GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+26
cash
ddt
sens4win
SensGirl11
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
dennycrane
asq2
stempniaksen
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
spader
NEELY
TheAvatar
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Who is that "afro thunder" guy on HF? Is he actually and challenged as he soundS?

Read a few of his posts, sounds fine to me. Which thread are you talking about?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

3.25 X 3 for Peverly in Boston.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

6,306 fans attended last night's game in Dallas Facepalm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:6,306 fans attended last night's game in Dallas Facepalm

That's a pretty good hockey town too. I guess their ownership issues aren't sorted out yet?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's a pretty good hockey town too. I guess their ownership issues aren't sorted out yet?

This statement needs a bit of context. The Texas Rangers were playing in an ALCS game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

This statement needs a bit of context. The Texas Rangers were playing in an ALCS game.

That certainly explains it. I forgot about baseball.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Damn that is awesome!

If you are with Rogers (or any provider with d/l caps) this cold be a very expensive proposition. My kid records and watches about 3 hours of hockey/sports content per day, and that's in the off-season. Add another 7 hours per week for a couple of Sens games and you're talking about 28 hours per week. I think that will blow my 60 GB download cap in 2-3 weeks.

Assuming that 2 hours = 700Mbs (average movie file), 28 hours would = about 9 or 10 Gigs. You'd be fine.

If it's not HD I don't want it.

I guess, but if I have the choice between paying 40.00 for seeing all the games (or the very lease the highlights using the awesome highlight feature on the PS3) or 400.00 to have HD access to the same games, yet I have to PVR all of them and then search through for highlights. This way for certain games I can see highlights (which amounts to about 50 MB max per game) and I don't have to PVR I can watch any game from any season in the last 10 years.

Done and done...HD can't touch that kind of access. Then again, it's about being a hockey fan not the quality of the broadcast. For that I watch regular cable for my viewing pleasure.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My only option right now is streamling most games from dubious sources on the "internet". That and rabbit ears for CBC games. I'm really impressed with the picture quality I get over the air.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No suspension for Methot. Seems a tad strange, given the hit.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He let up IMO. Good non suspension.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

McGrattan claimed off waivers by Nashville (from Anaheim).

Krejci hurt in practice (leg) and didn't accompany team to Carolina. Not known if he'll rejoin the team in Chicago.

Coloiacovo on IR with "upper body".

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Taylor Chorney (EDM) was also claimed off of waivers by St. Louis, and Eric Nystrom (MIN) is on re-entry waivers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ok, I have a rough time wrapping my head around this one.
per TSN:
The Philadelphia Flyers have traded forward Stefan Legein and a sixth round pick in 2012 to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for future considerations
The Philadelphia Flyers have traded forward Stefan Legein and a sixth round pick in 2012 to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for future considerations

how do you trade a player AND a pick for future considerations? how does that work.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:ok, I have a rough time wrapping my head around this one.
per TSN:

how do you trade a player AND a pick for future considerations? how does that work.

I literally had to go do a Google search on Legein because I thought he was still with CBJ. Laugh1

Remember, too, that Legein is the guy who announced his retirement from hockey, mysteriously, and then came back. That probably did some damage to his professional rep.

Anyway, on the trade: might be a case of PHI having to shed a contract to get the organization back under 50. I'm guessing this is a consequence of the Betts debacle, with Betts's forced return to the organization forcing PHI to shed a contract elsewhere. Literally just a guess, tho', as I sit here getting ready for my 6pm lecture.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Enough with the suspension talk for the love of Alfie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Enough with the suspension talk for the love of Alfie.

Shrug

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flyers are looking good this season...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:ok, I have a rough time wrapping my head around this one.
per TSN:

I literally had to go do a Google search on Legein because I thought he was still with CBJ. Laugh1

Remember, too, that Legein is the guy who announced his retirement from hockey, mysteriously, and then came back. That probably did some damage to his professional rep.

Anyway, on the trade: might be a case of PHI having to shed a contract to get the organization back under 50. I'm guessing this is a consequence of the Betts debacle, with Betts's forced return to the organization forcing PHI to shed a contract elsewhere. Literally just a guess, tho', as I sit here getting ready for my 6pm lecture.

Correct as I understand it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum