GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Article on Rundblad

+10
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
rooneypoo
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:15 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I dare say, if Rundblad is up with the big club the full season he's up for the Calder. I've read somewhere the RotY favorite is Schenn, followed by Rundblad (Z-Bad is 10th) but you've got Lundqvist, Brodeur and Fleury in the Atlantic, then Thomas, Miller, Price, Chara -- lots of reasons to keep scoring down in the East. Plus I doubt the situation in Philly will be all that conducive for a rookie to come in and perform.
yes that same thought has crossed my mind(and I might have mentioned it on here) Rundblad will definitely compete for the Calder.

That's a big claim. I hope you're right.

62Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I dare say, if Rundblad is up with the big club the full season he's up for the Calder. I've read somewhere the RotY favorite is Schenn, followed by Rundblad (Z-Bad is 10th) but you've got Lundqvist, Brodeur and Fleury in the Atlantic, then Thomas, Miller, Price, Chara -- lots of reasons to keep scoring down in the East. Plus I doubt the situation in Philly will be all that conducive for a rookie to come in and perform.
yes that same thought has crossed my mind(and I might have mentioned it on here) Rundblad will definitely compete for the Calder.

at 20 he gets named best D-man in the SEL.... not that far of a reach to think he can do it. who's his competition? RHN? probably gets sent back to juniors. landskog? possibly but i don't expect him to hit the ice running(or skating for that matter) Larsson? I believe he'll need a longer adjustment then Rundblad. there's obviously more names around the league that i can't think of but to dominate the SEL and come over well... let's see what he can do.

63Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:05 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

My thinking was unencumbered by such trivialities as what other payers might be rookies this year Wink Even though we are a team in re-build mode, we are stacked on the right, so *if* Rundblad stays with the big club the whole season then he *must be* doing more than alright. And of course he's been called the best player not playing in the NHL and is #2 on the list of most likely to win the Calder.

On the other hand, it's so rare for a D-man to win RotY. Who was the last one?

64Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tyler Myers, 2 years ago Facepalm

65Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:35 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Tyler Myers, 2 years ago Facepalm
have faith... i'll just be happy if he's nominated.

66Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:My thinking was unencumbered by such trivialities as what other payers might be rookies this year Wink Even though we are a team in re-build mode, we are stacked on the right, so *if* Rundblad stays with the big club the whole season then he *must be* doing more than alright. And of course he's been called the best player not playing in the NHL and is #2 on the list of most likely to win the Calder.

What "list" are you referring to? Just some opinion piece?

He won't get enough minutes for the Calder, IMO, and it's very very rare that d-men win it.

67Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

at 20 he gets named best D-man in the SEL.... not that far of a reach to think he can do it. who's his competition? RHN? probably gets sent back to juniors. landskog? possibly but i don't expect him to hit the ice running(or skating for that matter) Larsson? I believe he'll need a longer adjustment then Rundblad. there's obviously more names around the league that i can't think of but to dominate the SEL and come over well... let's see what he can do.

Larsson has a better chance at the moment, as he would get top minutes on NJ, and he's been NHL-ready fora while.

There's also Schenn, Zac Dalpe, Landeskog, Niederreiter, Gudbranson, Stefan Elliott, Brendan Smith, Jan Mursak, Brett MacLean, Cowen, Greening, Jordan Caron, Jared Knight, etc.

Most likely will be someone you aren't expecting.

68Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Captain Hindsight wrote:
wprager wrote:My thinking was unencumbered by such trivialities as what other payers might be rookies this year Wink Even though we are a team in re-build mode, we are stacked on the right, so *if* Rundblad stays with the big club the whole season then he *must be* doing more than alright. And of course he's been called the best player not playing in the NHL and is #2 on the list of most likely to win the Calder.

What "list" are you referring to? Just some opinion piece?

He won't get enough minutes for the Calder, IMO, and it's very very rare that d-men win it.

The list he is referring to is, I believe, one compiled by Silver Sens or some Sens blogger of that sort. That's why the top 10 list contained two Sens prospects -- Zibanejad and Rundblad.

I raised an eyebrow at the list the first time I saw it, that's for sure.

69Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:43 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Captain Hindsight wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Larsson has a better chance at the moment, as he would get top minutes on NJ, and he's been NHL-ready fora while.

There's also Schenn, Zac Dalpe, Landeskog, Niederreiter, Gudbranson, Stefan Elliott, Brendan Smith, Jan Mursak, Brett MacLean, Cowen, Greening, Jordan Caron, Jared Knight, etc.

Most likely will be someone you aren't expecting.

I just read somewhere that Bernier is still Calder eligible, too.

70Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Ya, that list is a crock of Dung.

Any of the high powered forwards like Landeskog, Neiderriter, Caron, Boychuk, Dalpe, ect have a better shot than Rundblad.

Would it be great if he won, of course. But I don't even think he has the best shot of winning it on the Sens.

71Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Ya, that list is a crock of Dung.

Any of the high powered forwards like Landeskog, Neiderriter, Caron, Boychuk, Dalpe, ect have a better shot than Rundblad.

Would it be great if he won, of course. But I don't even think he has the best shot of winning it on the Sens.

Not sure about that, that's pretty subjective. If Rundblad comes in and does what he's capable of right off the bat, I think he's in the equation.

72Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:34 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

The thing about a defenceman winning the Calder is that one of two things needs to happen. One is that a guy comes in and simply dominates from beginning to end and wins without a shadow of a doubt (see: Tyler Myers) or a guy lucks out and plays steady during a weak year (see: Barrett Jackman).

I'm a big believer in Rundblad's talent, but he's not gonna be the guy to come in and dominate, his style of play dictates that he's going to have a learning curve and that it's going to be a steep one at certain points.

Even if he doesn't have the learning curve that I expect he's still in tough with a pretty decent forwards corps coming in this year who can steal the spotlight away from a young talented defenceman.

Honestly I have him as the 3rd biggest threat on the Sens as far as the Calder is concerned, but I don't have high hopes for any of the Sens faithful over guys like Neideritter, Landeskog and Dalpe.

73Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:The thing about a defenceman winning the Calder is that one of two things needs to happen. One is that a guy comes in and simply dominates from beginning to end and wins without a shadow of a doubt (see: Tyler Myers) or a guy lucks out and plays steady during a weak year (see: Barrett Jackman).

I'm a big believer in Rundblad's talent, but he's not gonna be the guy to come in and dominate, his style of play dictates that he's going to have a learning curve and that it's going to be a steep one at certain points.

Even if he doesn't have the learning curve that I expect he's still in tough with a pretty decent forwards corps coming in this year who can steal the spotlight away from a young talented defenceman.

Honestly I have him as the 3rd biggest threat on the Sens as far as the Calder is concerned, but I don't have high hopes for any of the Sens faithful over guys like Neideritter, Landeskog and Dalpe.

I agree with all of this, but he still needs to be in the 'running' with the forwards IMO, even if he's well back. If he starts lighting up like EK did in year 2 - especially with EK being around to help him out a little, then he'll be mentioned - but again, I agree, he's in tough, there are just too many potential breakout forward candidates.

You have him 3rd on the Sens to Cowen and...Z-bad?

74Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:The thing about a defenceman winning the Calder is that one of two things needs to happen. One is that a guy comes in and simply dominates from beginning to end and wins without a shadow of a doubt (see: Tyler Myers) or a guy lucks out and plays steady during a weak year (see: Barrett Jackman).

I agree with all of this, but he still needs to be in the 'running' with the forwards IMO, even if he's well back. If he starts lighting up like EK did in year 2 - especially with EK being around to help him out a little, then he'll be mentioned - but again, I agree, he's in tough, there are just too many potential breakout forward candidates.

You have him 3rd on the Sens to Cowen and...Z-bad?

1. Z-bad or Silfverberg (don't think either stays though)
2. Cowen (better defensively, actually has a shot at 2nd PP time)
3. Rundblad (Probably the most talented on list, but learning curve)

75Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wonder if Cowen will get PP time...that would be great if he can translate some of his success last year to the pros (offensively). He's a big boy who has a decent shot - make it happen!

76Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I get the feeling that they are going to force Cowen into the roll of Phillips 2.0 and not even give him a chance to show some offensive flare.

77Article on Rundblad - Page 5 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:46 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I get the feeling that they are going to force Cowen into the roll of Phillips 2.0 and not even give him a chance to show some offensive flare.

I can't imagine anyone telling him not to shoot. Even Phillips gets his share of offensive chances. If Cowen takes the initiative and demonstrates an ability that they weren't expecting, I'm sure PMac will act accordingly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum