GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Ottawa make it out of the first round?

+14
Simjunkie
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
NEELY
wprager
Ev
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Does Ottawa make it out of the first round?

Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_lcap220%Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_lcap227%Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_lcap233%Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_lcap220%Does Ottawa make it out of the first round? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It is quite likely that the Sens make it to the playoffs and it's also likely that the first round opponent will be Boston. The Sens have shown the ability to beat the Bruins and Boston is not nearly as healthy as they were last playoff run when they won the Cup. Taking into account that the Bruins have also had a shortened summer and played a tonne of games do the Sens take down the defending champs?

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Too early to predict.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's lock in a post season spot and then we can talk...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Let's lock in a post season spot and then we can talk...
Nod

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

lock this thread......it has jinx written all over it.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I like how there is no scenario where we actually beat the bruins. Hahaha

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Only if they finish 6th IMO

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:Let's lock in a post season spot and then we can talk...
Nod
Let me add to this...

Let's have this conversion once we
- lock up a post season spot
- see who we're facing
- see how Anderson is looking

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd say Anderson is "LOOKIN' GOOOOD!" but I remember that ended badly. So I'd say "YOU LOOK MAHVELLOUS!"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Only if they finish 6th IMO

Clearly the Sens can't beat the Rangers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

My thinking was that they won't finish 8th so even mentioning the Rangers in the first round is moot. Anybody can beat anybody but I like the odds a lot better if they finish 6th.

But even then Pittsburgh has the potential to catch them and move into 1st in their division themselves.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

My thinking was that they won't finish 8th so even mentioning the Rangers in the first round is moot. Anybody can beat anybody but I like the odds a lot better if they finish 6th.

But even then Pittsburgh has the potential to catch them and move into 1st in their division themselves.

As it stands at the moment, 6th is absolutely ideal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, we need the Devils to start losing NOW. 6th would certainly be ideal.

Also, obviously, a lot will riding on Matrix , so if he comes back and keeps up his good play, that'll be a big factor. He has shown the ability to steal games for us, which is critical in the playoffs.

Really, the thing Cussing us over right now is the stupid rule where the division leaders get the first three spots. Although if you take Florida down to where they should be, then we're likely facing Pittsburgh or Philly in the first round. I don't want to play Pittsburgh if they have Crosby back in the lineup, but we could do well against Philly.

Anyway, a lot can change...also, imagine if Thomas were to go down towards the end of the season or early in the 1st round? With no Rask behind him, they'd have Turco in net to start the playoffs. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, our 2nd last game of the season on April 5th is against the Bs. That might be a good time to put Konopka in and have him "fall" on Thomas.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jersey has some tough games coming up. Isles on Sat, back to back games vs Philly, Avs, Pitt, Rags, Sens.

We're 1 point back and they have 2 games in hand... would be nice to get into that 6th spot.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Jersey has some tough games coming up. Isles on Sat, back to back games vs Philly, Avs, Pitt, Rags, Sens.

We're 1 point back and they have 2 games in hand... would be nice to get into that 6th spot.

Certainly ideal and not out of the realm of possibility for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum