GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: NY Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, March 8, 2012

+9
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:No it's not my assumption, I was playing along with what tim said...

tim1_2 wrote:The solution to our top-6 problem is Parise, Silverberg, Zibanejad...not necessarily in that order.

So hypothetically, then I was suggesting how you would build the team with those three.

So we're both making our points however different. No facepalm required. Beer

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Parise-Spezza-Zibanejad
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Butler/Winchester/Foligno/Daugavins-Smith-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

There's what the team would look like, assuming as Tim put forth.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:There's what the team would look like, assuming as Tim put forth.

Of course it will be as I put forth. My last name is Murray.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

haha, nice...

btw, I'm not pointing any of this at you, I was just speculating off of your hypothetical dream case scenario in which all three of those players are on the Sens team next season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:haha, nice...

btw, I'm not pointing any of this at you, I was just speculating off of your hypothetical dream case scenario in which all three of those players are on the Sens team next season.

Oh, and on D, you can pen in Suter no our blueline.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:Foligno, Daugavins, Klinkhammer and O'Brien are all RFAs.

All easy signings except possibly Foligno (who could be dealt IMO).

I would have no problem with them dealing Foligno. I wonder if they can find a way to turn Foligno into a legit top-sixer. Of course, him showing up at camp with a miraculously improved skill set would be fine, too.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:haha, nice...

You never know what might happen. I don't think that it's likely that the Sens land Parise, but maybe a deep(ish) run at the playoffs will make Ottawa a more attractive option for UFAs.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Adding Suter makes things harder, considering the $6.5M Karlsson.

Parise is at least a $7M player.. what do you think? Suter could be there too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:Daugavins almost left after last season after winning the Calder Cup with Binghamton.

Foligno is making a lot of money for a young 1st round pick playing bottom 6 role.

O'Brien I have said is an easy candidate at this point to take over Konopka's spot (which he already has).

Also, Winchester and Regin are UFA and RFA respectively.We know you love Regin but the guy is done.

Regin's not done! He'll be qualified if the medical staff says he's rehabbed and healed properly. Anything less is poor asset management.

Yeah. It doesn't really cost Diddle all to sign a guy like that so why just cut him loose. This is another player that's shown he can produce, when healthy. And if he's not healthy... oh well.

Facepalm

You don't keep people if you've replaced them... why would they re-sign with no spot on the team? This is all a hypothetical in case you didn't read my post... assuming Parise, Silfverberg and Zibanejad are on the team.

If you want to have this discussion in my response to what Tim posited, then reply with a scenario in which those 3 are on the team and you keep all the RFA's/UFA's.

And Spez, that is one big, glaring, IF. And if you want to play along with this hypothetical too, tell me where he fits in as well assuming Parise, Silfverberg and Zinanejad _ Foligno, Daugavins, Butler and Klinkhammer are re-signed.

And GO!

Butler's gone, no room for him.

Daugavins...hard to say, but I'd like to keep him, he's great at his on and off ice jobs.

Foligno - he may have to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum