GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: NY Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, March 8, 2012

+9
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Kids today with their apps, they probably have never even heard of these:

GAME DAY:  NY Rangers @  Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, March 8, 2012 - Page 2 Sarcasmometer2

I built my own from a kit I got at the Radio Shack. Note how I called it "the" Radio Shack.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Was mentioned elsewhere, but Bishop gets the start for Ottawa.

For the Rags, this is the first game of a back-to-back. They play Chicago tomorrow. It is conceivable that we'll see Biron instead of Hank (PLEASE).

Interesting choice for them. Clearly Chicago is a tougher opponent, but Ottawa is an in-Conference team. I think we'll see Lundqvist. Also, probably less of a chance of Llundqvist being run by the Sens. Actually, if you extend that line of thinking, maybe they play Biron back-to-back and give Hank a bit of rest. They don't need the points -- they aren't chasing the President's Trophy if they are smart.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Rags play Sunday as well, against the Isles, so Lundqvist will probably start tonight, Biron tomorrow, and then back to Lundqvist on Sunday. That's my theory.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rags lost 4-1 to the Devils on Tue. Lundqvist was in net for that one. They've lost 2 of their past three. Maybe we will see Biron.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Lundqvist is over-rated. Got beat by a career minor league who isn't even paying anymore, a couple years ago.

Laugh1 Ya, he's super overrated. Only a .921SV% lifetime? Brutal. He only had 11 shutouts last year. What a hack. Sarcasm

Unreal numbers. Just...wow.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens can beat the Rangers which has been shown this season and basically every other season. Sens a message to the team you might be playing in the first round.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Sens can beat the Rangers which has been shown this season and basically every other season. Sens a message to the team you might be playing in the first round.

If Bishop plays out-of-his-mind, we have a chance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Sens can beat the Rangers which has been shown this season and basically every other season. Sens a message to the team you might be playing in the first round.

If Bishop plays out-of-his-mind, we have a chance.

I don't really think it's that big a difference between the Rangers and the Sens. Maybe I'm naive, but I think the Bs are much more intimidating and tough to play against. I'm not slighting the Rags mind you, but we've shown we can beat them this year, they have limited offence, and they capitalize on mistakes - particularly in the neutral zone - so cut those back, get solid goaltending and capitalize on chances in the offensive zone and I think we'll be okay.

It's obviously not easy, they grind you down, but I think we can play with these guys.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Brent Wallace Twitter:

@tsn_wally: Kuba has gone from being ranked 885th with a -26 last season to being the 17th best this season at +21. Karlsson from 889 (-30) to 51st (+14)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Brent Wallace Twitter:

@tsn_wally: Kuba has gone from being ranked 885th with a -26 last season to being the 17th best this season at +21. Karlsson from 889 (-30) to 51st (+14)

That is incredible. All the people who were saying negative things about the Anderson signing (don't know why) have been proven dead wrong now. It also (obviously) is a testament to how well Kuba has played this year. Why have we not re-signed him yet...why...

Karlsson needs no more words right now. Spectacular hockey player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

That is incredible. All the people who were saying negative things about the Anderson signing (don't know why) have been proven dead wrong now. It also (obviously) is a testament to how well Kuba has played this year. Why have we not re-signed him yet...why...

It actually proves that +/- is a useless stat more than anything else. Not sure how that has anything to do with the Anderson signing given his mediocre stats.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

It actually proves that +/- is a useless stat more than anything else. Not sure how that has anything to do with the Anderson signing given his mediocre stats.

The +/- doesn't mean much, I agree, but the difference between Elliott/Leclaire and Anderson/Blank is enough to help the D get a little more comfortable and go back to playing their style of game IMO.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo: Looks like Chris Phillips will play. Jim O'Brien should be back. Konopka and Carkner out. #Sens

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:BooBoo: Looks like Chris Phillips will play. Jim O'Brien should be back. Konopka and Carkner out. #Sens

Clapping for Phillips. He'll be important vs the Rags.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo: Martin Biron will start for the Rangers. Lundqvist's streak stops at 26 consecutive starts vs. Ottawa. #Sens

Opportunity knocks!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Jim O'Brien will come back into the lineup tonight for Zenon Konopka. Only change to Sens lineup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Biron!!!! Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Biron!!!! Ahhhhh!

Yes! Biron in net!

Sponsored content