GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Article on Rundblad

+10
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
rooneypoo
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Captain Hindsight wrote:Whoever impresses the most in camp will make the team. If the player is a vet and he stinks, piss off, because this camp will be competitive.

Competitive? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

17Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Carkner gone would solve this "dilemma" pretty quickly...

Wink

It wouldn't. Try to do your lines with Rundblad and Cowen and without only Carkner.
Meh... make one of them the 7th D and see who steps up. Let them earn their stripes... I'm not one for anointing right out of the gate... go the Detroit method... have them work for it.

18Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

It wouldn't. Try to do your lines with Rundblad and Cowen and without only Carkner.
Meh... make one of them the 7th D and see who steps up. Let them earn their stripes... I'm not one for anointing right out of the gate... go the Detroit method... have them work for it.

This.

19Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And MacLean's a Detroit boy...

Wink

20Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When did Detroit ever sit anyone of significance on the back end?

21Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I think it's one of Lee or Kuba to go, assuming you don't want to move Gonchar and can't anyway, Karlsson is a lock, Phillips and want to give a spot to one of Cowen or Rundblad for sure.

Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Gonchar
Cowen/Rundblad - Karlsson
Carkner

So, if Carkner's the 7th D-man (at a great price), he doesn't factor in. You have to move one of the roster players, so one of Kuba or Lee. The obvious choice is Kuba, but I'm not sure who'd be interested, so it might have to be Lee.

Something's gotta give here, I find it hard to believe we're going in with 7 D-men + Rundblad or Cowen starting in the AHL. Maybe you're right about a D-man and a forward going for some top 6 help.

We have a surplus of right-handed D, so you might be right about that -- that is, Lee or Carkner. Lee + Regin/Foligno is actually not a bad bargaining chip, if you have faith that the Lee we say in March and April last year is the real Lee.

Anyway, I look to Rundblad to force the issue. I really think that the only thing that keeps him off this team now is him. But camp will tell the tale.

22Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:56 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

best case scenario this year is Rundblad will be up for rookie of the year. i used to think he would be a good top 4 now i'm hoping a top 2 guy down the line. a lidstrom of sorts.... yes i'm getting ahead of myself. of course i expect him to make mistakes but i won't be surprised to see him make the team. it will be exciting. looking back he's one of BM's best move for this team. I wonder if the blues are already regretting this. Tarasanako isn't playing here for now.

23Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

That would be quite dumb. I agree with your basic concept, but having one of these guys sitting in the pressbox when they could be on the top pairing in Bingo is rather ridiculous.

24Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There *WILL BE* injuries. Book it!

25Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:There *WILL BE* injuries. Book it!

Great, then we can call one of them up when injuries strike.

An intriguing thought to me is Carkner at forward when injuries hit. That's strictly because Carkner/Konopka/Neil would be an insane line to watch.

26Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't hope that Rundblad becomes Lidstrom. C'mon now.

27Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

That would be quite dumb. I agree with your basic concept, but having one of these guys sitting in the pressbox when they could be on the top pairing in Bingo is rather ridiculous.

I can't even make solid defense pairings based on what we saw last year from Gonchar, Phillips, and Karlsson.

Maybe: Phillips-Cowen, Rundblad-Gonchar, Kuba-Karlsson? Still I'd like to see Carkner in the mix; I just don't know where.

28Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

stempniaksen wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

Doesn't have to just be them in the press box... Lee could earn a spot up there if Cowen and Rundblad are both stepping up. At any rate, I was offering one way to get both up there with the big club. I personally think we'll only see one of them up at the end of the day.

29Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
I can't even make solid defense pairings based on what we saw last year from Gonchar, Phillips, and Karlsson.

Maybe: Phillips-Cowen, Rundblad-Gonchar, Kuba-Karlsson? Still I'd like to see Carkner in the mix; I just don't know where.

Rundblad and Gonchar should not be a pairing, except on the powerplay. I think you need to separate Phillips and Cowen (as appealing as that pairing is), to ensure some physicality on multiple defence pairings. Really, the foursome of Gonch, Rundblad, Karlsson, and Kuba doesn't bring much toughness to the table.

30Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:29 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Come on, Kuba is a Monster!

31Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
wprager wrote:There *WILL BE* injuries. Book it!

Great, then we can call one of them up when injuries strike.

An intriguing thought to me is Carkner at forward when injuries hit. That's strictly because Carkner/Konopka/Neil would be an insane line to watch.

Could we get them all to put tinfoil on their knuckles and wear these? Old-time hockey!

Article on Rundblad - Page 2 AUSTJR71

32Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:37 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

How is Gonchar doing after his concussion. I thought I read somewhere last month that he still is having issues... has anyone heard anything?

33Article on Rundblad - Page 2 Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well Gonchar is shown here swimming with Malkin in Russia.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum