GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Article on Rundblad

+10
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
rooneypoo
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Article on Rundblad Empty Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Good little article on Rundblad up on the Dobber forums. It tries to add some perspective on what he accomplished last season. All I can say is, I'm officially really excited to see this guy at camp this year -- and am now revising my previous assumption that he would probably get sent to Bingo out of camp.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=122&jfile=showthread.php&t=106498

2Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting article. Very promising for Rundblad fur sure. He certainly has the potential to crack the lineup out of camp. Cowen and Rundblad will be battling for that spot.

On a side note, check those stats by Goran Lindblom. Man. Makes you wonder what he could have done over in the NHL...

3Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Like the article says, "There is no question that Rundblad's accomplishment in the SEL last year was incredible. "

However the SEL is not the NHL in too many ways. I'm hopeful, but I'm not getting overly excited yet. Remember all the hype about Hedman? There are more players on that list than just Lindblom that never player in the NHL. Some did play, but were nowhere near as successful. High scoring forwards, it seems, do pretty well, but how many of those top-10 PPG defensemen made it in the NHL? We all know about Lidstrom. Svehla was another, scoring at a .511 PPG pace -- decent for a defenseman, but far from indecent. Rundblad will be added to that list shortly, but that's it. Granted, that top-10 includes Lindblom three times, so it's really a top-8 list, but still.

4Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good write-up. We really have to hold our expectations in check though...it was only one season, and the NHL is a different game.

5Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The sky's the limit for Rundblad, even if he only sees PP2 time and limited 5 on 5 time, he'll put up points. He just has to make sure he doesn't get down on himself when he makes mistakes - which will happen of course.

I'm not sure when it'll click, but he should be a lock for 50+ point in the NHL and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 25-30 point this upcoming year.

6Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

no promises he even plays this year. I think Cowen is ahead of him on the depth chart based on type of d-man we need.

7Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:no promises he even plays this year. I think Cowen is ahead of him on the depth chart based on type of d-man we need.

Probably, but if he doesn't at least start, he'd be the first call up I assume.

8Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:26 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:no promises he even plays this year. I think Cowen is ahead of him on the depth chart based on type of d-man we need.

A month or two ago, I might have agreed. But now I think Rundblad is the kind of guy who's going to make it impossible for us not to play him. And I say that even as I agree that Cowen is probably first in line.

Time will tell. But I'm guessing that one of Kuba or Carkner will be gone by the time the puck drops on the season, or thereabouts. We'll see.

9Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Carkner gone would solve this "dilemma" pretty quickly...

Wink

10Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's one of Lee or Kuba to go, assuming you don't want to move Gonchar and can't anyway, Karlsson is a lock, Phillips and want to give a spot to one of Cowen or Rundblad for sure.

Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Gonchar
Cowen/Rundblad - Karlsson
Carkner

So, if Carkner's the 7th D-man (at a great price), he doesn't factor in. You have to move one of the roster players, so one of Kuba or Lee. The obvious choice is Kuba, but I'm not sure who'd be interested, so it might have to be Lee.

Something's gotta give here, I find it hard to believe we're going in with 7 D-men + Rundblad or Cowen starting in the AHL. Maybe you're right about a D-man and a forward going for some top 6 help.

11Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Carkner gone would solve this "dilemma" pretty quickly...

Wink

It wouldn't. Try to do your lines with Rundblad and Cowen and without only Carkner.

12Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whoever impresses the most in camp will make the team. If the player is a vet and he stinks, piss off, because this camp will be competitive.

13Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Captain Hindsight wrote:Whoever impresses the most in camp will make the team. If the player is a vet and he stinks, piss off, because this camp will be competitive.

Competitive? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

14Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

It wouldn't. Try to do your lines with Rundblad and Cowen and without only Carkner.
Meh... make one of them the 7th D and see who steps up. Let them earn their stripes... I'm not one for anointing right out of the gate... go the Detroit method... have them work for it.

15Article on Rundblad Empty Re: Article on Rundblad Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wink

Meh... make one of them the 7th D and see who steps up. Let them earn their stripes... I'm not one for anointing right out of the gate... go the Detroit method... have them work for it.

This.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum