GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For literally nothing - Brian Connelly - some dude who lights the minors up.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Sweathog down! Robert Hedges (Juan Epstein on Welcome Back, Kotter) has passed away after an apparent heart attack. He was 60. I suddenly feel old.

Not true. He forged a note from his mom saying that he missed work because of a fatal heart attack.

RIP Juan.

You know he had a twin brother named Amal?

har! har!

As in, if you've seen Juan.... you've seen Amal?

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:For literally nothing - Brian Connelly - some dude who lights the minors up.
makes me wonder if our little AHL superstar has any value...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:For literally nothing - Brian Connelly - some dude who lights the minors up.
makes me wonder if our little AHL superstar has any value...

How does it work? When the NHL club makes a trade like this does the AHL player automatically move to the other team's farm club? Looking up Connolly's stats they have a line for Rockford (Chicago's farm club) with an asterisk (No longer on the roster) and another line with no stats for Abbotsford (Calgary's farm club).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This Phoenix fiasco has been played out way too long. Atlanta wasn't talked as nearly as much as Phoenix has, yet they relocated out of the blue it seems. Phoenix has been without an owner for years now and it's clear it won't work in that city. Move on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So it appears that Sid has an injury to C1 and C2 that the Penguins' doctors missed. He probably didn't even have a second concussion. Should be ready for the playoffs. Not happy with the doctors.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crosby to Ottawa E87?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Crosby to Ottawa E87?

Can he play wing? We're set down the middle but we could use a solid top-six winger. Sarcasm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So it appears that Sid has an injury to C1 and C2 that the Penguins' doctors missed. He probably didn't even have a second concussion. Should be ready for the playoffs. Not happy with the doctors.

Yeah, that is quite the interesting story. I'd be pissed at the team doctors too, who somehow missed that I had a BROKEN NECK.

Probably good news in the long run though...at least this explains some of the trouble he's been having.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ESPN's Power Rankings:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings/_/season/2012/week/18

Pretty good.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim Gleason, former Sens prospect, signs 4 year, $16M deal with the Canes.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That would indicate to me that he will not be traded.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

looks like Crosby may not have a concussion after all. Pens statement:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=614559&cmpid=pit-twt-pghpenguins

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

You know what I'm hungry for? Updates on Crosby's health situation. I mean, holy keep us in the dark these past 13 months, batman!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any news on the Crosby front? Anyone?!?!?! tumbleweed

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:You know what I'm hungry for? Updates on Crosby's health situation. I mean, holy keep us in the dark these past 13 months, batman!

you should be, because a healthy Crosby, along with Parise and Suter, will really take the Sens over the top. Am I right?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sore neck. Probably from trying to ********* himself.

I'll let you fill in the blanks on your own.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:You know what I'm hungry for? Updates on Crosby's health situation. I mean, holy keep us in the dark these past 13 months, batman!

you should be, because a healthy Crosby, along with Parise and Suter, will really take the Sens over the top. Am I right?

You do have to wonder how these past 13+ months will impact his next round of contract negotiations as well as his future with the Pens. Can you pay big money on a long term contract for a guy who may never be fully healthy again? It's be very interesting to see how this plays out next year... almost as interesting as learning about treating concussions and soft-tissue injuries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum