GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINAL: 5 Ottawa @ 1 Pittsburgh , 7:00PM, Tuesday, January 10, 2011

+15
sens4win
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
spader
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Pittsburgh , 7:00PM, Tuesday, January 10, 2011

FINAL: 5 Ottawa @ 1 Pittsburgh , 7:00PM, Tuesday, January 10, 2011 LargeFINAL: 5 Ottawa @ 1 Pittsburgh , 7:00PM, Tuesday, January 10, 2011 AtFINAL: 5 Ottawa @ 1 Pittsburgh , 7:00PM, Tuesday, January 10, 2011 Large

Coverage:
TV: SNET-E, TVA
Radio: Team1200
Internet: http://livetv.ru/en

The Sens are coming off an impressive come from behind victory over the Flyers in the second game of a home and home where they scored 4 goals in front of the home town crowd including an empty netter to seal the deal. It capped off a great weekend where Ottawa showed they could hang with the big boys and collected 3 of a possible 4 points. It should also be noted that the Sens have not lost in regulation since the 6-2 shellacking they took at the hands of the Habs on December 27th.

Ottawa will now be on the road for 9 of the next 10 games and will face a very banged up Penguins team tonight. This is a very winnable game and hopefully the Sens don't fall into the same trap they did vs. the Habs (another very winnable game IMO). With the likes of Crosby, Staal and their leading goal scorer Neal all out this should be a fair bet. The Pens still have some threats on the ice such as Malkin but with the others out it should be that much easier to focus on him.

Latest Update:

C Jesse Winchester isn’t ready to return from his concussion. He has resumed skating, but didn’t make the trip. Winchester has missed nine games.
- Ottawa Sun

OTTAWA (22-15-6)
Goals leader: Milan Michalek (20)
Assists leader: Erik Karlsson (35)
Points leader: Jason Spezza (42)

Ottawa Sun Projected lines :
SENATORS LINES

Colin Greening-Jason Spezza-Milan Michalek
Erik Condra-Kyle Turris-Daniel Alfredsson
Nick Foligno-Zack Smith-Chris Neil
Kaspars Daugavins-Zenon Konopka-Bobby Butler
Defence

Filip Kuba-Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen-Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips-Matt Carkner
Goalies

Craig Anderson
Alex Auld

Pittsburgh (21-15-4)
Goals leader: James Neal (21) [Injured]
Assists leader: EVGENI MALKIN (28)
Points leader: EVGENI MALKIN (44)

Ottawa Sun Projected Lines:

PENGUINS LINES

Chris Kunitz-Evgeni Malkin-Steve Sullivan
Eric Tangradi-Pascal Dupuis-Tyler Kennedy
Matt Cooke-Richard Park-Colin MacDonald
Steve MacIntyre-Joe Vitale-Aaron Asham
Defence

Brooks Orpik-Matt Niskanen
Paul Martin-Zbynek Michalek
Ben Lovejoy-Deryk Engelland
Goalies

Marc-Andre Fleury
Brent Johnson

NHL Game Day Preview: http://senators.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011020620

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators

TSN Ice Chips for Pittsburgh: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-penguins

GO SENS GO!!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In the last 30 Calendar days the Sens have lost twice in regulation. Once to the Bruins and once in embarrassing fashion to the Habs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well, not a super huge game but getting a win while the Pens are down and keeping the momentum through a pretty tough road trip would be good. If they can play 500 on the road, even a little under this month, they are in the playoffs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just hope they take that Habs game as a lesson that there are no easy games. The Pens play a solid system, have a good coach and have gone on good stretches without some top players. I personally think the injuries are at that point where it's just too much to overcome but the Sens certainly can't afford to sit back and I expect NOT! (Maclean) will take care of that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Friday January 10th? Man... feels like a Tue. today...

Wink

GO SENS GO!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Friday January 10th? Man... feels like a Tue. today...

Wink

GO SENS GO!!!

It's due to the folding of the space time continuum. I think it has something to do with the recent discovery that Neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light disproving Einstein and throwing the whole theory of relativity into question.

Or it could be just a typo. Vertigo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I like the neutrino explanation. I'll go with that.

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A good time to be facing the Pens. They're sinking, have injuries. Hopefully the Sens can keep it rolling. Need to take advantage whenever we can! Pedal to the metal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I like the neutrino explanation. I'll go with that.

Wink

:KKK:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JUSTICE.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:JUSTICE.

If you split that word in two it's JUST ICE. Coincidence? Vertigo

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'll wait and see what wprager has to say about the use of the word "coincidence" in this instance before I agree or disagree. Wouldn't want to appear foolish.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps I was asking the question to see if the word was properly used in this case?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps I was asking the question to see if the word was properly used in this case?

Very clever approach.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'll wait and see what wprager has to say about the use of the word "coincidence" in this instance before I agree or disagree. Wouldn't want to appear foolish.

The dictionary definition of the word coincidence is: the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection.

So, no, not coincidence. Actually, a lot of things I once thought were coincidences can't be considered coincidences given this Webster's definition. My world is crumbling. Knowledge is weakness. Ignorance is bliss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum