GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for you guys

+6
Cap'n Clutch
Aetherial
shabbs
wprager
LethalLehner
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Question for you guys Empty Question for you guys Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does anyone have Rogers and having break ups during 99% of programming, Center Ice, every channel is having feed problems.

Anyone else...

2Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:18 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:Does anyone have Rogers and having break ups during 99% of programming, Center Ice, every channel is having feed problems.

Anyone else...

I have Rogers digital and I am not having any problems.

3Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Check your signal levels. Assuming your set-top box is a Scientific America the instructions (and explanations) at the link below should help.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/sciatl/3.1_Using_diagnostic_screens

If it turns out that you've got a problem with your signal then check all your connections and any splitters you might have.

4Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay thanks, will do!

5Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Okay thanks, will do!
Yeah - this sounds like a signal level issue. I've had a similar problem. If that's what it is, you'll have to get a Rogers tech out to visit and they'll install a signal amplifier on your line to fix the problem.

6Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:52 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Just don't let them see that your cable is split 5 ways... (4 TV's and internet)

7Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you have VIP you get 3 or 4 connections I believe.

- Unknown Author

8Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting - I was thinking of switching but maybe not now.

Expressvu gives an unlimited number of connections (but you have to have decoders; I believe that Rogers still pumps basic cable down each line whether you pay or not, as long as there is the internet feed)

9Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:42 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:Interesting - I was thinking of switching but maybe not now.

Expressvu gives an unlimited number of connections (but you have to have decoders; I believe that Rogers still pumps basic cable down each line whether you pay or not, as long as there is the internet feed)

yeah same with Rogers... You need a digital box for every TV....

Man gotta get me a PVR though... Those things are awesome... anyone know where we can get them for cheap??

10Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:47 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm considering Slingbox myself. It might even have built in PVR (hypothetically, it shouldn't be too hard to rig up).

But yeah, the mighty gods of PVR are definitely deserving of our praise.

11Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I'm considering Slingbox myself. It might even have built in PVR (hypothetically, it shouldn't be too hard to rig up).

But yeah, the mighty gods of PVR are definitely deserving of our praise.

i'm really not familiar with this slingbox thing at all... How does it work exactly??

12Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:55 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

You plug your tv in one end, internet in the other, and you can log in from anywhere and stream/control your tv over the internet.

CI Online is more expensive than regular CI I think, and I'd get all of my dad's regular programming.

Win/win.

13Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:You plug your tv in one end, internet in the other, and you can log in from anywhere and stream/control your tv over the internet.

CI Online is more expensive than regular CI I think, and I'd get all of my dad's regular programming.

Win/win.

ah ok... But so it's to watch TV on your computer right? or whatever portable device you have? yeah that's neat, but I don't really need that, I just want to be able to record everything! LOL

14Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... the PVR changed my life. Seriously. This is one of the few devices that I would not be able to do without. Those of you with kids will be able to understand. First off, there's no way my wife and I have time to watch our TV shows live in "real time". The PVR grabs all our shows during the week and we watch them later when we can, ripping through the ads with ease. The only thing I watch live is sports as I can't seem to get up for watching a game after it's done unless it was a crazy game. Sometimes I'll start to watch a game 15-20 minutes after it's started and catch up by ripping through commercials along the way.

The PVR's built in feature of "recording everything your watching at the time" is sweet and let's you pause live TV and rewind back and check something out (ie: Janet Jackson's slip up at the Super Bowl half time show) provided it's still in the buffer.

If you don't have one, get one.

You can add more capacity to the Rogers PVRs by attaching an external SATA drive. This is good if everything you record is in HD as it does chew up a lot of space. A few HD movies, hockey games, a weeks worth of shows... and it adds up.

15Question for you guys Empty Re: Question for you guys Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:08 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, it doesn't work on iPhones (jailbroken ones are ok), as it's not on the Apple Apps Store, and you need proprietary software to stream the feeds. I know my buddy has it working on his Nokia n95.

I move every four months, and don't have a tv, so the computer streaming works great for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum