GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martin Brodeur hits 104.

+3
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur for breaking the shutout record last night vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins. It can be debated how much of that was him and how much of it was the teams in front of him but it still deserves some accolades IMO.

- Unknown Author

2Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This dude is money in the bank.

3Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cue the SSF sarcastic dig on Brodeur or should I say Fraudeur in 3..2..1..

- Unknown Author

4Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:25 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:This dude is money in the bank.

Last time I heard that was in Game 7 vs. Carolina last year.

Congratulations for riding a team system into the record books, Fraudeur. You won't be looking so good in Vancouver. Martin Brodeur hits 104. 159628

5Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Congratulations for riding a team system into the record books, Fraudeur. You won't be looking so good in Vancouver. Martin Brodeur hits 104. 159628

What took you so long?

- Unknown Author

6Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

What took you so long?

I was listening to my Christmas video, posted in the "What Am I Listening..." thread to lessen my rage. I'm not sure it's working. Martin Brodeur hits 104. 235689 Martin Brodeur hits 104. 805406

7Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Cue the SSF sarcastic dig on Brodeur or should I say Fraudeur in 3..2..1..
Nice call.

8Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

What took you so long?

I was listening to my Christmas video, posted in the "What Am I Listening..." thread to lessen my rage. I'm not sure it's working. Martin Brodeur hits 104. 235689 Martin Brodeur hits 104. 805406

At least you've got Brodeur's accomplishment to be happy about right? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

9Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:At least you've got Brodeur's accomplishment to be happy about right? Martin Brodeur hits 104. 159628

It doesn't bother me that much. He's a good goalie. Best ever? Not so much.

Listening to Galley and Brown gush about him for about half the broadcast was tough to take, though. Martin Brodeur hits 104. 270956

10Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Wasn't the Scott Clemenssen experiment last year enough for people to open their eyes?

11Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Wasn't the Scott Clemenssen experiment last year enough for people to open their eyes?

The experiment where they had a winning record and were scoring more goals than ever? Yeah, that sucked. Martin Brodeur hits 104. 235689 Martin Brodeur hits 104. 805406

12Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

What took you so long?

You started counting down from 3. SSF started from 104.

13Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

What took you so long?

You started counting down from 3. SSF started from 104.

Martin Brodeur hits 104. 169126 Should'a' had a V8?

- Unknown Author

14Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:00 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Amazing.... Even if you believe that he benefits from the team's system, what he has accomplished is challenged... 104 shuthouts will never be touched by another goaltender... Congrats!

15Martin Brodeur hits 104. Empty Re: Martin Brodeur hits 104. Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Amazing.... Even if you believe that he benefits from the team's system, what he has accomplished is challenged... 104 shuthouts will never be touched by another goaltender... Congrats!

He also benefited from a longer season did he not? Still impressive but untouchable? Never say never.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum