GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Rundblad

+16
CockRoche
rooneypoo
spader
PKC
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
TheAvatar
shabbs
wprager
Ev
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1David Rundblad Empty David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I couldn't find the Sens Prospects thread and our Tidbits thread is locked for some reason... David Rundblad 105237

Explain to me how he can be so good already, he has already outdone Karlsson in 15 games this year. Karlsson had 10 Points in 45 Games his last season in the SEL.

Rundblad has 11 points in 15 games already this season. 4 of those are goals. David Rundblad 601927 This kid is outstanding, there is nowhere to go but up for him, I can't believe it. He's already probably twice as good as Karlsson if you can believe it.

How many points will he finish with this year? Could he be the next BIG thing? Like the next Niedermayer/Lidstrom? Or is it too early to go there?

How does St. Louis feel about the trade now? Did they trade the wrong d-man?

Discuss! David Rundblad 54934

2David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

BTW he had 13 Points in 47 games last year on the same team. 1 Goal.

3David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well i haven't seen any of the games but assists could be the product of a superior goal scorer? could be on a good team? he could max-out and never hit another good season... or he could be an amazing steal from BM. i'm hoping for the later... especialy now that petersson isn't scoring this year, silferburg doesn;t lokk to be doing much either.

4David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The Blues might be regretting it, it also looks like Forsberg gave us one sweet parting gift before he left.

It'll be interesting to see if he adapts to the NHL as fast as Karlsson.

5David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:well i haven't seen any of the games but assists could be the product of a superior goal scorer? could be on a good team? he could max-out and never hit another good season... or he could be an amazing steal from BM. i'm hoping for the later... especialy now that petersson isn't scoring this year, silferburg doesn;t lokk to be doing much either.

Yes, he's on one of the best teams in Sweden.

Silfverberg has like 6 goals and 10 points in 13 games.

The Blues made a good deal as they needed an elite forward prospect (which we needed as well). I think it's a win-win for both teams, but I am not gonna say Rundblad is guaranteed to be amazing in the NHL.

He is the same age as Karlsson, so it's no surprise that he would have more points in the SEL this season than Karlsson did in his last season.

6David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:I couldn't find the Sens Prospects thread and our Tidbits thread is locked for some reason... David Rundblad 105237

Explain to me how he can be so good already, he has already outdone Karlsson in 15 games this year. Karlsson had 10 Points in 45 Games his last season in the SEL.

Rundblad has 11 points in 15 games already this season. 4 of those are goals. David Rundblad 601927 This kid is outstanding, there is nowhere to go but up for him, I can't believe it. He's already probably twice as good as Karlsson if you can believe it.

How many points will he finish with this year? Could he be the next BIG thing? Like the next Niedermayer/Lidstrom? Or is it too early to go there?

In his first full season in the SEL, Rundblad had 10 points; in his first full season in the SEL, Karlsson had 10 points. The difference is that half of Karlsson's points were goals, and after that one season he came to North America and played 60 games in the NHL (plus another 12 in the AHL).

Keep in mind that this is Rundblad's *third* full season in the SEL. He had just one goal last season, this year he has 4 already (in about a third of the season). So, yeah, this sounds like his breakout year.

7David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Remind me again why STL made this trade? Mind boggling. What's the line on Tarasenko these days?

8David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Remind me again why STL made this trade? Mind boggling. What's the line on Tarasenko these days?

Actually I don't care about that as much as I care about "how the hell was Murray able to make such a steal" Wink

9David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:
shabbs wrote:Remind me again why STL made this trade? Mind boggling. What's the line on Tarasenko these days?

Actually I don't care about that as much as I care about "how the hell was Murray able to make such a steal" Wink
It all goes together though doesn't it...? People get pissed when 1st rounders are traded... but this was a good move.

10David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:12 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

It all goes together though doesn't it...? People get pissed when 1st rounders are traded... but this was a good move.

Indeed it was. I don't really consider it as trading out the 1st round pick as we traded 1st for 1st; just about the same pick as well; just one year more mature.

11David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes. 1st round pick for a proven 1st rounder. It's all good.

12David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:28 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:I couldn't find the Sens Prospects thread and our Tidbits thread is locked for some reason... David Rundblad 105237

I've been trying to keep people posted on his progress in the all-Prospect thread but he probably merits his own.

Keep in mind Karlsson's last season in the SEL was in 2008-2009 and that his birthday is only about four months before Rundblad's. So comparing their numbers is a little misleading. Also bear in mind context; SAIK has the two leading scorers in the SEL at the moment IIRC.

Anders Forsberg did say recently that Rundblad was already more complete than Gonchar or Karlsson when asked about how DR.7 might fare trying to win a spot and ice-time next season in Ottawa, but I don't know if he'd stick to that statement if you kept at him about it, at least not without qualifying it somehow.

I'm not sure I'd say Rundblad is better than Karlsson - although he has been on an incredible tear since the second half of last season after a brutal start and WJC that probably dropped his value enough for St. Louis to consider trading him. I also wouldn't compare him to EK, Lidstrom or Niedermayer; he's more like PK Subban, who I guess in turn people project to be somewhere in between Mike Green and Drew Doughty in style (though probably not calibre). DR. 7's defence has improved dramatically from last season but it's still the area he needs to work on and obviously won't get anywhere near Lidstrom's calibre - that's for his team-mate two years his junior to try, methinks.

None of this is to try to dampen the excitement over him, though. Being the undisputed #1 defenceman on a SEL team, especially for the length of time that he has, is really impressive, and he compares very favourably to Tim Erixon, his team-mate taken in the same round in the 2009 draft.

As far as what St. Louis was thinking, well, Tarasenko has some question-marks as a Russian prospect but has sick offensive upside, which they probably felt they need to replenish given they traded Eller for Halak. And given the way Pietrangelo is playing right now, Blues fans would probably laugh at the suggestion that they moved the wrong guy (I mean obviously we weren't going to move the pick for Mark Cundari or something).

13David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they knew they were trading Eller for a goalie at the draft, maybe even had the deal in place contingent on it.

14David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:50 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, they knew they were trading Eller for a goalie at the draft, maybe even had the deal in place contingent on it.

Also, at the moment Pietrangelo and Johnson have N1D potential, well Johnson is already a N1... but at the forwards rank Oshie, Berglund, Perron etc still haven't shown top line production.

15David Rundblad Empty Re: David Rundblad Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's a video I posted earlier in another thread. Rundblad scores a beauty. The scoring play starts around 2.14m

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum