GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
rooneypoo
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Sens vs. Rags - Nov. 9: Who wins?

Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap280%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap220%Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I don't think it was that much of a stretch to think he should have been in the AHL from the beginning, but Mac's obviously done well with him.

Well that's what I was referring to, every pre-season lineup I ever saw had him in Bingo and yet here he is. I didn't think he'd be ready but he trained hard all summer in Ottawa.

I think he'll still go down when Regin returns, barring injuries.

At this point I have to wonder if he will. Maybe I guess, but we're getting into that territory where Murray has to listen to MacLean and Mac will probably vote against sending him back.

Not sure who can sit in his place, you hate to keep sitting Konopka, but maybe that'll be the one.

Something like:

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Regin - Alfredsson
Z.Smith - Da Costa - Condra
Daugavins - Winchester - who am I missing? Butler and Konopka I think...

Missing *gasp!* Neil. Smile

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I thought Neil was pretty quiet last night actually.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

If MacLean stays consistent we'll probably see DaCosta on the 1st PP unit soon. The PP has been horrendous the last 4 games.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I don't think it was that much of a stretch to think he should have been in the AHL from the beginning, but Mac's obviously done well with him.

Well that's what I was referring to, every pre-season lineup I ever saw had him in Bingo and yet here he is. I didn't think he'd be ready but he trained hard all summer in Ottawa.

At this point I have to wonder if he will. Maybe I guess, but we're getting into that territory where Murray has to listen to MacLean and Mac will probably vote against sending him back.

Not sure who can sit in his place, you hate to keep sitting Konopka, but maybe that'll be the one.

Something like:

Missing *gasp!* Neil. Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 54934

Neil is hurt right now

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:I thought Neil was pretty quiet last night actually.

I agree. Smith & Daugavins, however, are playing well. Take ice time away from floaters & give it to them.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

La Femme wrote:If MacLean stays consistent we'll probably see DaCosta on the 1st PP unit soon. The PP has been horrendous the last 4 games.

I think they'll see if that changes with The Alfie's return first.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Peggy wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Something like:

Missing *gasp!* Neil. Game Day - Rangers @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Wednesday, Movember 9, 2011 - Page 12 54934

Neil is hurt right now

I know. So is Regin. Spezza was penciling in his line-up for down the line, when everyone is healthy. And he's missing Chris "=WIN" Neil from his line-up, is all I'm saying. Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neil could miss the whole season and still lead the team and league in WIN.

Fact.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Neil could miss the whole season and still lead the team and league in WIN.

Fact.
My Chris Neil jersey agrees with this.

Also fact.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Hagman/Regin-Da Costa- Alfredsson
Foligno-Smith-Neil
Winchester/Hagman/Daugavins-Konopka/Winchester-Condra

That's not bad at all. Of course this is dependent on claiming Hagman. There's some work to be done juggling players around, but at worse, Hagman is scratched/waived if he doesn't work out but he provides NHL depth.

At best, he becomes a tradable asset in February.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Something like:

Holy Dung, how could I forget Neil. Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Something like:

Holy Dung, how could I forget Neil. Facepalm
Dude...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Peggy wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Nope they already told him to get a house in Ottawa

Really? Where did you hear that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Really? Where did you hear that?

From last Friday's Sun:

Stephane Da Costa, Jared Cowen and David Rundblad are checking out.
Of the hotel they’ve called home in Ottawa the last two-plus months,
that is. The three young players were given the go-ahead by GM Bryan
Murray to find places in the nation’s capital. “Means that if we send
them down we have to cover their rent or mortgage,” said Murray.

“We’ve provided an opportunity for them to be considered regular players.

“It’s still up to them every day, like every player who can get
traded or sent down. But right now, they should be a little relieved.
They can move out of the hotel, get a place and get their lives under
way. My belief in young players is they shouldn’t get worse. They’re all
contributing to this hockey team and I think they’re going to be better
in January than they are right now. That’s sort of what I’m telling
them.” Da Costa, who had a solid game that included a hit post with four
minutes left, was pleased with the news. “There’s nothing to do
(living) in the hotel,” he said. “When I’m by myself and without a car,
there’s nothing to do.” So when are you getting your licence? “Never,”
he said. “No, I’m kidding. I want to, but it takes a year in this
country.” Anybody have a scooter for sale? ... Getting four wisdom teeth
pulled back in Bingo was no big deal for Kaspars Daugavins. “I didn’t
have any pain or swelling,” said the Senators winger. “The recovery was
actually pretty quick. I was skating the next day. I’m feeling good.”
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/04/stellar-anderson-cant-save-sens

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Peggy wrote:“Means that if we send
them down we have to cover their rent or mortgage,” said Murray.

Man, what a sweet life.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Missed that article somehow, that's great!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The kids are alright...

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Did they really ? I only heard about Cowen.

I guess they have some decisions to make.

They told, Da Costa, Cowen & Rundblad they were staying.

Also the issues with the PP the past several games probably has a lot to do with Alfie being out.

I can see the Spezza hate is still out there. Sure he tries to do too much out there.. and has the occasional giveaways... but right now is he 8th in the league in faceoff percentage... which is something this team needs right now.. is centres good on the faceoffs. Zack Smith is 25th... though, of course, doesn't have the same # of faceoffs.

Spezza is what he is... that play on Michalek's goal was great....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum