GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 4th, 2012

+8
SeawaySensFan
Ev
dennycrane
rooneypoo
cash
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:his skill is pretty underwhelming Imo...

I dunno man...he's got nice moves and seems to be able to pass - although his assist totals are horrible. If he was to play with speed and exhibit the skill he does during his hot streaks all the time, he'd be a superstar.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

I dunno man...he's got nice moves and seems to be able to pass - although his assist totals are horrible. If he was to play with speed and exhibit the skill he does during his hot streaks all the time, he'd be a superstar.

Superstar? I am not sure what you're seeing but I have not seen these moves that you have apparently seen. He is best when he has that extra jump and can fly by a defender, fend him off with one hand, and score. But he really only shows "moves" when he is in a shootout. He is more of a north-south guy who can grind in the corner and take a pass and quickly put it in the net, but that hasn't been happening lately. He can't really handle the puck well either. He is a complimentary player, and no he is not a Hossa like everyone wants him to be.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michalek at the moment is playing like Heatley.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Superstar? I am not sure what you're seeing but I have not seen these moves that you have apparently seen. He is best when he has that extra jump and can fly by a defender, fend him off with one hand, and score. But he really only shows "moves" when he is in a shootout. He is more of a north-south guy who can grind in the corner and take a pass and quickly put it in the net, but that hasn't been happening lately. He can't really handle the puck well either. He is a complimentary player, and no he is not a Hossa like everyone wants him to be.

That's sort of what I mean. WHen he's really on his game he uses his speed to wheel around defenders, then uses nice shots and moves to score. When he's off his game, he doesn't use creativity much, he seems to try to use the boards instead of driving up the middle and using his hands.

Superstar may be an overstatement, but an great goal scorer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That's sort of what I mean. WHen he's really on his game he uses his speed to wheel around defenders, then uses nice shots and moves to score. When he's off his game, he doesn't use creativity much, he seems to try to use the boards instead of driving up the middle and using his hands.

Superstar may be an overstatement, but an great goal scorer.

maybe he's just off since that "concussion"

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

This is a hypothetical that won't happen, but if you can trade Michalek, our first and a prospect like Prince for Hossa, you do it, no questions asked.

That's the value he has...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

not to mention Michalek could go down with another knee injury at any point in any game

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

meh..not really a concern (I hope :crossarms: )

his playmaking, vision and the fact that he's a 4-6 more than a 1-3 is more of a concern.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He's skilled, just not that good of a playmaker which is not working well in cycle games with Greening not having good vision himself. Teams have had time to study that line.
We need a good skating winger who is more of a east west type.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:This is a hypothetical that won't happen, but if you can trade Michalek, our first and a prospect like Prince for Hossa, you do it, no questions asked.

That's the value he has...

I think that package can get you Bobby Ryan so I'd rather get the younger guy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum