GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+26
cash
ddt
sens4win
SensGirl11
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
dennycrane
asq2
stempniaksen
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
spader
NEELY
TheAvatar
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Equipment should be tonned down. It was never ment to be a weapon on ice and that's exactly what it is now. Don Cherry while very outspoken is right on a lot of things... always worried about the players.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:BTW, they think there won't be a suspension for Nystrom.
He was reaching for the puck and his stick got caught up on Fedun's skates. He didn't push him into the boards or hit him from behind. There was no intent to do any harm. It's hard to suspend on that type of play based on the current rule set.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
He was reaching for the puck and his stick got caught up on Fedun's skates. He didn't push him into the boards or hit him from behind. There was no intent to do any harm. It's hard to suspend on that type of play based on the current rule set.

There is intent and there is recklessness. Was he behind when he reached around? You do that at full speed and you risk a fall. It's that simple.

Another solution is to get rid of the idiotic trapezoid. I wish someone would run some stats on frequency of injuries from icing races before and since that rule was introduced.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

There is intent and there is recklessness. Was he behind when he reached around? You do that at full speed and you risk a fall. It's that simple.

Another solution is to get rid of the idiotic trapezoid. I wish someone would run some stats on frequency of injuries from icing races before and since that rule was introduced.
I'll give you reckless. It's a legitimate play though to reach around if you can to negate the icing, that's the whole problem with this situation and this type of play.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm thinking this Nail2012 over at HFBoards is rooneypoo or NEELY. Am I wrong? Sarcasm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I'm thinking this Nail2012 over at HFBoards is rooneypoo or NEELY. Am I wrong? Sarcasm

I passed by today, went to the Rundblad thread, read 2-3 lines of his posts, N4L was the 1st that came to mind Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't think so. He's way too quick to agree.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and I thought it was rooney because he's berating other users for suggesting guys play their off-side on defence Sarcasm

Neely because of his huge post count in one month Sarcasm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Definitely not me. I barely have time to check out this site Sept - April, never mind post elsewhere.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Definitely not me. I barely have time to check out this site Sept - April, never mind post elsewhere.

Yeah I didn't think so. The guy had very good writing though and used some of your techniques. Eerie.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Scheifele signs ELC with Jets:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377300

I guess he'll get his 9 games.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Good for him. That's looking like a really impressive pick for The Jets. They went off the board and they seemed to be bang on. Philly would have been smart to pass up on Couturier as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Good for him. That's looking like a really impressive pick for The Jets. They went off the board and they seemed to be bang on. Philly would have been smart to pass up on Couturier as well.

I hear he did well for them in pre-season and might make the team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see if he does or not, but my point was there are zero doubts the 2 guys before him make it. I would take Hamilton over Couturier each and every time as well, especially in Philly's case.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Nail 2012 is NEELY Thinking . Hmmm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:So Nail 2012 is NEELY Thinking . Hmmm

Is it?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:So Nail 2012 is NEELY Thinking . Hmmm

Is it?

Well he didn't deny it! Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt he would use that user name to be honest. And I also doubt he could ever put up with the dumb arses at HF. I vote not.

Neely? Your thoughts?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum