GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Thursday, April 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EST

+11
Flo The Action
wprager
dennycrane
sandysensfan
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
Big Ev wrote:another meaningless game folks. don't get too down

Of couse. Why would you not want to play your best against your potential first round opponent... you know, play hard, hurt them, get in their head, etc.

I'd buy that if the Bruins were actually trying.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rather play the Rangers anyway to be honest

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really don't feel safe with bishop in nets.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

That's precisely how a series against Boston would go, just like the regular season.

Lots of hard work and chances by us, stonewalled by the Bruins defense and their goalie.

Every mistake we make, ends up in the back of our net.

And they're not even trying and without 3 of their best.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tank for 8th is on. Rangers will be benching Lundqvist on Saturday, most likely.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I am pulling for a Sens loss and a Caps win on Saturday too. It is such a better matchup.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I guess Florida would need at least a point as well though as the Sens have the tiebreaker.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:I guess Florida would need at least a point as well though as the Sens have the tiebreaker.

Is that you with THE LEGEND KILLER?!?!?!? Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:I really don't feel safe with bishop in nets.
Easy now... first game action back from injury... not surprised he was a bit rusty. Hopefully that was enough to shake it off if he is called upon. Don't forget what he did for us down the stretch now.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:
I agree it sometimes seems that way, but: (see quotes below)
Hoags wrote:2-0 B's now.

Bishop looking real rusty

shabbs wrote:Jeezus man. Bit o rust on Bishop.
That was the difference in the game. That could have easily been a 2-1 win for us, had Bishop not struggled in the first 25 minutes.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:I guess Florida would need at least a point as well though as the Sens have the tiebreaker.
Yeah. Florida needs to win the Division, Caps need to win their game and we would need to lose ours in regulation in order to fall to 8th.

We play an early game on Saturday so by the time the other teams play, we'll know where we stand.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
That was the difference in the game. That could have easily been a 2-1 win for us, had Bishop not struggled in the first 25 minutes.

They kept us to the outside most of the game,very few legit chances that I saw even though we had 45 SOG. It would be worse with Chara back, regardless how our goalie played.

Not Karlsson's best game either, he was brutal on that 2-1 and let Lucic score goal #3. He whiffed on an open net but that looked like an uncontrollable pass.

I will be very happy if I don't have to look at a Bruin jersey again til October.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really don't know where I stand now on who I'd like us to face. If the b's can do that to us without a few of their star players we might be in deep Dung. Then again facing the rags could wind up being a high scoring affair against us. Especially if our offence goes anemic

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really not impressed. Some fan appreciation night, just sit Alfie and Spez if that's how you're gonna play. Let's hope we're getting the suck out of our system.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson will be the difference maker. Book it.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:
cash wrote:

They kept us to the outside most of the game,very few legit chances that I saw even though we had 45 SOG. It would be worse with Chara back, regardless how our goalie played.

Not Karlsson's best game either, he was brutal on that 2-1 and let Lucic score goal #3. He whiffed on an open net but that looked like an uncontrollable pass.

I will be very happy if I don't have to look at a Bruin jersey again til October.
I agree with the bolded. That's the way it is playing the Bruins. You get 4-5 good scoring chances each game if you're lucky and Thomas stops at least 2 of those. If you don't convert on the other 2-3 chances, you'd better be getting a shutout at the other end.

The team didn't play that great, but those first two goals were pretty weak. Bishop should've had them. Weak goals seem to really affect this team. I think he was the difference in the game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it was a pre-season like game for both teams. the game is in the past now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:That's precisely how a series against Boston would go, just like the regular season.

Lots of hard work and chances by us, stonewalled by the Bruins defense and their goalie.

And they're not even trying and without 3 of their best.

Well, Khudobin played about as well as they could ever expect Thomas to play. And Bishop looked very rusty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum