GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010

+21
LeCaptain
Ev
dennycrane
Bramlet07
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
stempniaksen
KidKarlsson
sens4win
rooneypoo
ddt
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
SensGirl11
PKC
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Sens @ Lightning, April 8, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_lcap280%GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010.

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Large

... Hmm, a byline ... sorry, I've got nothing ... just like the Lightning.

Ottawa (44-31-5, 91 pts, 2nd in the North East and 5th in the Eastern Conference) continue their Florida “vacation” as they drop by Tampa Bay for a light work out with the Lightning (31-36-12, pts, last in the South East and 14th in the Eastern Conference). On Tuesday night the Sens gave their Captain a night to remember as they scored 5 times en route to a 5-2 win in Alfie’s 1000th regular season game. Alfie was given a “night off” with just over 14 minutes of ice time, but he still collected an assist. Chris Neil was the talk of the night with a Gordie Howe Hat-Trick and an extra assist “chaser”. Erik Karlsson continued his hot streak, scoring a goal.

Steven Stamkos is the only bright spot in an otherwise forgettable Lightning season. The sophomore centre is just one goal behind Sid and Ovie for the “Rocket” Richard trophy. Wouldn’t that be something? Just not Thursday night, OK? OK.

Game Coverage

TV: SNET-E,SUN (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: check ATDHE.net and Justin.tv

Latest updates:

Kuba had surgery on his ailing back and will miss 4 weeks or more.
    Michalek should be ready to go, and rumour has it that we may also see Cowen.

Lineups

Ottawa
    Tampa Bay

Ottawa Key Injuries

Milan Michalek (leg, probable for Thursday
    Filip Kuba (back surgery, out a month)

Lightning Key Injuries

Paul Ranger (personal, out until at least early April
    David Hale (lower body, out indefinitely
    Victor Hedman (lower body, questionable)
    Matt Smaby (back, out until at least early April)

Game Day Previews:

ESPN Preview
    NHL.com Preview

ESPN Stats Comparison
GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Sens%40Bolts

Media Links:

Official Sens Twitter
    SensTVOnline

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I had to put this one out extra quick (lost my edits 9/10th of the way through the first time) so if there are mistakes, deal with it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Lightn10

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Awesome! That is awesome. Ohmy...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now that Dash is having fun ... I think I need to upgrade my internet access Sad

Although I have to say, with chrome the site loads a hell of a lot faster. I just can't live without live bookmarks.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Are the images taking up too much bandwidth?

I've been using Firefox for a while now, and I recently tried Chrome and not too sure which is better.

I think I have Chrome on my "work" computer, but I do not use the internet on that much.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:30PM EST, Thursday, April 8th, 2010 Lightn10

very cool! i guess we know where he gets his shot from. Erik "lightning" karlsson Rockon

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That could be a nickname for him -- lightning, since he's pretty quick.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At least this game isn't on TSN so we don't have to hear how brilliant Stamkos is if he fires a puck at the net and it ricochets off of 2 or 3 players and into the net and hear how it was such a nice shot and a brilliant play as baldy gushes over Stevie S.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Twitter it up!

http://twitter.com/GMHockey/status/11824348955

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New twitter link)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Twitter it up!

http://twitter.com/GMHockey/status/11820798871

It's good to have you back. Prages and I neglected the twitter page as you may have noticed. Facepalm

Are you going to stick around for a while or is there another hiatus coming?

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's good to have you back. Prages and I neglected the twitter page as you may have noticed. Facepalm

I'll be around. Just not as regularly as I used to be.

Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'll be around. Just not as regularly as I used to be.

Smile

:KKK:

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

You guys should look at doing in-game updates to see if more people would visit the site. You should also include other key hash terms like #ottawa and #hockey that come up on trending lists.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:At least this game isn't on TSN so we don't have to hear how brilliant Stamkos is if he fires a puck at the net and it ricochets off of 2 or 3 players and into the net and hear how it was such a nice shot and a brilliant play as baldy gushes over Stevie S.

Meh, I don't really care. We've proven pretty much all of the analysts wrong by placing 5th -- which is exactly where most of the GMH residents placed them. And if not for a couple of injuries and that bout of stomach flu we would be leading the Division and sitting in 3rd, vying for 2nd. Elliott won NHL Player of the Week honours three times, and has pitched 5 shutouts in 54 games (he'd have 7 if he played as many games as Brodeur, and that would put him in the top-3 in the league) -- and that's behind a defense with a career AHLer, a rookie and a few guys that would be 7-8 on most defensive teams (Campoli, Picard, Lee). I think Elliott has proven McBaldy wrong when he said that Elliot is not now, nor will he ever be an NHL #1 goalie.

The bonus (for me) of not having it on TSN is that I get to watch it in HD Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum