GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Rundblad

+16
CockRoche
rooneypoo
spader
PKC
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
TheAvatar
shabbs
wprager
Ev
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Locke is struggling to even be in the lineup; he was down in Elmira for a while to get minutes, because he was too far down the depth chart to be in the top six.

As much as we'd all like to think otherwise, we have *zero* blue-chip forward prospects. I think, really, the question is do you trade one of our blue-chip D-prospects for a forward prospect, or a roster top-six forward? If it's the former, then Wiercioch (with the longer lead-time) is the way to go. But if you want someone who can step in and contribute right away, then the other team is probably thinking the same way, and then the deal is Rundblad.

Also, we have a still relatively inexperienced Karlsson, and next year (if not earlier) we'll have Cowen as a rookie, possibly Gryba as a 7th, too. You don't want two rookies in your top-six D and another as you 7th. It's quite possible that you'd keep Wiercioch just because he needs that one more year, just like your roster does. And Rundblad will get you a far nicer return at this point in time.

47David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
As much as we'd all like to think otherwise, we have *zero* blue-chip forward prospects.

Wouldn't Hoffman count ? From what I've seen of him his skill set is unreal and the organization is very excited about him.

If all goes well he could be our very own Claude Giroux.

48David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Suppose that next year, or the year after that, we're really close. Would you trade one of Rundblad or Wiercioch at the deadline to get a *real* top-six forward for a Cup run?

Think about it. Gonchar and Karlsson are lighting it up on the PP, Phillips is teaching Cowen the ropes and the kid's learning fast, O'Brien is a younger, faster, less-penalty-prone Ruutu, and your top six consists of the ageless Alfie, Spezza, Michalek, Fisher and one of Regin and Foligno -- hopefully one of them has finally learned what consistency requires. Butler isn't the answer, and neither are the young Swedes. Do you pull the trigger?

Assuming it was a move that would likely put us over the top I'd think long and hard about it. It's too early to tell what Weircioch will become but I think Rundlblad is a bigger Karlsson and could be as good or better.

Edit: I'd probably move Weircioch if it was a final piece for a contending team. The legitimate top six forward would have to be of a similar ilk to Michalek with more proven offensive success and still young and relatively cheap.

I agree. I think Rundblad is untradeable right now. Wiercioch is the odd man out of our defensive prospects. I wouldn't count out Butler just yet. I'm predicting that by mid season he and Locke will be the two point leaders by a wide margin in Bingo

I wouldn't say that at all. In fact, Wiercioch probably has the highest ceiling of them all in terms of what he could become: a guy who is big enough to play a shutdown role, but fast, smart, and creative enough to play a big offensive role, too -- that is, the "#1" D type of player that is so rare.

That said, it's going to take some time for Wiercioch to develop. He still looks paper thin, and his D definitely needs work.

I wouldn't say that. I think Cowen has Chara potential personally. He has the size, strength and doesn't get nearly enough credit for his offensive abilities.

49David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Suppose that next year, or the year after that, we're really close. Would you trade one of Rundblad or Wiercioch at the deadline to get a *real* top-six forward for a Cup run?

Think about it. Gonchar and Karlsson are lighting it up on the PP, Phillips is teaching Cowen the ropes and the kid's learning fast, O'Brien is a younger, faster, less-penalty-prone Ruutu, and your top six consists of the ageless Alfie, Spezza, Michalek, Fisher and one of Regin and Foligno -- hopefully one of them has finally learned what consistency requires. Butler isn't the answer, and neither are the young Swedes. Do you pull the trigger?

Assuming it was a move that would likely put us over the top I'd think long and hard about it. It's too early to tell what Weircioch will become but I think Rundlblad is a bigger Karlsson and could be as good or better.

Edit: I'd probably move Weircioch if it was a final piece for a contending team. The legitimate top six forward would have to be of a similar ilk to Michalek with more proven offensive success and still young and relatively cheap.

I agree. I think Rundblad is untradeable right now. Wiercioch is the odd man out of our defensive prospects. I wouldn't count out Butler just yet. I'm predicting that by mid season he and Locke will be the two point leaders by a wide margin in Bingo

I wouldn't say that at all. In fact, Wiercioch probably has the highest ceiling of them all in terms of what he could become: a guy who is big enough to play a shutdown role, but fast, smart, and creative enough to play a big offensive role, too -- that is, the "#1" D type of player that is so rare.

That said, it's going to take some time for Wiercioch to develop. He still looks paper thin, and his D definitely needs work.

I wouldn't say that. I think Cowen has Chara potential personally. He has the size, strength and doesn't get nearly enough credit for his offensive abilities.

Now I've heard it all. Cowen has Chara potential. I also heard Butler has Stamkos potential, Wick has Datsyuk, Lehner has Roy, Hoffman has St. Louis, Rundblad has Lidstrom, Wiercioch has Rafalski, Silfverberg has Forsberg and Gryba has a tiny bit of Pronger. All our prospects have the ability to be first ballot hall of fame. reality check in 3, 2, 1...

50David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:56 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Straight Shooter wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Now I've heard it all. Cowen has Chara potential. I also heard Butler has Stamkos potential, Wick has Datsyuk, Lehner has Roy, Hoffman has St. Louis, Rundblad has Lidstrom, Wiercioch has Rafalski, Silfverberg has Forsberg and Gryba has a tiny bit of Pronger. All our prospects have the ability to be first ballot hall of fame. reality check in 3, 2, 1...

Have you honestly ever posted anything worth reading?

51David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Straight Shooter wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Funny thing about potential is it's just that...potential. I never said he is Chara or will be the next Chara either. Coaching went a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to getting Chara a regular shift as a D man never mind getting him to Norris trophy caliber. People seem to forget he was a fighter playing forward and Defense when he played in Long Island. He was an after thought in that trade and if not for Jacque Martin the guy would probably not be where he is today. Cowen has the skills, size and ability to be great and was projected top 5 in his draft before his knee injury and still went top 9. I'm certainly not sold on Silfverberg, Gryba, Wick or Hoffman and its still too early to say for a guys like Lehner and Weircioch.

- Unknown Author

52David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:09 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Sorry you dissagree. I post when I can which isn't much. Not sure how to answer your question though, but i posted this a couple days ago which not many people know. "Parise is also only the 2nd player in the history of Jacques Lemaire's nhl coachiong career to get over 80 points in one season. Gaborik had 83 for minnesota in 2008, Parise had 82 last year in Jersey.That says a lot about Parise's talents." Not sure what constitutes something worth reading.

53David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also have a look at things being said about Runblad from people in the business of knowing about guys like him. The Sens former head of scouting, Anders Forseberg has some seriously high praise for him and has compared him to some pretty nice D men in the NHL. There has also been a comment from a former Senator and coach in the European league suggesting Rundblad will likely be better than Karlsson.

- Unknown Author

54David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Funny thing about potential is it's just that...potential. I never said he is Chara or will be the next Chara either. Coaching went a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to getting Chara a regular shift as a D man never mind getting him to Norris trophy caliber. People seem to forget he was a fighter playing forward and Defense when he played in Long Island. He was an after thought in that trade and if not for Jacque Martin the guy would probably not be where he is today. Cowen has the skills, size and ability to be great and was projected top 5 in his draft before his knee injury and still went top 9. I'm certainly not sold on Silfverberg, Gryba, Wick or Hoffman and its still too early to say for a guys like Lehner and Weircioch.

So I was right, every prospects has the potential to be the best ever. all i am saying is why bother saying it. of course potential is potential. anyway, whatever, it is no big deal. i just wouldnt have said it is all i am saying.

55David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Straight Shooter wrote:

There's two sides to that coin. Like the fact that Chara was a project that took quite some time to flourish, St.Louis was cut by Ottawa before finding a home as an elite forward. They all start somewhere.

56David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:14 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

oh and is this necassary?

57David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

No need. Ignore the poster or skip his posts please. Thanks!

58David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:22 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Straight Shooter wrote:Sorry you dissagree. I post when I can which isn't much. Not sure how to answer your question though, but i posted this a couple days ago which not many people know. "Parise is also only the 2nd player in the history of Jacques Lemaire's nhl coachiong career to get over 80 points in one season. Gaborik had 83 for minnesota in 2008, Parise had 82 last year in Jersey.That says a lot about Parise's talents." Not sure what constitutes something worth reading.

Things worth reading don't include ridiculing people's opinions by coming over the top with absurd exaggerations. If you don't agree that Cowen has Chara potential in him, then fine, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. But don't make someone else feel stupid by saying it the way you did.

59David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Straight Shooter wrote:
So I was right, every prospects has the potential to be the best ever. all i am saying is why bother saying it. of course potential is potential. anyway, whatever, it is no big deal. i just wouldnt have said it is all i am saying.

That's your argument? Every prospect? You're not serious are you? There's a clear difference between a guy like Jared Cowan or David Rundblad and just any old prospect IMO.

- Unknown Author

60David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 am

Either way I'd keep Rundblad and our roster as it is until we NEED to make a move. With all this cap space coming this off-season we don't need an offensive blue-chip prospect. Sign 1/2 younger offensive players, deal with the goalie situation, and move up or down in the draft, if appropriate, and get some forwards.

61David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:Sorry you dissagree. I post when I can which isn't much. Not sure how to answer your question though, but i posted this a couple days ago which not many people know. "Parise is also only the 2nd player in the history of Jacques Lemaire's nhl coachiong career to get over 80 points in one season. Gaborik had 83 for minnesota in 2008, Parise had 82 last year in Jersey.That says a lot about Parise's talents." Not sure what constitutes something worth reading.

Things worth reading don't include ridiculing people's opinions by coming over the top with absurd exaggerations. If you don't agree that Cowen has Chara potential in him, then fine, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. But don't make someone else feel stupid by saying it the way you did.

I think the captain knows what i was getting at. You can say every prospect has potential with proper coaching, even Lee.

62David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:29 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:

That's your argument? Every prospect? You're not serious are you? There's a clear difference between a guy like Jared Cowan or David Rundblad and just any old prospect IMO.

Prospects are kids, they all have the ability to be shaped into greatness with proper coaching, will, drive, situation. potential is what you make of it.

63David Rundblad - Page 4 Empty Re: David Rundblad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:30 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Anyway, moving on. the tone of this discussion wont improve and i guess that is partly my fault.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum