GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habs fire Martin; Cunneyworth named as H.C.

+12
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
spader
SeawaySensFan
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
dennycrane
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Listening to TSN 990 is fun right now. They had Bob McKenzie answering questions about who the next GM will be. They love drama.

Wouldn't surprise me if Patrick Roy comes back in some capacity. Just having St. Patrick back in the Canadiens organization will cause enough uproar to have the media and fans largely forget the clusterdiddle that brought them to this point Laugh1

ahhahaha funny u say that becaaaaauuuuuse......

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=383099

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Listening to TSN 990 is fun right now. They had Bob McKenzie answering questions about who the next GM will be. They love drama.

Wouldn't surprise me if Patrick Roy comes back in some capacity. Just having St. Patrick back in the Canadiens organization will cause enough uproar to have the media and fans largely forget the clusterdiddle that brought them to this point Laugh1

ahhahaha funny u say that becaaaaauuuuuse......

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=383099

Piecing things I've heard together, I guess Roy's Remparts' contract expires this off-season. Meanwhile, The Ghost said from the outset that a permanent replacement for Martin wouldn't come until the end of the season.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Funny, I saw a comment (on the TSN site for that article) from some guy claiming to have been a Habs fan for 60+ years and said if Roy ever became coach/GM he would cease being a fan . Laughing3

Says only reason Roy's succeeding with the Remparts is because the team is making a lot of $$$ and he is buying all the good players. Laughing3

Ok, I don't know everything about the CHL, and I know that all three leagues are independent and have different rules, but pretty sure that CHLers are not bought. I know that, at least in the OHL, they receive an allowance, but pretty sure everyone gets the same $$$. And I don't think players in the CHL get signing bonuses from the CHL, but I know they do from the NHL.

Also, since players are drafted into the CHL, that kind of makes it hard to "buy" players, and you'd have to think that if a team paid players a "bribe" to play for them, that would be "frowned upon" to say the least.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Funny, I saw a comment (on the TSN site for that article) from some guy claiming to have been a Habs fan for 60+ years and said if Roy ever became coach/GM he would cease being a fan . Laughing3

Says only reason Roy's succeeding with the Remparts is because the team is making a lot of $$$ and he is buying all the good players. Laughing3

Ok, I don't know everything about the CHL, and I know that all three leagues are independent and have different rules, but pretty sure that CHLers are not bought. I know that, at least in the OHL, they receive an allowance, but pretty sure everyone gets the same $$$. And I don't think players in the CHL get signing bonuses from the CHL, but I know they do from the NHL.

Also, since players are drafted into the CHL, that kind of makes it hard to "buy" players, and you'd have to think that if a team paid players a "bribe" to play for them, that would be "frowned upon" to say the least.

I'm pretty sure a lot of trades involve money changing hands, just like it did in the NHL a while back (remember the cash for Gretzky?)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Also, since players are drafted into the CHL, that kind of makes it hard to "buy" players, and you'd have to think that if a team paid players a "bribe" to play for them, that would be "frowned upon" to say the least.

I heard that only happens in London, Windsor and Brampton.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah but you said "a while back" and times have changed, right? And this is the CHL, not NHL.

I'm skeptical to say the least.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-canadienscoach-french

FTW, that's bat-Dung insane.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy Diddle. Que govt should focus on fixing their roads and get the Diddle outta sports.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

God I hate the province of Quebec. Basically the only thing holding Canada back from being a near perfect country.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amazingly lame.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Keep him as interim and let Ottawa swoop him up as an assistant in Ottawa or head coach in Bingo in the off-season. I've always wanted Cunneyworth as coach in Ottawa.

No way should cunneyworth stick in Montreal after this fiasco. What a bunch of ass-clowns

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Doesn't get any easier for the Habs... they roll into Boston tonight...

They lost. Shocking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Does anyone disagree that Gauthier should've been fired?

If only for that Gomez trade...my god.

Jacques is a good coach, and will definitely get another job.

Jacques is as stubborn as a mule and has an ego the size of the Bell Centre. He's good to make a mediocre team respectable but he sucks at taking the next step and letting young players step up when they earn it.

Yep. He plays favorites and holds grudges big time.

And his hair is a crime, much like the Sedins' twin-gaytees.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:I think Gainey did most of the damage (although Gauthier worked with him at the time).

Dumbest move was resigning Markov for 3 years without some clause for games played. That and firing 2 coaches when its his team that sucks.

I've never heard of a deal like that. Would they be able to include that clause under the CBA? It's an interesting idea, but I'm just not sure that it would be possible.

Club option for the last two years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
I've never heard of a deal like that. Would they be able to include that clause under the CBA? It's an interesting idea, but I'm just not sure that it would be possible.

Low salary, big bonuses if he plays X number of games ? I thought that sort of thing is possible.

Could have at least resigned him for 1 year.

Performance bonuses only in ELCs now, I think.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Yeah but you said "a while back" and times have changed, right? And this is the CHL, not NHL.

I'm skeptical to say the least.

I'm pretty sure it's happened in the CHL recently. The "while back" comment was for the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-canadienscoach-french

FTW, that's bat-Dung insane.

They might have a leg to stand on in Quebec City, if they pony up big money for the arena. But even then, that almost never happens even with a big investor.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gauthier apologizes to fans for hiring a non-French speaking Coach...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384029

Wow. Unbelievable. Cunneyworth must feel so awesome right now, with the Habs organization tripping over itself apologizing for this.

Classless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum