing was not great, but I didn't think it was particularly bad.

God I hope we get some decent reffing in the playoffs. It seems this season that they never decided whether they wanted to crack down or ease up. The standard varied so much from game to game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum