GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Philadelphia @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 18, 2011

+15
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Hobiesens
tim1_2
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
NEELY
Flo The Action
wprager
SensGirl11
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't forget he has also been hampered by injury the past couple seasons...or so goes your defense for Kuba.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Don't forget he has also been hampered by injury the past couple seasons...or so goes your defense for Kuba.

Spezza's been hampered by injuries his whole career. Difference between him and Kuba is Kuba is gone before the year is up and Spezza may or may not be the next captain in Ottawa. Huge differences.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would also say Spezza is a "leader", but I'm not going to bother arguing that point.

I think Spezza can be a part of the solution here.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I would also say Spezza is a "leader", but I'm not going to bother arguing that point.

I think Spezza can be a part of the solution here.

That's where I disagree. I don't think he's a huge problem but if and when the Sens start to win again, Spezza won't be the number 1 center and may not even be here.

I think he's in a steady decline, injuries have caught up along with a lack of quickness and speed in his game. 10 years ago he would have been on of the best because of his size and strength... now, the game is too fast for him to be the player he was/is than it was before the lockout and just after.

Either way, I think it all comes down to whether or not he is the next captain. If he isn't, I think everyone should or would be in agreement he will be gone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum