GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINAL OT: 2 Ottawa @ 3 Philadelphia, 1:00PM, Saturday, January 7, 2012

+9
NEELY
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
shabbs
Bramlet07
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Is that really a goaltender interference penalty? He drove the net to score (had the puck on his stick too) and tripped into the net. Since Philly came out with the puck, wouldn't it have been just as easy to call nothing? If Ottawa scored I could understand waiving it off... but why bother with a penalty?

He was bumped too, btw.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Is that really a goaltender interference penalty? He drove the net to score (had the puck on his stick too) and tripped into the net. Since Philly came out with the puck, wouldn't it have been just as easy to call nothing? If Ottawa scored I could understand waiving it off... but why bother with a penalty?

He was bumped too, btw.

That was not goaltending interference, and Butler getting an extra 2 when he didn't even touch JVR's chin was laughable. All the refs/linesmen missed it, then talked it over and decided what, exactly? If no-one saw it, then check the replay, and give JVR an unsportsmanlike for diving and a delay of game for staying on the ice that long.

Refereeing has been ridiculous in this game. Sure, Turris was driving the net, but he was going for the rebound. And he was pushed slightly. I assume he would have made more of an effort if that was Anderson he was crashing into, but that was not an intentional crash into the crease that warranted a minor.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, I mis-judged what happened with Butler. I saw the too many men, the refs conferring, then I had to settled a dispute between the kids. When I got back there was 1:48 still left so I figured it was a double minor. According to the box score it was a second too many men -- did he leave the box early or something stupid like that?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The worse part about Briere scoring a hat-trick is seeing that stupid one knee fist pump-windmill three times.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

damn, bad give away by Phillips there

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Could have gone either way tonight. Proud of the Sens in a big way. GoSensGo!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Got another point on the road they didn't really deserve, that's how you make the playoffs.

Take the point, go home, sleep in your own bed, and play the same team even harder tomorrow night.

Anderson was a rock.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought they deserved that point personally.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Got another point on the road they didn't really deserve, that's how you make the playoffs.

Take the point, go home, sleep in your own bed, and play the same team even harder tomorrow night.

Anderson was a rock.

I have a huge issue with you saying they didn't deserve the point. If not for the one-sided reffing they would have won that game 3-1 with an empty-netter to seal the win. 6-3 in PP opportunities is ridiculous given how the Flyers were playing. That call on Gonchar was weak to say the least, after everything else that was allowed. The goaltender interference for a forward going for a rebound in the crease is ridiculous. And I certainly hope they review the tape on the van Riemsdyk "ghost hit" and put a check-mark next to his name in the Diver's handbook.

That said, I never expected them to win both games, so I am very happy with the point. Who knows how it would have turned out in the SO, so I'm not going to blame Phillips for the lost 2nd point. But, dayum, with 12 seconds to go you don't shovel the puck to the weak side -- they had one Sen player near the crease on that side, and two Flyers along the boards. Wrong, wrong, WRONG move. I screamed "Phillips you turkey!" as soon as the puck left his stick. Worst thing was that gnome Briere gets the hat-trick on it. The little nut-digger should have been plowed into next week by someone for just trolling around our crease.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I thought they deserved that point personally.

Amen. They deserved one point, the refs deserved the other one. The Flyers didn't deserve anything.

And as for Anderson being a rock (NEELY said that) that 1st goal was a very bad rebound, and the OT winner -- what exactly happened there? Why was he not simply glued to the post, paddle down? Was he thinking of the SO already?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:The worse part about Briere scoring a hat-trick is seeing that stupid one knee fist pump-windmill three times.

Is it possible to hate a player more than I hate Roy? Probably not, but I'm getting into that territory with Briere.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Got another point on the road they didn't really deserve, that's how you make the playoffs.

Anderson was a rock.

I have a huge issue with you saying they didn't deserve the point. If not for the one-sided reffing they would have won that game 3-1 with an empty-netter to seal the win. 6-3 in PP opportunities is ridiculous given how the Flyers were playing. That call on Gonchar was weak to say the least, after everything else that was allowed. The goaltender interference for a forward going for a rebound in the crease is ridiculous. And I certainly hope they review the tape on the van Riemsdyk "ghost hit" and put a check-mark next to his name in the Diver's handbook.

That said, I never expected them to win both games, so I am very happy with the point. Who knows how it would have turned out in the SO, so I'm not going to blame Phillips for the lost 2nd point. But, dayum, with 12 seconds to go you don't shovel the puck to the weak side -- they had one Sen player near the crease on that side, and two Flyers along the boards. Wrong, wrong, WRONG move. I screamed "Phillips you turkey!" as soon as the puck left his stick. Worst thing was that gnome Briere gets the hat-trick on it. The little nut-digger should have been plowed into next week by someone for just trolling around our crease.

2 of those kills were OBVIOUS too many men penalties. Ottawa also got a 5 on 3. Reffing was pretty even for the most part.

Do you blame the refs every game?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A home-and-home is always almost split. We'll get the W tomorrow. Good to get something out of this one.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

Anderson was a rock.

2 of those kills were OBVIOUS too many men penalties. Ottawa also got a 5 on 3. Reffing was pretty even for the most part.

Do you blame the refs every game?

I'm curious to see how there was "one-sided reefing". We scored on a 5 on 3, if you would recall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The call on Gonchar (I think it was near the end of the second) was a very weak call. The call on Turris was ridiculous. I'm not going to argue it should have been a minor against Philly for pushing him, but there's no way that was goalie interference. And speaking of obvious too-many-men calls there was at least one I remember that should have gone the other way.

Bottom line, they had 6 power plays and the Sens had 3, and the game was nowhere near *that* lopsided in terms of rough or illegal play.

Can *you* back up your position with something more substantial than mentioning they scored on the 5-on-3? Or are you suggesting the refs were trying to even things up?

And, no, I do not always blame the refs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Turris is getting more confident. The Alfie helps, again.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Turris had more ice time than Spezza Sneaky

I thought it was one of the better games they played, thought they kept up with Philly pretty well even though they have the better team.

Shame about the penalties, Philly looked very beatable at times.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Turris had more ice time than Spezza Sneaky

I thought it was one of the better games they played, thought they kept up with Philly pretty well even though they have the better team.

Shame about the penalties, Philly looked very beatable at times.

A lot of those were called because Clouston used to argue calls. Beer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum