GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINAL: 4 Philadelphia @ 6 Ottawa, 5:00PM, Sunday, January 8, 2012

+8
Bramlet07
Riprock
sens4win
NEELY
spader
Hoags
PTFlea
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And I see Anderson went back to back.

What are we going to do with Auld now?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:If you want to keep Kuba and Spezza together for a few years, do you give Kuba a multi-year or go year to year? I'd prefer year to year just in case. He's missed a lot of games as a Senator.

As mentioned I think Kuba will want a 2 year desl. Do we give it?

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:Ugh we're not winning this one

Ahem.

Hey if you're gonna be wrong, might as well be wrong on that ! Smile

Next up Pittsburgh, I bet Auld will start against them due to his career stats vs. the Pens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ahem.

Next up Pittsburgh, I bet Auld will start against them due to his career stats vs. the Pens.

I don't think Auld will be seeing any action anytime soon.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

He's going to need a break at some point. If by some miracle we do make the playoffs he's going to be burnt out.

MacLean WILL have to play Auld at some point, might as well be against a team that he's got a good record against(and who are injured).

The other alternative will be a game on the Western road trip.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ahem.

Agreed TwoThumbsUp!

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

He's going to need a break at some point. If by some miracle we do make the playoffs he's going to be burnt out.

MacLean WILL have to play Auld at some point, might as well be against a team that he's got a good record against(and who are injured).

Agreed TwoThumbsUp!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Carkner was unfortunate this afternoon - again. I hate to pile on the guy, but he has to clean his game up a lot. He's paid to not be noticed at all unless he's pounding someone out or blocking a shot.

I think the Sens go after a vet. defender at the deadline to make the third pairing a little better.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is just awesome right now...so much fun to watch. It's hilarious whenever we're down a goal or two heading into the third...you just knew that Ottawa had it in them to comeback. Matrix may have given up one or two that he'd like back, but wow did he ever hold us in this one. He made some great saves down the stretch that let us come back.

Everyone is playing so well lately...is this what it's like to watch a well-coached team?

Turris, The Alfie, Neil, Smith, Kuba, Little Bobby B...getting contributions from EVERYBODY. 3 of 4 points versus one of the best teams in the league. Thrilled with that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, two bad penalties. Still makes you wonder how Carkner's gets called for interference when whats-his-name does not. Then Condra gets called for tripping when it really looked like a pretty bad dive -- how does that get called when they are short-handed, while the interference on Condra earlier does not?

Then I read this: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/01/08/19216581.html

“He probably shouldn’t have been in the game since he speared a guy,” said MacLean.

That's a dig at the refs.

Then he continues:
“Our goalie has 19 wins, he isn’t up for the Vezina Trophy, I know, but he’s got 19 wins in the league and he didn’t have the same opportunity to play the net and play his position as I thought (Flyers goalie) Ilya Bryzgalov did,” said MacLean.

Another dig, perhaps?

Great ghost of Clouston!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's got a bit of a point. Not a spear, in the classical sense, from the front, driving the blade in. But he reaches from behind and hooks Turris by the privates, and not with the blade coming in from the side, but between the legs, blade pointing up. And then it almost looks like he tries to fall across Turris' knee.

Listen, I'm not going to say that was spearing, but if they call Turris' retaliation a cross-check, then by god that was a spear.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Y'all remember this one?

Is that good ol' time hockey or just a dirty, sneaky slash to the head that deserved more than the 3 games he got?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a very blatant spear on Ovechkin (retaliation for Ovechkin's hit from behind earlier in the season, I think):

And another on Samuelsson:

Dirty little rat.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And here he jabs Eller in the groin after slipping on a face off -- does it sneakily, again, while getting up. The editing at the end is hilarious.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are all your videos of Briere? I can't view them at work.

Briere's always come across to me as a little rat, regardless.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Are all your videos of Briere? I can't view them at work.

Briere's always come across to me as a little rat, regardless.

Yes. The one off the faceoff was particularly gutless. They had words before -- the other guy was significantly taller (who isn't, though) but then they both bend low for the face off, and after the draw he just whips his stick up and across the guy's head. I think he meant to do that as an "Oops, I was just trying to get around him as he was ub-bending from the face off", but given the verbal interactions a couple of seconds earlier his intentions were clear. Briere has that classic short-man syndrome. I understand that, in hockey, the other players will take advantage of any limitation, and he needs to stick up for himself, but he repeatedly has done it in a very sneaky way. He's got skill, but he's still a rat.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's a shame this back to back against Philly was after the Winter Classic.

I'd love to hear Laviolette and the Flyers room after the 6-4 loss Laughing3

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yeah, two bad penalties. Still makes you wonder how Carkner's gets called for interference when whats-his-name does not. Then Condra gets called for tripping when it really looked like a pretty bad dive -- how does that get called when they are short-handed, while the interference on Condra earlier does not?

Then I read this: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/01/08/19216581.html

“He probably shouldn’t have been in the game since he speared a guy,” said MacLean.

That's a dig at the refs.

Then he continues:
“Our goalie has 19 wins, he isn’t up for the Vezina Trophy, I know, but he’s got 19 wins in the league and he didn’t have the same opportunity to play the net and play his position as I thought (Flyers goalie) Ilya Bryzgalov did,” said MacLean.

Another dig, perhaps?

Great ghost of Clouston!

He can afford to take digs at the refs because any retribution can be blamed on Clouston for at least another 3 years. Maybe 4.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Clouston for sure did some major damage with the refs along with the players for the last few years. They need to regain a reputation so they get some calls going there way more often than not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum