GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: NY Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, March 8, 2012

+9
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Foligno, Daugavins, Klinkhammer and O'Brien are all RFAs.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, trade bait for sure...maybe just for picks though. Butler's value is pretty low at this point, although I'm sure someone would deal a later pick for him.

I really like the bottom 6 you propose:

Foligno - Z.Smith - Neil
Greening - O'Brien - Condra

Those 6 bring a little something of everything, including scoring.

Yeah, I like that too. Probably with Daugavins as the 13th F because of what he brings on the ice + in the locker room. I don't think we can take O'Brien out of the lineup, I don't think you'll see any kind of digression from Klink, so basically it comes down to Klink and Foligno and Greening vs Silfverberg and Zibanejad for one of the two remaining top six spots, with one odd man out.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Foligno, Daugavins, Klinkhammer and O'Brien are all RFAs.

All easy signings except possibly Foligno (who could be dealt IMO).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Daugavins almost left after last season after winning the Calder Cup with Binghamton.

Foligno is making a lot of money for a young 1st round pick playing bottom 6 role.

O'Brien I have said is an easy candidate at this point to take over Konopka's spot (which he already has).

Also, Winchester and Regin are UFA and RFA respectively.We know you love Regin but the guy is done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The solution to our top-6 problem is Parise, Silverberg, Zibanejad...not necessarily in that order.

I'm only thinking about this year's playoffs.

The reason they pretty much stood pat (with the exception of the Lee for Gilroy blockbuster) is quite simple.
1. They already traded a top prospect for Turris
2. They don't expect to get far this year

It looked like they would make the playoffs even without any deadline deals to help, so they would get an opportunity to observe how their middle-sixers did in the pressurecooker of a playoff series (or two). Armed with that knowledge they can make a much more astute move in the summer.

Of course that likely means that they need to bring Z-Bad in, or they are fully prepared to start without him next season. Or he is trade-bait to bring in someone like Parise.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hypothetically....

assuming Alfredsson is still a Senator next season....

IF Parise is signed, and both of Silfverberg AND Zibanejad are in Senators jerseys for the entire season...

Butler would likely be waived/traded for nothing; and/or...

Daugavins and Klinkhammer are not retained, ate least not to NHL contracts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Daugavins almost left after last season after winning the Calder Cup with Binghamton.

Foligno is making a lot of money for a young 1st round pick playing bottom 6 role.

O'Brien I have said is an easy candidate at this point to take over Konopka's spot (which he already has).

Also, Winchester and Regin are UFA and RFA respectively.We know you love Regin but the guy is done.

Regin's not done! He'll be qualified if the medical staff says he's rehabbed and healed properly. Anything less is poor asset management.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Hypothetically....

assuming Alfredsson is still a Senator next season....

IF Parise is signed, and both of Silfverberg AND Zibanejad are in Senators jerseys for the entire season...

Butler would likely be waived/traded for nothing; and/or...

Daugavins and Klinkhammer are not retained, ate least not to NHL contracts.

Those guys are young, cheap and full of piss and vinegar, you want to trade someone with value for a D-man IMO. Foligno - whose game I enjoy as a 3rd liner, may fall into that category.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:Daugavins almost left after last season after winning the Calder Cup with Binghamton.

Regin's not done! He'll be qualified if the medical staff says he's rehabbed and healed properly. Anything less is poor asset management.

Yeah. It doesn't really cost Diddle all to sign a guy like that so why just cut him loose. This is another player that's shown he can produce, when healthy. And if he's not healthy... oh well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah. It doesn't really cost Diddle all to sign a guy like that so why just cut him loose. This is another player that's shown he can produce, when healthy. And if he's not healthy... oh well.

Exactly, it costs very little to keep him and we've all seen the 2-way game he plays. If it doesn't work, oh well, that's life, but you've come this far with a very talented Peter Regin, not qualifying him (to me) is silly.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah but every team has a guy like that or more.

None of those guys I mentioned have much value.

But it seems people forget that adding means subtracting. You can't bring in 3 guys not on the roster unless you open up three spots. If you take away three spots and give them to those three, the guys that are free agents see their spots disappear and don't want to stay.

Condra and Greening got 1-way deals, so it is logical to assume that O'Brien and Daugavins will want the same.

Butler's a health scratch, what value does he have?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Facepalm

You don't keep people if you've replaced them... why would they re-sign with no spot on the team? This is all a hypothetical in case you didn't read my post... assuming Parise, Silfverberg and Zibanejad are on the team.

If you want to have this discussion in my response to what Tim posited, then reply with a scenario in which those 3 are on the team and you keep all the RFA's/UFA's.

And Spez, that is one big, glaring, IF. And if you want to play along with this hypothetical too, tell me where he fits in as well assuming Parise, Silfverberg and Zinanejad _ Foligno, Daugavins, Butler and Klinkhammer are re-signed.

And GO!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Yeah but every team has a guy like that or more.

None of those guys I mentioned have much value.

But it seems people forget that adding means subtracting. You can't bring in 3 guys not on the roster unless you open up three spots. If you take away three spots and give them to those three, the guys that are free agents see their spots disappear and don't want to stay.

Condra and Greening got 1-way deals, so it is logical to assume that O'Brien and Daugavins will want the same.

Butler's a health scratch, what value does he have?

To Ottawa he may have none. To another team he may have some. Maybe it's a pick, maybe he has the kind of value where, let's say you want a 3rd for Foligno, the other GM says I want Butler or no deal... Having said that Butler has no value to Ottawa, he has enough value to the other team to be a deal breaker and you make that deal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Facepalm

You don't keep people if you've replaced them... why would they re-sign with no spot on the team? This is all a hypothetical in case you didn't read my post... assuming Parise, Silfverberg and Zibanejad are on the team.

If you want to have this discussion in my response to what Tim posited, then reply with a scenario in which those 3 are on the team and you keep all the RFA's/UFA's.

And Spez, that is one big, glaring, IF. And if you want to play along with this hypothetical too, tell me where he fits in as well assuming Parise, Silfverberg and Zinanejad _ Foligno, Daugavins, Butler and Klinkhammer are re-signed.

And GO!

Alright. So you're assuming that there are no spots on the team and I'm assuming that there are. What's the diff? I posted based on my assumption and you posted based on yours.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No it's not my assumption, I was playing along with what tim said...

tim1_2 wrote:The solution to our top-6 problem is Parise, Silverberg, Zibanejad...not necessarily in that order.

So hypothetically, then I was suggesting how you would build the team with those three.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:No it's not my assumption, I was playing along with what tim said...

So hypothetically, then I was suggesting how you would build the team with those three.

So we're both making our points however different. No facepalm required. Beer

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Parise-Spezza-Zibanejad
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Butler/Winchester/Foligno/Daugavins-Smith-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's what the team would look like, assuming as Tim put forth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum