GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+26
cash
ddt
sens4win
SensGirl11
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
dennycrane
asq2
stempniaksen
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
spader
NEELY
TheAvatar
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Enough with the suspension talk for the love of Alfie.

Shrug

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flyers are looking good this season...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:ok, I have a rough time wrapping my head around this one.
per TSN:
The Philadelphia Flyers have traded forward Stefan Legein and a sixth round pick in 2012 to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for future considerations
The Philadelphia Flyers have traded forward Stefan Legein and a sixth round pick in 2012 to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for future considerations

how do you trade a player AND a pick for future considerations? how does that work.

I literally had to go do a Google search on Legein because I thought he was still with CBJ. Laugh1

Remember, too, that Legein is the guy who announced his retirement from hockey, mysteriously, and then came back. That probably did some damage to his professional rep.

Anyway, on the trade: might be a case of PHI having to shed a contract to get the organization back under 50. I'm guessing this is a consequence of the Betts debacle, with Betts's forced return to the organization forcing PHI to shed a contract elsewhere. Literally just a guess, tho', as I sit here getting ready for my 6pm lecture.

Correct as I understand it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blue Jackets are 0-3-1 to start the season... not good for them...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Columbus looks bad...Flyers look okay but need to tighten up..

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston is not much better at 1-3-0. 7 goals for in 4 games. Yikes!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stars get Nystrom from the Wild in a trade for future considerations. If you recall, Nystrom was placed on re-entry waivers so they could have had him for half the salary, but they needed the full salary to get to the cap floor.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Can't be a great feeling that a team acquires you just to hit the cap floor.

He's already got the guilt of breaking that guy's leg on the icing play, feel bad for the guy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Skoggy got his first goal last night for the Avs.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So I get to see Landeskog vs. Zibanejad tonight :D Hope I also get to see Filatov.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Don't think we'll see Filatov for a while.

He lost a top-6 LW spot to Greening and I think Butler will get a shot before Filatov will.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Don't think we'll see Filatov for a while.

He lost a top-6 LW spot to Greening and I think Butler will get a shot before Filatov will.

They sure have him on a short leash. Not sure that I agree with that one; how's he gonna be better if he doesn't play? I thought his effort level wasn't bad but that he wasn't connecting the dots.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:

They sure have him on a short leash. Not sure that I agree with that one; how's he gonna be better if he doesn't play? I thought his effort level wasn't bad but that he wasn't connecting the dots.

Agreed. The one negative thing was getting barked at by MacLean in practice when he and Butler were not paying attention. Other than that, I think he's played as well as a few others (Smith, Foligno) and better than some (Butler). So Butler gets singled out by MacLean regarding working hard in practice. Not sure if that was a carrot for Bobby or a stick for Filatov. We don't know how MacLean operates yet. My gut tells me that he'll give all of the young 'uns a few games in, then a couple of games off. Nobody has had a chance to be properly evaluated yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good call.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crosby wearing the same coloured helmet as his teammates in practice this morning. Apparently, speculation is that he has been cleared for contact.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why oh why did I pick Kopitar over Crosby in my box pool.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Why oh why did I pick Kopitar over Crosby in my box pool.

Took Crosby in all of mine.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Blue Jackets are 0-3-1 to start the season... not good for them...

worst start in franchise history....which made me LOL considering how terrible they've been Laugh1 Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum