GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 4th, 2012

+8
SeawaySensFan
Ev
dennycrane
rooneypoo
cash
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:can we get rid of the guy who has no business being in the NHL? Piss off Carkner.

Laugh1 Laughing3

Scapegoatery at it's best.

How can you not admit that he is an awful d-man who belongs in the AHL? Every player skates by him, and he is not tough in the slightest anymore.

Take off your blinders.

I wish I had some on for this game. Laugh1 Laughing3

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Bag skate tomorrow.

Day off tomorrow says coach.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

we lost 6-2 at home to Montreal on the 27th. After that, 10 wins in the next 12 games.

Perspective

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I was at the game... I hate going to Leaf games.. but if I give up my ticket some Leafs fan will buy it.. so I go.

It's time to take back our "Bank". It's getting ridiculous.

The league does those Leaf fans a favour for always having the Leafs in Ottawa on a Saturday night.. that's when those bastards come down from Toronto.

No intensity in their game right now. The D is awful.

We all knew at the beginning of the season that there would be good nights and bad nights.. well welcome to the bad nights.

It could get worse... next up St. Louis.. after that Nashville.. with Fisher back and Phillips 1,000 game...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Optimus made 49 saves. Did he steal this one? I missed the game. Were the Sens even in it?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:And shabbs goes back into retirement...

I'm sory ... I feel like it was my fault ... Comfort

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Optimus made 49 saves. Did he steal this one? I missed the game. Were the Sens even in it?

No not at all. I'm surprised they got so many shots but they were not quality at all. The only thing Reimer had to do was control his rebounds and he did.

What a terrible game to be at. It was 70% leafs fans, more than usual. After the first 5 mins, sens fans had nothing to cheer about. Leafs played a great game.

It's time for another closed door meeting....please!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ugh.. was that a bad dream last night? No? Bah.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

love how NEELY is silent when they start losing. where's the bravado and the "no chance other teams catch them" comments?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:love how NEELY is silent when they start losing. where's the bravado and the "no chance other teams catch them" comments?
Heh. Yeah, that buffer evaporated pretty quickly.

Leafs are playing well and getting solid goal tending, Sens aren't getting anything. Still lots of season left... we'll see where it is when the dust settles. The East is so tight. We almost caught up to Boston at one point...

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:love how NEELY is silent when they start losing. where's the bravado and the "no chance other teams catch them" comments?
Heh. Yeah, that buffer evaporated pretty quickly.

Leafs are playing well and getting solid goal tending, Sens aren't getting anything. Still lots of season left... we'll see where it is when the dust settles. The East is so tight. We almost caught up to Boston at one point...
meh that buffer never really existed. Every game in hand for playoff bound teams was over 1 point in the standings. The most we ever had was an 8 point lead, with 4 and 5 games in hand for the other teams. At best, we were 3 points ahead, which isn't much of a lead at all. Also, with how weak the bottom of the conference is, its entirely possible for teams like NJD and WAS to riffle off 8-10 points in those 5 games.

We were always in direct competition with TOR and we were never close to Boston (we didn't catch them at any point and when we were closest, they had 6 games in hand...)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can tell that some of the guys from Bingo are getting really tired. Greening, Condra, Z.Smith etc. have all run out of gas a bit. Just gotta hope this team can get back on track next game...

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Whats worse is that Karlsson really hasn't looked good in the last two weeks. Even in the ASG he looked pretty lackluster.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Whats worse is that Karlsson really hasn't looked good in the last two weeks. Even in the ASG he looked pretty lackluster.

He should be included - same with Cowen, even Turris is either about to hit a brick wall, or he might have 5 more games before he does. This is where Spezza, Alfie and Michalek need to help out, but then...the team's best defenders are covering them pretty hard.

Michalek is such a beautiful player, I love the combo of size, speed and skill, but is he EVER streaky. We'll have to constantly remind ourselves of that...SO streaky. Better than Fisher, but almost as streaky.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

his skill is pretty underwhelming Imo...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:his skill is pretty underwhelming Imo...

I dunno man...he's got nice moves and seems to be able to pass - although his assist totals are horrible. If he was to play with speed and exhibit the skill he does during his hot streaks all the time, he'd be a superstar.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
cash wrote:his skill is pretty underwhelming Imo...

I dunno man...he's got nice moves and seems to be able to pass - although his assist totals are horrible. If he was to play with speed and exhibit the skill he does during his hot streaks all the time, he'd be a superstar.

Superstar? I am not sure what you're seeing but I have not seen these moves that you have apparently seen. He is best when he has that extra jump and can fly by a defender, fend him off with one hand, and score. But he really only shows "moves" when he is in a shootout. He is more of a north-south guy who can grind in the corner and take a pass and quickly put it in the net, but that hasn't been happening lately. He can't really handle the puck well either. He is a complimentary player, and no he is not a Hossa like everyone wants him to be.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michalek at the moment is playing like Heatley.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum