GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The heat is ON!!!

+7
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
Da lil Guy
Hoags
TheAvatar
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:48 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We've got some India resources over here from Pune and they are loving this heat. They say it feels like home.

17The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:22 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God bless air conditioning. I can’t sleep comfortably in the heat, so I always crank mine up before bed. I don’t understand how people can live here without A/C, but I have become spoiled and soft.

Also, I take a beating on my energy bill, but it’s SO worth it.

18The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I'm a big ol pansy when it comes to heat. I have the AC cranked right now, and I too pay out the nose for electicity, but i honestly could care less, lol.

19The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I've been living with this kind of temperature for the past 6 months.. no problemes(no A/C either).

I freely admit that I am not nearly that hardcore. Ahhhhh!

It's really amazing what a ceiling fan will do. We have one in the bedroom and I tell you, it greatly reduces the need for AC (doesn't eliminate it but it greatly reduces it).

Actually, one thing that is important to note is that I live in the country where it's normally not as hot as the city. The asphalt concentrates so much heat ... I live in 2 acres of grass and trees (near the water) and I have windows on both sides of the house so the air flows really well ... I used AC when I lived in the city.

20The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Today, we're supposed to hit 38 deg C... humidex will take it up to 49 deg C. Ridiculous!

21The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We shouldn't have gotten rid of our pool last fall.

22The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Captain Hindsight wrote:We shouldn't have gotten rid of our pool last fall.
Now that is some good hindsight...

23The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Today, we're supposed to hit 38 deg C... humidex will take it up to 49 deg C. Ridiculous!

See, I *always* knew Ottawa was a much cooler place than Toronto. We're only hitting 35-36 today. Could hit the same humidex, though. My poor kids at his power-skating camp (they usually spend a couple of hours outside playing soccer). Then I pick him up at the end of the day and he smells like he pissed himself. And I dropped off the minivan for servicing so I can't put him in the rear seat anymore. Stupid loaner!

24The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My daughter had a soccer game last night at 6:00pm and it was still 35 degrees at kickoff. The kids were drinking water like daddy drinks beer...

Wink

25The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:My daughter had a soccer game last night at 6:00pm and it was still 35 degrees at kickoff. The kids were drinking water like daddy drinks beer...

Wink

Must have been a proud moment for you Smile

Wait, she's still of Timbit age, isn't she? They don't let the little kids play when it's that hot, do they?

26The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:My daughter had a soccer game last night at 6:00pm and it was still 35 degrees at kickoff. The kids were drinking water like daddy drinks beer...

Wink

Wait, she's still of Timbit age, isn't she? They don't let the little kids play when it's that hot, do they?
She's playing in the 4-6 mixed age group and it's a bit more competitive. They do keep score, stats, take corner kicks, throw-ins etc... the only time they call a game is if there's lightning. Her team won 8-2 last night. Hell yeah! They've only lost one game so far this season. Sweet.

27The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wink

She's playing in the 4-6 mixed age group and it's a bit more competitive. They do keep score, stats, take corner kicks, throw-ins etc... the only time they call a game is if there's lightning. Her team won 8-2 last night. Hell yeah! They've only lost one game so far this season. Sweet.

Get her an agent!

28The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Golfing in Milton today... the lady with the beer cart better be coming by often... OFTEN!!!!!!

29The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

We have a solar heated pool with a pool cover. Needless to say we've needed neither- Laughing3

30The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

We have a solar heated pool with a pool cover. Needless to say we've needed neither- Laughing3

I have a hot tub. Even with the heater essentially turned off, it likes to hover around 90!

31The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I've been away from the house for a few days; when I came home last night, it was 31.1 degrees in the house ... a little bit on the warm side; it's now a cozy 25. This is the longest I've run the AC all summer (12 hours).

32The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:08 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:I've been away from the house for a few days; when I came home last night, it was 31.1 degrees in the house ... a little bit on the warm side; it's now a cozy 25. This is the longest I've run the AC all summer (12 hours).

Yowza. Our outdoor thermometer (in the shade) got to 38.3 degrees yesterday. It was truly inferno-like out there.

33The heat is ON!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The heat is ON!!! Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Driving 4 hours from Brampton to Ottawa in an unconditioned vehicle sucks by the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum