GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Tampa Bay @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, January 5, 2012

+8
Da lil Guy
PTFlea
shabbs
Riprock
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
KidKarlsson
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:Well, that's the Craig Anderson we'll need for January.

And, guess what, it *is* January.

They were showing Anderson's stats before the game. Pretty incredible that he had 18 wins with a sub-900 SV%. Would tonight's performance put him at or over .900?

Edit: Yep. .901!

Sweet. It's awesome that he's top-5 (whoa...he's tied for second) in wins. This team keeps finding ways to win games.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sweet win. Turris with his first and the game winner. Alfie is amazing. Anderson played awesome. Great win!

GO SENS GO!!!

We be in 5th now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lucky to be up 2-0 after two, but a solid third. Nice game by Anderson, Alfie, Turris, Cowen, Condra. Not Karlsson's best game, but winning without him at his best is an accomplishment in itself.
GoSensGo!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matrix was our best player tonight, right up there with The Alfie. Great to see. We were kinda lucky to win this game, with St Louis and Stamkos missing several chances. TBay really is a one line team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote: Matrix was our best player tonight, right up there with The Alfie. Great to see. We were kinda lucky to win this game, with St Louis and Stamkos missing several chances. TBay really is a one line team.

I was wholly unimpressed with the Lightning. One line team with a very average D - and little to no goaltending.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote: Matrix was our best player tonight, right up there with The Alfie. Great to see. We were kinda lucky to win this game, with St Louis and Stamkos missing several chances. TBay really is a one line team.

I was wholly unimpressed with the Lightning. One line team with a very average D - and little to no goaltending.

top pairing D out...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

top pairing D out...

One guy makes that much a difference?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

top pairing D out...

One guy makes that much a difference?

Ohlund and Hedman log a combined 50-ish minutes, gotta thiink that makes a big difference.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah...Ohlund.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good start to January. Nice little 4 game winning streak going. Wonder what are our chances against the Flyers.I'm hoping for a split.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

massive 3 games coming up with the Philly home and home and then the Rags next week.. If we could take 4 point out of 6 we are laughing

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With two struggling goalies and no Jagr up-front ... we still have to deal with the league's best forward. But I still think we can take one of the home-and-home games, and hopefully steal a point in the other. We'll need Andy to be The One to get 4 of the six points, though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

KidKarlsson wrote:massive 3 games coming up with the Philly home and home and then the Rags next week.. If we could take 4 point out of 6 we are laughing
Philly, Philly, Pitt, Rags, Habs are the next 5 games...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KidKarlsson wrote:massive 3 games coming up with the Philly home and home and then the Rags next week.. If we could take 4 point out of 6 we are laughing

I'd like to see 3 straight wins with significant injuries inflicted on opposing players.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'd like to see 3 straight wins with significant injuries inflicted on opposing players.

I'd like to take out Lundqvist. He's all that stands between us and a Eastern Conference Finals appearance versus the Bruins.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bad karma for taking a goalie out. What goes around comes around. Not worth it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Bad karma for taking a goalie out. What goes around comes around. Not worth it.

I hear both our goalies are awful, so does it matter?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It does matter. You wouldn't want retaliation in any form - even if it isn't now, but in the future. Hockey players, despite the head injuries, don't forget (thanks to the media too).

If Lundqvist is their MVP, then the logical retaliation from them is to eliminate the Sens MVP, and that could be Karlsson, Spezza Michalek or Aflredsson. Can't afford to lose anyone of them. And if Anderson was the recipient, joking aside, the Sens would be worse off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum