GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
rooneypoo
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Sens vs. Rags - Nov. 9: Who wins?

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_lcap280%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_lcap220%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Alfie + an improved DaCosta should pay off.

Seems like he is slowly improving every game, should be interesting to watch him by the end of the season.

Still can't believe Murray compared him to Oates... Vertigo

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Seems like he is slowly improving every game, should be interesting to watch him by the end of the season.

Jason York was comparing him to Wayne Gretzky the previous night. Sort of true except Da Costa is French and Gretz is American.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Raise your hand if you thought he'd be in Bingo by end of training camp ? Laughing3 He certainly deserves praise, he's far better than I thought he was, all he needs is time.

The best part is we got him for free.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I didn't think Da Costa would look this good, this early. He's also finding some consistancy which I thought he needed time in the AHL for.

Not shocked at his skill level or his ability to play the game, shocked he is doing it basically every night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I didn't think Da Costa would look this good, this early. He's also finding some consistancy which I thought he needed time in the AHL for.

Not shocked at his skill level or his ability to play the game, shocked he is doing it basically every night.

He still could have used the time but it didn't work out that way. If anything, his progress might have been slowed because of the Zibanejad audition. His first real chance came with the Regin injury and he's not letting us down so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Still can't believe Murray compared him to Oates... Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 49849

Jason York was comparing him to Wayne Gretzky the previous night. Sort of true except Da Costa is French and Gretz is American.

Damn Gretz gets $5 footlongs and other cheap items in US and A

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Raise your hand if you thought he'd be in Bingo by end of training camp ? Laughing3 He certainly deserves praise, he's far better than I thought he was, all he needs is time.

The best part is we got him for free.

I don't think it was that much of a stretch to think he should have been in the AHL from the beginning, but Mac's obviously done well with him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 11 128766911107109671

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I don't think it was that much of a stretch to think he should have been in the AHL from the beginning, but Mac's obviously done well with him.

Well that's what I was referring to, every pre-season lineup I ever saw had him in Bingo and yet here he is. I didn't think he'd be ready but he trained hard all summer in Ottawa.

I think he'll still go down when Regin returns, barring injuries.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Well that's what I was referring to, every pre-season lineup I ever saw had him in Bingo and yet here he is. I didn't think he'd be ready but he trained hard all summer in Ottawa.

Nope they already told him to get a house in Ottawa

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Peggy wrote:
Nope they already told him to get a house in Ottawa

Did they really ? I only heard about Cowen.

I guess they have some decisions to make.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

At this point I have to wonder if he will. Maybe I guess, but we're getting into that territory where Murray has to listen to MacLean and Mac will probably vote against sending him back.

Not sure who can sit in his place, you hate to keep sitting Konopka, but maybe that'll be the one.

Something like:

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Regin - Alfredsson
Z.Smith - Da Costa - Condra
Daugavins - Winchester - who am I missing? Butler and Konopka I think...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One guy who I really want the Sens to trade for is Erik Cole. He's a really good power forward and I think Murray would be wise to trade for Erik Cole.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All hail SF56.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:All hail SF56.

Exactly what I was thinking ... Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

At this point I have to wonder if he will. Maybe I guess, but we're getting into that territory where Murray has to listen to MacLean and Mac will probably vote against sending him back.

Not sure who can sit in his place, you hate to keep sitting Konopka, but maybe that'll be the one.

Something like:

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Regin - Alfredsson
Z.Smith - Da Costa - Condra
Daugavins - Winchester - who am I missing? Butler and Konopka I think...

Missing *gasp!* Neil. Smile

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I thought Neil was pretty quiet last night actually.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If MacLean stays consistent we'll probably see DaCosta on the 1st PP unit soon. The PP has been horrendous the last 4 games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum