GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINAL OT: 2 Ottawa @ 3 Philadelphia, 1:00PM, Saturday, January 7, 2012

+9
NEELY
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
shabbs
Bramlet07
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Turris is getting more confident. The Alfie helps, again.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Turris had more ice time than Spezza Sneaky

I thought it was one of the better games they played, thought they kept up with Philly pretty well even though they have the better team.

Shame about the penalties, Philly looked very beatable at times.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Turris had more ice time than Spezza Sneaky

I thought it was one of the better games they played, thought they kept up with Philly pretty well even though they have the better team.

Shame about the penalties, Philly looked very beatable at times.

A lot of those were called because Clouston used to argue calls. Beer

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Got another point on the road they didn't really deserve, that's how you make the playoffs.

Take the point, go home, sleep in your own bed, and play the same team even harder tomorrow night.

Anderson was a rock.

I have a huge issue with you saying they didn't deserve the point. If not for the one-sided reffing they would have won that game 3-1 with an empty-netter to seal the win. 6-3 in PP opportunities is ridiculous given how the Flyers were playing. That call on Gonchar was weak to say the least, after everything else that was allowed. The goaltender interference for a forward going for a rebound in the crease is ridiculous. And I certainly hope they review the tape on the van Riemsdyk "ghost hit" and put a check-mark next to his name in the Diver's handbook.

That said, I never expected them to win both games, so I am very happy with the point. Who knows how it would have turned out in the SO, so I'm not going to blame Phillips for the lost 2nd point. But, dayum, with 12 seconds to go you don't shovel the puck to the weak side -- they had one Sen player near the crease on that side, and two Flyers along the boards. Wrong, wrong, WRONG move. I screamed "Phillips you turkey!" as soon as the puck left his stick. Worst thing was that gnome Briere gets the hat-trick on it. The little nut-digger should have been plowed into next week by someone for just trolling around our crease.

2 of those kills were OBVIOUS too many men penalties. Ottawa also got a 5 on 3. Reffing was pretty even for the most part.

Do you blame the refs every game?

I'm curious to see how there was "one-sided reefing". We scored on a 5 on 3, if you would recall.

I don't think the ref's had anything to do with losing, and I'm pretty sure Prager doesn't think so either... point is, there were some poor calls. In particular the one that irks me is the Turris goaltender interfere3nce call. Shouldn't have been called at all. No harm, no foul. Incidental contact.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you Dash. Exactly my point. Phillips had a massive brain cramp with 10 seconds to go, but if that call doesn't get made on Turris we may not have even gone to OT.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Phillips is not the player he may have been once before, and I don't get the love for him by some here. It's funny that people were so quick to criticize a rookie defenceman for sloppy play but defend a veteran player over and over.

I can actually understand a defenceman making a turnover in the offensive zone, but when its in the defensive zone, it's much worse.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

You only have to look at Phillips ice time to see how much MacLean trusts him.

Kuba had twice the ice time as Phillips.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Phillips is not the player he may have been once before, and I don't get the love for him by some here. It's funny that people were so quick to criticize a rookie defenceman for sloppy play but defend a veteran player over and over.

I can actually understand a defenceman making a turnover in the offensive zone, but when its in the defensive zone, it's much worse.

I've defended Phillips and will continue to do so. But that play was horrible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:You only have to look at Phillips ice time to see how much MacLean trusts him.

Kuba had twice the ice time as Phillips.

Don't forget that Kuba is paired with Kalrsson while Phillips is paired with Carkner. And he gets zero PP time. I don't think it's a matter of trust, at least not entirely.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

We all remember that 7-2 drubbing the Flyers gave the Sens in October.

It's great too see how far they have come in 3 mos. They hung in there with an elite team.

The next 3 games should be interesting indeed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:We all remember that 7-2 drubbing the Flyers gave the Sens in October.

It's great too see how far they have come in 3 mos. They hung in there with an elite team.

The next 3 games should be interesting indeed.

I don't really think you can consider the Flyers elite at this point. Both goalies are struggling and Pronger is gone (probably not just coincidence, there). They were also missing Jagr.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Would have been good to injure Biere yesterday and have one less thing to deal with today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Would have been good to injure Biere yesterday and have one less thing to deal with today.

Actually I wonder what are the stats on games following hat-tricks? He's probably not going to be very effective at all, especially on back-to-back afternoon games (and this one being 4 hours earlier).

P.S. There is a GDT for today's game. See you there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum