GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
rooneypoo
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Sens vs. Rags - Nov. 9: Who wins?

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap280%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap220%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Missed that article somehow, that's great!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The kids are alright...

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Nope they already told him to get a house in Ottawa

Did they really ? I only heard about Cowen.

I guess they have some decisions to make.

They told, Da Costa, Cowen & Rundblad they were staying.

Also the issues with the PP the past several games probably has a lot to do with Alfie being out.

I can see the Spezza hate is still out there. Sure he tries to do too much out there.. and has the occasional giveaways... but right now is he 8th in the league in faceoff percentage... which is something this team needs right now.. is centres good on the faceoffs. Zack Smith is 25th... though, of course, doesn't have the same # of faceoffs.

Spezza is what he is... that play on Michalek's goal was great....

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Still can't believe Murray compared him to Oates... Vertigo

You think that's something, Kleinendorst was on Team 1200 today and compared Borowiecki to Scott Stevens.

(KK was asst. coach in New Jersey so he's not talking out of his Donkey).

Are they just Cussing around with us ? Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Still can't believe Murray compared him to Oates... Vertigo

You think that's something, Kleinendorst was on Team 1200 today and compared Borowiecki to Scott Stevens.

(KK was asst. coach in New Jersey so he's not talking out of his Donkey).

Are they just Cussing around with us ? Laughing3

Yeah I heard that, that's twice he's been compared to Stevens, can't recall who the first guy was, maybe it was KK again.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

I still think it's Cussing crazy that people don't see the clear distinction/gap between Foligno and Daugavins.

(this coming from a guy who never believed in Foligno)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:I still think it's Cussing crazy that people don't see the clear distinction/gap between Foligno and Daugavins.

The only difference is NHL experience. Foligno is a nice 3rd liner who was on a bit of a hot streak, Daugavins is a nice 4th liner who has 3rd line potential given some games. I wouldn't say Daugavins has made Foligno expendable like some knee-jerk fans are saying, but he could soon enough.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
cash wrote:I still think it's Cussing crazy that people don't see the clear distinction/gap between Foligno and Daugavins.

The only difference is NHL experience. Foligno is a nice 3rd liner who was on a bit of a hot streak, Daugavins is a nice 4th liner who has 3rd line potential given some games. I wouldn't say Daugavins has made Foligno expendable like some knee-jerk fans are saying, but he could soon enough.
Foligno has shown great progress this year. His game has evolved in some pretty significant ways.

Daug is playing well, but he's still clearly not at a FT NHL level. His game against the Rangers was by far the worst of his two stints here in Ottawa. He was anything but noticeable against the Slugs.

Foligno is by no means a game changer but he's clearly head and shoulders above Daug right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It doesn't help that I found Daug crappy tonight, but I think he'll develop pretty quickly.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

They're the same age (I think)...it shouldn't be expected for him to surpass Foligno at any point, let alone in just a short stint.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's what I meant, now it's basically gonna come down to NHL experience and how much more comfortable Daugavins can get when an offensive chance comes up. He has a nice skill set if he can put it all together here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's not forget, also, that Foligno has been playing on the 2nd line which, for a while (and again) had a certain #11. You've gotta think that opens up room for the others on the line. And the way Da Costa skates with the puck draws a bit more attention that way, too. Of course that probably means that Daugavins, on the third line, is playing against lower competition. Who knows? Maybe he's "cooled off" recently because, without Alfie on the 2nd, there's little difference between lines 2 and 3, and some teams may have put the better checkers against the third line.

I think Foligno has really worked on his puck handling through traffic. He's holding on to the puck longer, rarely loses it, and often gets it right back. Next, he's go to work on getting his shot off faster in those few split-second times while he's dangling, that a lane opens up. He doesn't have the upper-gear necessary to break away or go wide around a defenseman, so he's got to work on getting his shot off quicker.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno is great at breaking into the zone. A lot of the time he will drive hard and has shown some great stick work to get by people, or he will just flip the puck in and use his size and strength to fight his way in.

I think his development has been slower than most, but he continually gets better.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Let's not forget, also, that Foligno has been playing on the 2nd line which, for a while (and again) had a certain #11. You've gotta think that opens up room for the others on the line. And the way Da Costa skates with the puck draws a bit more attention that way, too. Of course that probably means that Daugavins, on the third line, is playing against lower competition. Who knows? Maybe he's "cooled off" recently because, without Alfie on the 2nd, there's little difference between lines 2 and 3, and some teams may have put the better checkers against the third line.

I think Foligno has really worked on his puck handling through traffic. He's holding on to the puck longer, rarely loses it, and often gets it right back. Next, he's go to work on getting his shot off faster in those few split-second times while he's dangling, that a lane opens up. He doesn't have the upper-gear necessary to break away or go wide around a defenseman, so he's got to work on getting his shot off quicker.
Foligno has played some of the best hockey of his career over the last 10 games and he was great until the last two games, and even in those two, he was a clear step above Daug. And he wasn't the only one to look like he'd taken a step back over the last couple of games.

I have no issue with Daug, I just have an issue with the idea that he's in any way a better prospect than Foligno. And I agree SD that he has a good skillset and may one day fit on a 2nd line. Imo he has yet to solidify his spot on an NHL 3rd and is pretty far from it. Keep in mind he has to fend off all of Butler, Winchester, Konopka, and Filatov for that spot on the 3rd line Puking2 Let's see him break onto Philly's 3rd line or Washington's...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The "cooled off" comment was about Daugavins. Without Alfie on the 2nd line we, essentially, have two 3rd lines, so the opposition has less of a reason to focus in on the 2nd line, meaning Daugavins' line would get more attention than they got before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum