GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
EDMONTON JOURNAL: David Staples reports former NHL GM and Sportsnet analyst Doug MacLean believes Oilers winger Ales Hemsky will “most definitely be traded at the deadline.” MacLean listed Ottawa, Washington, Vancouver, Detroit and San Jose as potential destinations for Hemsky, while fellow analyst Nick Kypreos listed Chicago, Pittsburgh and Detroit. MacLean doesn’t believe Hemsky will fetch a big return for the Oilers.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: That’s because of his injury history and poor numbers this season. Still, I agree with MacLean that Hemsky will be moved by the trade deadline. It’s just a question of where.

I used to have Spector bookmarked and I just sort of stopped visiting his site...

By the way, I heard one "Insider" say (sorry I listen to so many between 1200, 990 and CKOI I can't keep them straight) that there's legitimate interest in young Horcs as well.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:
EDMONTON JOURNAL: David Staples reports former NHL GM and Sportsnet analyst Doug MacLean believes Oilers winger Ales Hemsky will “most definitely be traded at the deadline.” MacLean listed Ottawa, Washington, Vancouver, Detroit and San Jose as potential destinations for Hemsky, while fellow analyst Nick Kypreos listed Chicago, Pittsburgh and Detroit. MacLean doesn’t believe Hemsky will fetch a big return for the Oilers.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: That’s because of his injury history and poor numbers this season. Still, I agree with MacLean that Hemsky will be moved by the trade deadline. It’s just a question of where.

I used to have Spector bookmarked and I just sort of stopped visiting his site...

By the way, I heard one "Insider" say (sorry I listen to so many between 1200, 990 and CKOI I can't keep them straight) that there's legitimate interest in young Horcs as well.

Who?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:

Who?

That's right!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Horcoff?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hemsy to Ottawa makes a lot of sense.

And not they said (they believe) that the Oilers won't likely be able to get a high return.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Horcoff?

That's the guy that came to my mind, and while I like him as a player, his contract is way too big and too long.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:

Who?

Brother to Jesse Who and Peter Who....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:Horcoff?

That's the guy that came to my mind, and while I like him as a player, his contract is way too big and too long.

Sorry, I didn't mean for Ottawa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Our friend Eklund says Derek Roy to the Habs (e3)!!!!!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Our friend Eklund says Derek Roy to the Habs (e3)!!!!!!!

Further to that, it seems that The Ghost, Bob Gainey and Perry Pearn have been attending various games to do some pro scouting.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

From Yost:

Not to deviate from the topic[note: unrelated to Hemsky], but many of you have asked what Ottawa could be shopping come trade deadline, at least with respect to prospects. You'd have to assume that draft picks are in play - even the first-rounder, which loses value with each passing win.

As for young talent, it certainly depends on the return, but I'm beginning to wonder if Colin Greening is a name that might attract some suitors. If Bryan Murray picks up the phone to General Manager X with regards to a player on the trade block, what kind of talent would you demand in return from Ottawa? If it's a young forward, Greening has to be the answer, no?

Greening's not Zibanejad, and for that reason alone, there will be suitors. Ottawa seriously values Zibanejad's talent and potential, and views him as a building block for the future. But, what about Greening? The guy is a freakish combination of size and speed, but isn't necessarily viewed as a 'core' talent for the Senators. To get a little, you have to get a little.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=41497

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Greening on the move eh? Interesting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

While Yost is grasping at the straws of obvious, it hasn't really been talked about often. If I wanted to move Ryan to restock my young talent, I'd ask for Z.Smith, Greening, Condra, Borowiecki and Grant (I'd send back some pieces of Dung to fill Ottawa's roster). If Ottawa said yes, then I feel very good about adding these hard-working young pieces to my lineup, if they say no, then no hard, no foul. I'll keep looking.

SpezDispenser wrote:While Yost is grasping at the straws of obvious, it hasn't really been talked about often. If I wanted to move Ryan to restock my young talent, I'd ask for Z.Smith, Greening, Condra, Borowiecki and Grant (I'd send back some pieces of Dung to fill Ottawa's roster). If Ottawa said yes, then I feel very good about adding these hard-working young pieces to my lineup, if they say no, then no hard, no foul. I'll keep looking.

I'd say that most Anaheim fans would consider that to be quantity over quality. Ryan isn't going anywhere without someone who can contribute immediately. They believe they are a playoff team, and their recent play tends to lend credence to that argument.

Not to sell short what Smith or Greening have done this year, but I think they are most valuable (perceived or otherwise) right where they are - in Ottawa.

A deal of that kind just screams "Phaneuf Trade!" to me.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ottawa should just stand pat and go with what they have. What good is a player like Hemskey going to do for Ottawa? Not like he is known for hard work (Sens staple now), not like he his known to be hard on the forcheck and agressive on the puck (Sens staple now). He can't stay healthy and in all honesty messing with team chemistry is a very tricky thing.

The Sens are clearly for real and they have depth at every position now. The only thing that may change is Robin Lehner coming up to Ottawa near playoff time to be the 3rd goalie unless Anderson gets injured in which case he would become the starter.

The team is built properly and this is still a building year no matter how successful it's been thus far. They will continue to build going forward and maybe a guy like Petersson comes in and, wham! That's the top 6 guy.

Lots can happen but the team seems like are as close as they possibly can be. Sometimes the best move is the one you don't make.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:While Yost is grasping at the straws of obvious, it hasn't really been talked about often. If I wanted to move Ryan to restock my young talent, I'd ask for Z.Smith, Greening, Condra, Borowiecki and Grant (I'd send back some pieces of Dung to fill Ottawa's roster). If Ottawa said yes, then I feel very good about adding these hard-working young pieces to my lineup, if they say no, then no hard, no foul. I'll keep looking.

I'd say that most Anaheim fans would consider that to be quantity over quality. Ryan isn't going anywhere without someone who can contribute immediately. They believe they are a playoff team, and their recent play tends to lend credence to that argument.

Not to sell short what Smith or Greening have done this year, but I think they are most valuable (perceived or otherwise) right where they are - in Ottawa.

A deal of that kind just screams "Phaneuf Trade!" to me.

As GM I wouldnt care what the fans think, I would want a nice package to infuse youth and talent and grit into my lineup.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Ottawa should just stand pat and go with what they have. What good is a player like Hemskey going to do for Ottawa? Not like he is known for hard work (Sens staple now), not like he his known to be hard on the forcheck and agressive on the puck (Sens staple now). He can't stay healthy and in all honesty messing with team chemistry is a very tricky thing.

The Sens are clearly for real and they have depth at every position now. The only thing that may change is Robin Lehner coming up to Ottawa near playoff time to be the 3rd goalie unless Anderson gets injured in which case he would become the starter.

The team is built properly and this is still a building year no matter how successful it's been thus far. They will continue to build going forward and maybe a guy like Petersson comes in and, wham! That's the top 6 guy.

Lots can happen but the team seems like are as close as they possibly can be. Sometimes the best move is the one you don't make.

I agree but the only place I see a revolving door of players is that 6th d-man. This is why I think they should still target a d-man first and foremost....relatively inexpensive a La the Sutton deal.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Boroweicki looked really good so that answer might be from within as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum