GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+26
cash
ddt
sens4win
SensGirl11
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
dennycrane
asq2
stempniaksen
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
spader
NEELY
TheAvatar
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:So Nail 2012 is NEELY Thinking . Hmmm

Is it?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:So Nail 2012 is NEELY Thinking . Hmmm

Is it?

Well he didn't deny it! Sarcasm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt he would use that user name to be honest. And I also doubt he could ever put up with the dumb arses at HF. I vote not.

Neely? Your thoughts?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm Billy Madison there... Who is Nail? That's not funny or clever and I would never support finish last place.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Remember this? I remember this game but I didn't recall the lone scorer for the underdog team;

There was Anderson being interviewed on the ice at Denver’s Pepsi Centre as April 18, 2010 gave way to April 19, 2010, minutes after his Colorado Avalanche had stolen a 1-0 win over the San Jose Sharks.

Check that. Minutes after Anderson had stolen a 1-0 victory.

The Sharks had outshot the Avalanche 51-16. The Avalanche didn’t even score themselves. The winning goal came 51 seconds into overtime, when Sharks defenceman Dan Boyle accidentally flipped the puck past his own goaltender as he attempted to clear it to safety behind his own net.

Classic.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I'm Billy Madison there... Who is Nail? That's not funny or clever and I would never support finish last place.
:KKK: Thank you. Personally, I can't understand that position. That is, I understand that the reward is huge, but I just can't cheer for my team to lose. I don't care if the next coming of Gretzky is in the draft class, I can't cheer for a loss.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If not already mentioned:

Brendan Bell made the Rangers.

Emery is close to signing a contract with the Blackhawks.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:If not already mentioned:

Can't help but really feel sorry for Redden now.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Have to wonder about Rangers defence in that case. I mean, when Bell was in Ottawa, he was hardly a top 6 defenceman, so when a playoff contending team is using him in the top 6, what does that say?

They have a lot of money tied up in their forwards, and really outside of Girardi and Staal, their defence is seemingly weak on paper.

The Rangers have ~12 million spent on 8 defeneman. Washington has ~21, Philly ~23, Buffalo ~16, Toronto ~22, Chicago ~21, San Jose ~19, Boston ~ 18, Ottawa ~ 18.....

Just a few for comparison.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:If not already mentioned:

Can't help but really feel sorry for Redden now.

I'll help:

$6.5M, hot wife.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gord Miller made some good points on twitter:

Not pointing fingers, but history shows that the vast majority of teams keeping 18 year olds in the lineup are making an enormous mistake.

For every Crosby who thrives, there are many who don't. No one's development was damaged by spending too much time in jr, college or AHL

And the players who get sent back after nine games are in a no-win situation. Do well and it's expected because they were in the NHL.

And for those who struggle, there are constant questions about what's wrong and confidence can be shattered. Good teams don't rush players.

Just to be clear, not saying that NO 18 year olds should play in the NHL. Pointing out that for the vast majority, it was a mistake.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That trend is starting to fade. Rookie of the year last year was the 7th overall pick and was an all-star. Does't have to be Crosby.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hawks sign Emery:

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=590925

1-way deal, $600K.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Redwings sign Brunnstrom. Watch him score 30.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ They claimed him off waivers, right?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know. I thought he was with Toronto (AHL) last year?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I don't know. I thought he was with Toronto (AHL) last year?

Yeah, I think you're right.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:I don't know. I thought he was with Toronto (AHL) last year?

Yeah, I think you're right.

TOR = the place where once good players go to Dung themselves.

DET = the place where once crappy / fringe players go to be reborn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum