GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

need help identifying this place...

+3
Snuh
TheAvatar
Cronie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need help identifying this place... Empty need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:41 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is to all you Ottawa dwellers.

Does anyone know the name of a bar in Little Italy that was once a church that's been converted, complete with stained glass and church pews, and the menus are Bibles, and one of their trademarks is having every single beer in the world?
Does anyone recall the name of this place and/or if they have a website?

2need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:54 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hmmm .... I don't know what that is (never heard of it) but I will sure go when I find out more Smile

hmmm ... every single beer in the world.

If you don't see me here for a while, look there !!!

3need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:57 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Pub Italia?

http://www.pubitalia.ca

Last edited by Snuh on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

4need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure. My buddy thought it was called "The abbey" or something like that.

EDIT: That's the one Snuh! Thanks so much!

Man, that place looks fantastic!! God I miss home... Crying

5need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:I'm not sure. My buddy thought it was called "The abbey" or something like that.

No worries, Cronie!

There is a place called "The Abbey" but I think it's part of Pub Italia. They really do have the best beer selection in town.

6need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Snuh wrote:Pub Italia?

http://www.pubitalia.ca
Yeah, that's the one. Great place, great beer selection...

7need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:16 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Snuh wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I'm not sure. My buddy thought it was called "The abbey" or something like that.

No worries, Cronie!

There is a place called "The Abbey" but I think it's part of Pub Italia. They really do have the best beer selection in town.

Does anyone know ANYBODY who's hiring in Ottawa? I want to move back SOOO bad... Plus, my wife and Kid(s) would LOVE it there... Sad

8need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Does anyone know ANYBODY who's hiring in Ottawa? I want to move back SOOO bad... Plus, my wife and Kid(s) would LOVE it there... Sad

The Liberals are looking for a new party leader, that's about it. The hours are not bad (you get 7 weeks off for Christmas) but the working environment is a little on the noisy side, and you often have to pretend to like people that really, really piss you off in every way imaginable.

Seriously, though, what's your area?

9need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:02 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Snuh wrote:

No worries, Cronie!

My wife and I would LOVE to move back to Ottawa. We're totally sick of living in Toronto. Given the current state of things I suppose the government isn't hiring?

10need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, they are holding competitions, but so far, I haven't had much luck. Sad

I keep dreaming of getting a call from The Sens looking for a good spin doctor to shake things up in the marketing/communications section... LOL

11need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:31 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, they are holding competitions, but so far, I haven't had much luck. Sad

I keep dreaming of getting a call from The Sens looking for a good spin doctor to shake things up in the marketing/communications section... LOL

This is a town where knowing someone is better than knowing something, as you most likely know.

12need help identifying this place... Empty Re: need help identifying this place... Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh yeah, I know.
And the problem is, I've been gone for over a decade, and I was in my early to mid-teens before I left and hung out with a debaucherous bunch so chances are, most of my friends are dead or in jail!! LOL
Needless to say, my "white-collar' contact list is dwindling... LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum