GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A place to vent

+21
DirtyDave
Cap'n Clutch
spader
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Da lil Guy
SeawaySensFan
Ev
wprager
Riprock
tim1_2
PTFlea
22_4_ever
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 19]

226A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:18 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Honestly I don't mind Simpson at all. Guy has been around hockey at all levels for 25 years and he might be a bit of a douche he is still pretty well spoken, knows the game, funny (at times), little perverted, and he can tell a story. People just b*tch for the sake of it over at HF when really none of them have any idea wtf they are talking about.

227A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People do Wing Dang Doodle but he is a moron and rude. His resume (poor) doesn't make his arrogance justifiable, and he doesn't interview people well. Constantly interrupts and asks them comments, not questions.

He is also a hypocrite and flip-flopper. Said on the radio that PK Subban's celebration was embarrassing, then said on OTR that he had no problem with it. Said Mike Smith was a hell of a goalie and deserved to make Team Canada, now this week he says he's garbage.

228A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:38 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Sure, you did.  You forget Arnold's?  

A place to vent - Page 16 Arnold10

They were so *fast* the waitresses had to wear rollerskates.

Big Al only cooked fresh.

I'm talking about Arnold, not Big Al.  Back when they had a *real* 50s song as the theme.

I think Arnold was Mr. Myagi's dad. He's the spittin' image.

229A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:People do Wing Dang Doodle but he is a moron and rude. His resume (poor) doesn't make his arrogance justifiable, and he doesn't interview people well. Constantly interrupts and asks them comments, not questions.

He is also a hypocrite and flip-flopper. Said on the radio that PK Subban's celebration was embarrassing, then said on OTR that he had no problem with it. Said Mike Smith was a hell of a goalie and deserved to make Team Canada, now this week he says he's garbage.

"I remember when I was with (Washington or Leafs), (insert bad trade or decision here), now we get together and have some pops and all is good and, asIsay, Ryan just can't skate, that's not to take anyway from the player, but the fitness and the skill just aren't there." -The Hockey Simmer

230A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:People do Wing Dang Doodle but he is a moron and rude. His resume (poor) doesn't make his arrogance justifiable, and he doesn't interview people well. Constantly interrupts and asks them comments, not questions.

"I remember when I was with (Washington or Leafs), (insert bad trade or decision here), now we get together and have some pops and all is good and, asIsay, Ryan just can't skate, that's not to take anyway from the player, but the fitness and the skill just aren't there." -The Hockey Simmer

That's fairly accurate, but you didn't insert the phrase "as far as (insert situation)" which is pretty much his favourite.

231A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:10 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol asIsay

and "no doubt about it"

232A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wait a minute

is NEELY Shawn Simpson?

Wasn't he an ex-goalie?

Mind blown

233A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:12 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

"My good buddy joel quinnville"

234A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:Honestly I don't mind Simpson at all.  Guy has been around hockey at all levels for 25 years and he might be a bit of a douche he is still pretty well spoken, knows the game, funny (at times), little perverted, and he can tell a story.  People just b*tch for the sake of it over at HF when really none of them have any idea wtf they are talking about.

Agreed.

While this is a rant forum id like to say ppl who claim things or make assumptions drives me nuts. "He's great in the room" "his teammates love him". PM does this all the time. Simpson doesn't and this is why appreciate his comments.

Simpson often offers multiple possibilities in a situation or both sides. I also appreciate this.

235A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Wait a minute

is NEELY Shawn Simpson?

Wasn't he an ex-goalie?

Mind blown

Where's the "mind blown gif" when you need it?!?!?

236A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

is NEELY Shawn Simpson?

Wasn't he an ex-goalie?

Mind blown

Shawn Simpson is CockRoche. Case closed.

237A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely, Ev, Shawn Simpson and Pierre McGuire are all the same person.

Truth.

238A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time for a Pinot at the Wood

239A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, that looks like a Simpson quote. He's good for radio, because he turns what would be a three second sentence into a two minute round-about brain baffler.

If he and Pierre ever got into it, whoa, fillibuster time. This morning Pierre said "I only missed one game, ever, in my career. And that was the day that of my sister's wedding, the day mys sister got married to my brother-in -law." He went on a little, re-repeating things, but the part that really stuck out, for me, was the " ...to my brother-in-law".

Now, if Simmer was there, he probably would have interrupted and asked, "Brother-in-law? Were they getting re-married or did you mean soon-to-be-brother-in-law?" And that would have sparked a whole other side story.

These two guys don't know the meaning of dead air. They probably think it's something others in the room with them are suffering from.

240A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Neely, Ev, Shawn Simpson and Pierre McGuire are all the same person.

Truth.

CONFIRMED!!!! :

Ev wrote:Time for a Pinot at the Wood

241A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Time for a Pinot at the Wood

I just blew Sid

242A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

is NEELY Shawn Simpson?

Wasn't he an ex-goalie?

Mind blown

Naw man, I played D. Little bro was a goalie and that's how I learned by him being taught and me being on the ice. I couldn't play goal if my life was on the line.

243A place to vent - Page 16 Empty Re: A place to vent Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

is NEELY Shawn Simpson?

Wasn't he an ex-goalie?

Mind blown

Naw man, I played D.  Little bro was a goalie and that's how I learned by him being taught and me being on the ice.  I couldn't play goal if my life was on the line.

Much like The Hockey Simmer... CONFIRMED!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum