GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about shipping from UK

+5
wprager
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
garblar
Ev
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Question about shipping from UK Empty Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey folks. I wanna buy Harry Potter complete blu ray set.

The total on Amazon UK is $50 CAD.

The total on Amazon US is $91 CAD

Question is, how much will I have to pay to have that set imported from UK? Anyone know? The total of the US one already includes import fees.

Surely it wouldn't be $40 right?

2Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 pm

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

you may run into issues with the dvd regions or that they are PAL instead of NTSC

3Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah I already checked that to make sure. They are region-free. Everyone is buying them from Amazon UK because of the HUGE price difference ($120 here in Canada.

4Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:12 pm

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=11072991

looks like it wouldn't be too much

5Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:yeah I already checked that to make sure. They are region-free. Everyone is buying them from Amazon UK because of the HUGE price difference ($120 here in Canada.

It's like Subway only with DVDs.

6Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

garblar wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=11072991

looks like it wouldn't be too much

I'm talking about fees that you have to pay once it actually gets here. The total I listed is with shipping cost included.

7Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You mean duty? Check the Canadian Customs site, they tell you the costs for items imported and all that. Order it as a gift and it might make a difference.

8Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Total cost on Amazon is $49 (it's 30 pounds at current exchange rates), plus 7% duty and $5 customs handling fee, which is $53.43. And there is a small chance it may skip the duty and handling fee.

However it's listed as being available for pre-order. If you want it right now, check out your local Costco. I saw it last night for $80 (that's $20 off).

9Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Total cost on Amazon is $49 (it's 30 pounds at current exchange rates), plus 7% duty and $5 customs handling fee, which is $53.43. And there is a small chance it may skip the duty and handling fee.

However it's listed as being available for pre-order. If you want it right now, check out your local Costco. I saw it last night for $80 (that's $20 off).

sweet thanks. I'll be keeping my pre-order then

10Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So in the end I paid $49.70 for the complete 8 film box set.

Just got it today in the mail. It took only 7 days from the UK.

I love Amazon.

11Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Haven't seen this topic sooner but I pretty much have accounts for Amazon.ca/fr/uk/com Laugh1

I remember buying Planet Earth in uk on bluray for like 30$ less.

12Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:So in the end I paid $49.70 for the complete 8 film box set.

Just got it today in the mail. It took only 7 days from the UK.

I love Amazon.

I was close ($49) and it looks like they didn't stop it at customs. Typically anything under $40 just goes through and above that, the higher the value the more likely it will get stopped.

13Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:yeah I already checked that to make sure. They are region-free. Everyone is buying them from Amazon UK because of the HUGE price difference ($120 here in Canada.

It's like Subway only with DVDs.
Here we go...

14Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Amazon.ca is a big joke. Most of the stuff in there are cheaper in the US/UK all things considered.

15Question about shipping from UK Empty Re: Question about shipping from UK Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:Amazon.ca is a big joke. Most of the stuff in there are cheaper in the US/UK all things considered.

I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon US. Only issue is shipping cost + import fee but you still save a bunch eveen with all those fees attached.

How can Harry Potter 8 film set be $110 on .ca and $79.99 on .com? Makes no sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum