GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about shipping from UK

+5
wprager
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
garblar
Ev
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:yeah I already checked that to make sure. They are region-free. Everyone is buying them from Amazon UK because of the HUGE price difference ($120 here in Canada.

It's like Subway only with DVDs.
Here we go...

17Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Amazon.ca is a big joke. Most of the stuff in there are cheaper in the US/UK all things considered.

18Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:Amazon.ca is a big joke. Most of the stuff in there are cheaper in the US/UK all things considered.

I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon US. Only issue is shipping cost + import fee but you still save a bunch eveen with all those fees attached.

How can Harry Potter 8 film set be $110 on .ca and $79.99 on .com? Makes no sense.

19Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah it's gov. taxing like everything else in this country...
It's too bad the electronics stuff on amazon.com cant ship here.

20Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is messed up. And it's getting shipped over seas.

We're getting $5 foot long'd over here.

Wink

21Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:Amazon.ca is a big joke. Most of the stuff in there are cheaper in the US/UK all things considered.

Amazon.ca *used to be* a joke. Amazon.com raised their shipping rates to Canada (I believe it's $8 for the first item and $3 for additional items) and they are now charging sales taxes and import fees (or at least some fees). And Amazon.ca has gotten progressively cheaper, *and* the have free shipping on $25 and over.

The list price for the 8 HP movies is $140 vs. $160. Add $8USD for shipping and convert to Canadian and it gets a lot closer to $160. They cannot follow the exchange rate of the day so they apply some expected exchange rate (and, of course, they are not against making an extra buck or two).

The prices in the UK are not always that much better. The HP movies are a bit of an anomaly -- all the actors are British and I wonder if there is something in that (I know when Mary Poppins finally comes out on Blu I'll check the UK price).

Also Amazon.ca have really been improving their selections. I've recently bought some cables (HDMI for around 1/4 of what I'd pay at Future Shop, on a 40% off sale). The prices there are rivaling monoprice (especially since they charge less for shipping). Things *are* much better than before, and you will even find some reverse anomalies (things for less on .ca).

22Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:Yeah it's gov. taxing like everything else in this country...

Oh, can't it? You have relatives/friends in the States?

23Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Amazon "list prices" are always BS. They just make them up and say "20% off!" when there's actually no savings at all. There's literally no list prices that were once the real price of the product. It's just a marketing ploy and is actually illegal if somebody were to make a fuss about it.

The US HP set will cost you a total of $99 with import fee and shipping included. On Canadian site it is about $124. So you're still saving around $25.

24Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKid wrote:Yeah it's gov. taxing like everything else in this country...

Oh, can't it? You have relatives/friends in the States?

I do but I don't bother. I don't buy that much stuff.

25Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Amazon "list prices" are always BS. They just make them up and say "20% off!" when there's actually no savings at all. There's literally no list prices that were once the real price of the product. It's just a marketing ploy and is actually illegal if somebody were to make a fuss about it.

The US HP set will cost you a total of $99 with import fee and shipping included. On Canadian site it is about $124. So you're still saving around $25.

But $49 from the UK trumps them all, so what's the discussion?

26Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Amazon "list prices" are always BS. They just make them up and say "20% off!" when there's actually no savings at all. There's literally no list prices that were once the real price of the product. It's just a marketing ploy and is actually illegal if somebody were to make a fuss about it.

But $49 from the UK trumps them all, so what's the discussion?

I don't know actually...

27Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:yeah I already checked that to make sure. They are region-free. Everyone is buying them from Amazon UK because of the HUGE price difference ($120 here in Canada.

The only sub that matters, The Pizza Sub, is the same price here as in the States. $5. There is no other sub that matters.

28Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The only sub that matters, The Pizza Sub, is the same price here as in the States. $5. There is no other sub that matters.

chicken bacon

29Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

chicken bacon

Is that a Subway sub? If so, you should know that Subway doesn't really serve anything resembling chicken or steak for that matter.

Or, maybe you're just throwing out random meat-words...if that's the case:

turkey ham

30Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:55 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Quiznos or bust.

And yeah I was going to comment about his "Chicken bacon" and ask if he meant chicken & bacon or bacon made from chicken? Laughing3

31Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

chicken bacon

Is that a Subway sub? If so, you should know that Subway doesn't really serve anything resembling chicken or steak for that matter.

Or, maybe you're just throwing out random meat-words...if that's the case:

turkey ham

It's the same as Timmy Ho's. Their "chicken" might not even be food, let alone meat. I can't eat that junk. To be completely honest, I can't stand Subway. Their veggies are disgusting. Everything there is either overly processed or overly preserved.

32Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The subway "chicken breast" sucks and is fake meat, but their "chicken" in the "chicken bacon ranch" is quality. Most expensive sub for a reason

33Question about shipping from UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ordered Harry Potter too. $48 CAD for 8 Cussing blurays? Sign me the Diddle up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum