GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+26
cash
ddt
sens4win
SensGirl11
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
dennycrane
asq2
stempniaksen
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
spader
NEELY
TheAvatar
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Money would have to be coming back so you would be looking at Brassard as well. You would probably be looking at something like Spezza/Weircoich for Johanssen, Brassard, Heslius. I'm not too convinced they would think Spezza is a huge upgrade over Brassard though.

Either way, just thinking out loud, not suggesting anything at this point.

I'm not sure how I feel about that - although the value's there for sure. Switch Huselius for the BJs 1st rounder and add in Kuba from our side - and perhaps we have something to work with.

Not that I want to trade Spezza, but if we're gonna get an offer for a top 5 prospect in the world + a young C + a top pick, you can't turn it down right now IMO.

How is Spezza worth that much, plus Columbus is close to the cap. You need money coming back.

Then forget Brassard and take their 1st and Huselius and Johansson for Spezza, Wiercioch, piece.

At this time, you want their first in this hypothetical - and you don't do it without it IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Money would have to be coming back so you would be looking at Brassard as well. You would probably be looking at something like Spezza/Weircoich for Johanssen, Brassard, Heslius. I'm not too convinced they would think Spezza is a huge upgrade over Brassard though.

Either way, just thinking out loud, not suggesting anything at this point.

I'm not sure how I feel about that - although the value's there for sure. Switch Huselius for the BJs 1st rounder and add in Kuba from our side - and perhaps we have something to work with.

Not that I want to trade Spezza, but if we're gonna get an offer for a top 5 prospect in the world + a young C + a top pick, you can't turn it down right now IMO.

How is Spezza worth that much, plus Columbus is close to the cap. You need money coming back.

Then forget Brassard and take their 1st and Huselius and Johansson for Spezza, Wiercioch, piece.

At this time, you want their first in this hypothetical - and you don't do it without it IMO.

Columbus knows they may be drafting in the top 5 too you know. They also gave up their 1st from last year. That pick is about the same as Ottawa's at this point. Untouchable.

Either way, I'm more trying to start a discussion about the Sens season playing out... you obviously have to see but if it continues as is, then what?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Columbus knows they may be drafting in the top 5 too you know. They also gave up their 1st from last year. That pick is about the same as Ottawa's at this point. Untouchable.

Either way, I'm more trying to start a discussion about the Sens season playing out... you obviously have to see but if it continues as is, then what?

They traded an 8th overall last year for a lesser player.I agree it's overpayment, but the Sens have time to move Spezza if they wish, and it'll take a beauty of an offer.

I don't know what's gonna happen right now if we continue like this. Also would expect Anderson to play better soon.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

They traded an 8th overall last year for a lesser player.I agree it's overpayment, but the Sens have time to move Spezza if they wish, and it'll take a beauty of an offer.
I don't know what's gonna happen right now if we continue like this. Also would expect Anderson to play better soon.

Probably not, it will be something for the future, a replacement, and a salary dump.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Probably not, it will be something for the future, a replacement, and a salary dump.

Depending on that offer, I'd be inclined to wait it out and see what he can bring when we have some talent in the lineup.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You realize at some point the Sens are going to have to cut bait and go in a new direction, right? Whether or not people want to believe it, Spezza has also probably peaked. Also, not a lot of teams willing to deal with a 7 mil contract for 3 more season's after this that looks to be on a steady decline.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps, but I can't see his value dropping too much. And there's no hurry monetarily or cap space why.

Not sure what the future holds for Spezza here in Ottawa. Too early in the season to cast judgement on his career here, but no one's too impressed I'm sure.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:You realize at some point the Sens are going to have to cut bait and go in a new direction, right? Whether or not people want to believe it, Spezza has also probably peaked. Also, not a lot of teams willing to deal with a 7 mil contract for 3 more season's after this that looks to be on a steady decline.

Those years average out to about 5.5m so a budget team might take that chance. If no one wants to pay up, I don't see how that move is worth it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty much.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Like it or not, Spezza is a legit #1 centre. We need a #1 centre, and if he is going out, we need someone that can fill that hole coming back. How that's addressed (in a trade, or via FA in the off-season) is not important.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Like it or not, Spezza is a legit #1 centre. We need a #1 centre, and if he is going out, we need someone that can fill that hole coming back. How that's addressed (in a trade, or via FA in the off-season) is not important.

Sens tidbits.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No we need Spezza. Not going to have a player like that for a long time if we lose him. He's still young, and is going to be our leader for a few years to come. If anyone should be traded it is Alfredsson (to get him a shot at wining, should he and the team mutually agree).

Also need Spezza's salary to stay cap compliant.

Also need someone to feed Yakupov passes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:No we need Spezza. Not going to have a player like that for a long time if we lose him. He's still young, and is going to be our leader for a few years to come. If anyone should be traded it is Alfredsson (to get him a shot at wining, should he and the team mutually agree).

Also need Spezza's salary to stay cap compliant.

Also need someone to feed Yakupov passes.

Might want to start feeding those passes to 11-14 other guys on his team right now.

As for not having a player like that for a long time... what kind of player is that? Also, you keep saying he is a leader, where is the proof of that? I have yet to see anything for any extended period of time that says he is going to lead the Sens. On ice he is inconsistant, off ice he still comes off as immature at times, he doesn't play through pain and if he does, he doesn't play well.

Karlsson is the guy leading this team right now.

Trading Spezza would not change the direction of the Sens nor the final outcome of the rebuild in the least... if it does, it's minimal to say the least.

You always pump Spezza's tires like he's the best player on the teams. Spezza has never been the best player in Ottawa in his entire career. His body is breaking down, he's slow out there, and he's being out skated and out worked pretty much every shift thus far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol if you trade Spezza who's gonna play centre? think about tit

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:lol if you trade Spezza who's gonna play centre? think about tit

Shawn Horcoff? Sarcasm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anyone can be a center on a deadlast team. What's Spezza done in the last 3 or 4 years that you could possibly find in the UFA market at some point. Hell, give Regin his time and he would be just as effective at this point, at least he can play 200 feet.

You know, I'm actually just sick of sugar coating crap, Spezza can't be a number 1 center in the NHL, at least not on a good to decent team. There are literally 20 other guys teams would want over him, maybe more and that's not even taking into consideration his salary.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Shawn Horcoff? Sarcasm

About on the same level.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Anyone can be a center on a deadlast team. What's Spezza done in the last 3 or 4 years that you could possibly find in the UFA market at some point. Hell, give Regin his time and he would be just as effective at this point, at least he can play 200 feet.

You know, I'm actually just sick of sugar coating crap, Spezza can't be a number 1 center in the NHL, at least not on a good to decent team. There are literally 20 other guys teams would want over him, maybe more and that's not even taking into consideration his salary.

I think he'll make the optimum 2nd line C - like Stastny in Colorado. Just find someone to play top line C and he'll support perfectly. I assume that's what Murray has in mind - although in his mind it's probably Z-Bad as the 2nd line C. In MacLean's mind it could easily be switched.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum