GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINAL: 4 Philadelphia @ 6 Ottawa, 5:00PM, Sunday, January 8, 2012

+8
Bramlet07
Riprock
sens4win
NEELY
spader
Hoags
PTFlea
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson and Kuba are a phenominal pair. Why anyone would want him shipped off is beyond anything I could ever come up with.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow.

ian_mendes Ian Mendes
With his 41 points, Erik Karlsson would be the leading scorer on 19 other NHL teams.

He's got a chance to be PPG heading to the ASG.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

like I said yesterday, you'll be hard-pressed to find too many home-and-homes which aren't split. Great comeback, and Karlsson is epic. +5 today, even though I don't care about that stat too too much

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Karlsson and Kuba are a phenominal pair. Why anyone would want him shipped off is beyond anything I could ever come up with.

I saw a graphic the other day I think the Sens were In the top three or top-five in scoring from the back end. Wonder where they are now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:like I said yesterday, you'll be hard-pressed to find too many home-and-homes which aren't split. Great comeback, and Karlsson is epic. +5 today, even though I don't care about that stat too too much

Condra and Kuba are leading the team with +13. I think that's fairly indicative of their play (Kuba's +4 today helped, of course). Spezza is even -- pretty much what I suspected. Didn't see the second or second half of first, but he was not very good in the third. Mind you, he was a +1 so I suppose he did what he had to do.

Someone (SteffeG or dchesnokov) tweeeted imagine what this team would do if it had goaltending. A bit unfair to Anderson, given his recent play, but it made me think -- imagine where this team would be if Spezza started playing well again?

P.S. Another game and Karlsson could be leading the team in points.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:like I said yesterday, you'll be hard-pressed to find too many home-and-homes which aren't split. Great comeback, and Karlsson is epic. +5 today, even though I don't care about that stat too too much

It just shuts a lot of people both on blogs and on TV up. That's why I like it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

go read Down Goes Spezza's timeline to see him talk about how what Ottawa is doing right now (winning) is detrimental to their future. Apparently we're the next Calgary, AND Philly has a better and deeper prospect pool than us. He states that Bourdon, Blake Kessel, and some other guy are better than any of our prospect d-men. Apparently he "works" in the ECHL so he "knows what he's talking about", and his "colleagues" agree with him.

Had to block the ignoramus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought if the Sens could get 16 points in January they would still be well on their way to the post-season. They have 10 games remaining to get 9 points, including games against Pittburgh (ravaged by injuries), Anaheim, Montreal, Toronto, Phoenix, LA. All teams below them in the standings. And they are tied for points with San Jose, although the Sharks have played in 5 fewer games (geez, what's with such disparity in the schedules).

I said, earlier, that I thought they had a great chance to win 8 games, let alone get 16 points. I stand behind that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The NHL point leader was held pointless for two straight games -- first time it's happened this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:go read Down Goes Spezza's timeline to see him talk about how what Ottawa is doing right now (winning) is detrimental to their future. Apparently we're the next Calgary, AND Philly has a better and deeper prospect pool than us. He states that Bourdon, Blake Kessel, and some other guy are better than any of our prospect d-men. Apparently he "works" in the ECHL so he "knows what he's talking about", and his "colleagues" agree with him.

Had to block the ignoramus.

Really? Now I have to check him out. He's showing up in my twitter feed because someone I'm following keeps retweeting him. Not sure why, since he's a Philly fan/blogger.

Sounds like a big tool.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was a lot of fun to see. Damn Karlsson/Kuba were machines tonight. Great! GoSensGo!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If you want to keep Kuba and Spezza together for a few years, do you give Kuba a multi-year or go year to year? I'd prefer year to year just in case. He's missed a lot of games as a Senator.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:That was a lot of fun to see. Damn Karlsson/Kuba were machines tonight. Great! GoSensGo!

Unreal. Kuba's playing some great hockey right now. Karlsson is such a beast.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:If you want to keep Kuba and Spezza together for a few years, do you give Kuba a multi-year or go year to year? I'd prefer year to year just in case. He's missed a lot of games as a Senator.

This has been discussed. Kuba is turning 37 next year. 2 years max. In the next 2 years we will be saying good bye to Gonchar, then Phillips. Lee and Carkner could be gone as soon as next year. That's potentially a lot of turnover. I'd say give Kuba a 2 year deal and keep one of Lee/Carkner. One (or both) of Borowiecki/Gryba could be brought along starting next season. There's also free agency, of course.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Was on the road all day today... but the BlackBerry was buzzing with updates from the game. Man was I gald to get a ton of buzzing in the 3rd period! WOW! What a come back. Have not seen any highlights yet, but was so glad to see the team come back and take it.

3 points out of 4 vs Philly in back to backs is awesome.

Keep on rollin' Sens!

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And I see Anderson went back to back.

What are we going to do with Auld now?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:If you want to keep Kuba and Spezza together for a few years, do you give Kuba a multi-year or go year to year? I'd prefer year to year just in case. He's missed a lot of games as a Senator.

As mentioned I think Kuba will want a 2 year desl. Do we give it?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:Ugh we're not winning this one

Ahem.

Hey if you're gonna be wrong, might as well be wrong on that ! Smile

Next up Pittsburgh, I bet Auld will start against them due to his career stats vs. the Pens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum