GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Philadelphia @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 18, 2011

+15
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Hobiesens
tim1_2
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
NEELY
Flo The Action
wprager
SensGirl11
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:HockeyScanner Wayne Scanlan
Sens coach Paul MacLean calls Sergei Gonchar's bruised ankle a "pain tolerance" issue. Translation: suck it up and play.

Nah that's okay, he can sit out as long as he wants. He's only hurting himself - mind you I don't know if it's even possible for him to devalue himself anymore than he already has. Refer to: Redden, Wade.

Yeah...I'm afraid I agree. Sit out if you wish...gives more room for Rundblad to grow in the NHL and maybe slides Lee back in. Problem is, we want his value to go up because we want to get rid of the guy. Damn Catch-22.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:
Sens coach Paul MacLean calls Sergei Gonchar's bruised ankle a "pain tolerance" issue. Translation: suck it up and play.

Nah that's okay, he can sit out as long as he wants. He's only hurting himself - mind you I don't know if it's even possible for him to devalue himself anymore than he already has. Refer to: Redden, Wade.

Yeah...I'm afraid I agree. Sit out if you wish...gives more room for Rundblad to grow in the NHL and maybe slides Lee back in. Problem is, we want his value to go up because we want to get rid of the guy. Damn Catch-22.

And the Sens were playing better without him, whether that was a fluke...not sure, it didn't seem to be. Rundblad was a whole new man on Saturday, the kid is making it tougher now for sure.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I'm afraid we are stuck with him regardless. Don't think anyone will take 35+, $5.5M player for another year, at least not a contender, and in that case, why would a non-contending team want him? Not to reach the floor since there are other ways to do that.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I think it's his feelings that are hurt more than his foot. BagoverHead

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
And the Sens were playing better without him, whether that was a fluke...not sure, it didn't seem to be. Rundblad was a whole new man on Saturday, the kid is making it tougher now for sure.

I'll take my chances with Rundblad or Lee going forward instead of Gonchar, but we're never gonna be able to move him, so Diddle it. :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"hope opener"? Yep, that it was.

Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Good work Dash! Kermit

Especially like the color-coded team names.

Now, when you go back to fix "hope opener" (unless you actually meant that as a pun) can you finish that sentence about when they last met?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, did he just call him out? Or is that like when he said Winchester had a "boo-boo".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Wow, did he just call him out? Or is that like when he said Winchester had a "boo-boo".

I believe he did. Bad, bad news here. Hopefully a contender is interested in Gonch - or even a team like the BJ's who need something. I maintain that a trade for Huselius would be just fine and dandy for us - even if he's on the IR until January - if it means shedding Gonchar's salary and opening a roster spot for Rundblad.

Or...we could just let it work itself out and hope to Dung Gonchar feeds Karlsson a ton of pucks so Karlsson can get him some point, then trade him at the deadline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Things I think we all want to see:

- Da Costa to get into a groove and hopefully put up a couple of points in support.

- Z-Bad have a huge effort and hit some of these little Flyers around a bit

- One of two things: either Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson together from the get-go, or shifting Z-Bad down to 3rd line C and getting Regin in there with Spez

- Rundblad to continue his great play (that's right - great)

- Karlsson to continue his solid play at both ends (although a 4 point night would be cool too)

- Cowen to continue his solid play - NOTE: I'd love to see him get more involved in the offense, but he's clearly trying to get comfortable right now. Pre-season Cowen was much more relaxed, he needs to realize that it's all part of the learning curve and to relax

- Kuba to continue playing well - been relatively impressed

- He's big...he's bald...

Go Sens.

You forgot to add:

- Auld, going post-to-post, or at least trying to, when the winger carries the puck behind the net with that silly "I'm going to try for a wraparound" grin on his face.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I believe he did. Bad, bad news here. Hopefully a contender is interested in Gonch - or even a team like the BJ's who need something. I maintain that a trade for Huselius would be just fine and dandy for us - even if he's on the IR until January - if it means shedding Gonchar's salary and opening a roster spot for Rundblad.

Or...we could just let it work itself out and hope to Dung Gonchar feeds Karlsson a ton of pucks so Karlsson can get him some point, then trade him at the deadline.
ah C'mon guys. stop reading too much into this. pain tolerance simply is a referance to the fact that nothing is broken but it's really sore. I doubt MacLean starts calling individual players out like that.

if anything maybe Gonchar has a double injurythe foot and also a bruised ego Sarcasm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

yeah I don't get the big deal. PMac isn't the one who said 'suck it up and play', that was the tweeter. Maclean just said pain tolerance and honestly isn't that one of the biggest issues when playing with an injury? The bruise might still be too tender to play with so until the pain subsides, best to rest it. What's wrong with that?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ankle's are a lot like groins, if it doesn't feel right then sometimes you can't go. That said, as much as people don't like Gonchar you really can't say he doesn't play through pain, the proof is in his past.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I doubt Mac would say anything negative like that to an important player.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Beers. On. Ice.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:"hope opener"? Yep, that it was.

Laugh1

Well spotted. Fixed it up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Beers. On. Ice.

Ice. Will. Melt. By. Tomorrow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder