GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
rooneypoo
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Sens vs. Rags - Nov. 9: Who wins?

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_lcap280%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_lcap220%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Large VS Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 Large
Who: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators
When: Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 @ 7:30PM
Where: TSN, RDS

The Story:

The last meeting between these two teams on October 29 was a spirited one. The Senators, thanks in part to Jason Spezza, came from behind, down 4-1, to win 5-4 in the shootout. The Sens gave up four unanswered goals after taking a 1-0 lead in the 1st. Down 4-1 midway through the third, the Sens scored three times in a span of 8 minutes to tie the game up, with the tying goal being scored by Milan Michalek, who also scored the lone goal in the shootout to give the Sens the win.

The Senators win came with a loss of another kind, as Daniel Alfredsson was injured following a late hit from the Rangers Wojitek Wolski. Alfredsson has been sidelined since with a concussion. He may return friday.

Ottawa (7-7-1)

The Sens are coming off of a 3 day lay off, their last game a 3-2 OT loss to the Sabres on Saturday. Currently Ottawa's record places them 3rd in the Northeast and 10th in the Eastern Conference.

This is the first meeting between the Sens and Rangers since the Rangers' Wolski injured Alfredsson on a late hit that has kept the Sens Captain out of the line-up with a concussion. However, Wolski has since been sidelined with his own injury problems. Karma at work from the Hockey Gods?

The Senators have re-assigned forward Nikita Filatov to Binghamton, and Zenon Konopka draws back into the line-up. Another line change to note, Brian Lee will be a healthy scratch as David Rundblad steps back into the line-up.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Milan Michalek (9)
Assists: Erik Karlsson (12)
PIMs: Zenon Konopka (54)
+/-: Zack Smith (3)

Players-to-Watch:

Jason Spezza had a goal and an assist (originally was credited with OTT's 2nd goal, but later was given to Milan Michalek) in the 5-4 win, however he has gone pointless in the 4 games since. He has 22 points (8-14) in 26 career games vs. the Rangers.

Filip Kuba led the team in points, contributing 3 assists in the October 29 win, but only had 5 points in 26 career games vs. the Rangers prior to that game. He has 2 assists in the last 4 games.

Starting Line-up:

Colin Greening - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno - Stephane Da Costa - Bobby Butler
Kaspars Daugavins - Zack Smith - Chris Neil
Erik Condra - Zenon Konopka - Jesse Winchester

Chris Phillips - David Rundblad
Filip Kuba - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Sergei Gonchar

Craig Anderson

Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson, Matt Carkner, Peter Regin

Rangers (7-3-3)

The Rangers sit 3rd in the Atlantic and 6th in the East. They are coming off of a 3-0 win over the Jets on Sunday.

With injury problems of their own (have been wothout stud defenceman Marc Staal since Oct. 3), the Rangers added some depth at forward trading D Tomas Kundratek to the Capitals for C Francois Bouchard.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Gaborik (7)
Assists: Anisimov (7)
PIMs: Dubinsky (45)
+/-: McDonagh/Del Zotto (6)

Players-to-Watch:

Brad Richards had 2 goals and an assist in the Rangers' 5-4 loss vs. Ottawa Oct. 29. In his career vs. Ottawa, he has 25 points (13-12) in 32 games, but is a -13.

Marian Gaborik had a goal and 2 assists October 29. He has 16 points (6-10) in 13 career games vs. Ottawa.

Starting Line-up:

Derek Stepan - Artem Anisimov - Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Ruslan Fedotenko - Brian Boyle - Brandon Prust
Sean Avery - Erik Christensen - Andre Deveaux

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto - Mike Sauer
Jeff Woywitka - Steve Eminger

Henrik Lundqvist

Injuries:

Wolski, Rupp, Kolarik, Staal

Last edited by Dash on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 5 times in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

You're early in the construction of this, I know, but...

Filatov in, & Daugavins out? Is that a typo? And no Runblad again?

Also: Michalek has 9 goals now. Cheering

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens needs to win this one before hitting the road. Could be a long road trip if they don't.

Also, what's the timeline on Alfi?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:You're early in the construction of this, I know, but...

Filatov in, & Daugavins out? Is that a typo? And no Runblad again?

Also: Michalek has 9 goals now. Cheering

I am using the liens from dailyfaceoff which go by the last game or practice. I expect Konopka in for Filatov?

I have to run, will fill in later.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice GDT!!

Filatov is in Bingo, so he won't be playing. No word on if Lee is in, or if Rundblad is back.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Have the Sens won a game with Lee in the lineup this year? Seriously.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Have the Sens won a game with Lee in the lineup this year? Seriously.

I was thinking the same thing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Nice GDT!!

Filatov is in Bingo, so he won't be playing. No word on if Lee is in, or if Rundblad is back.

I hope he stays there for the weekend for I can see him play for Bingo on Sunday.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Have the Sens won a game with Lee in the lineup this year? Seriously.

I'm not even trying to be a Richard about it. There is no way they have won more than a game with Lee in there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm not even trying to be a Richard about it. There is no way they have won more than a game with Lee in there.

I thought Lee played pretty well, but we need Rundblad back in there. Especially with the offense running through our blue line.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Nope, they haven't. Winless with Lee. It's a shame because it paints him in a bad picture unfairly. But yes, Rundblad has helped the team win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Results of the baseline test for Alfie come out today. He might be okayed to play Friday.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:

Nope, they haven't. Winless with Lee. It's a shame because it paints him in a bad picture unfairly. But yes, Rundblad has helped the team win.

Lee is a 7th D man at this point in his career on a borderline playoff team. It's not his fault the Sens are not winning when he is in the lineup but he doesn't absolutely nothing to help the Sens win games. He's just there not to make a mistake.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'd get in the more offensive Rundblad - especially against the Rangers. I'm sure Mac will tell Lee that it's not his fault, but he's caught in another numbers game. I would almost bet $$ on Rundblad getting the nod today.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Carkner and Alfredsson on the ice for the pre-game skate. Damn!

Lee's 9 lives might be just about to run out. Lee + to the Oilers for Omark?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum