GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Lineup Card for 11/12

+25
LeCaptain
jawal
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Da lil Guy
ddt
shabbs
Riprock
DirtyDave
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Amnesia021
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
wprager
rooneypoo
Hoags
NEELY
spader
PTFlea
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 31]

226Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I still think there is a serious possibility Foligno gets traded with a prospect for a top 6 forward... Penner basically.

That's basically the same thought I had after the Konopka signing. Folingo/Regin + Kuba for an overpaid top 6er / top 6er in need of a change of scenery. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

227Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:36 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, LA created a hole on the 3rd line when they traded Simmons. Yah, they plugged a majot hole in the top 6 that Penner was supposed to fill, but it didn't work out.

All personal feelings aside, a move like Foligno + a prospect for Penner makes a ton of sense from both parties. Could Wiercoich be a guy Ottawa parts with? Maybe.

228Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:24 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Regin had a worse year and then that shoulder surgery, which means reduced off-season workouts. Wouldn't want to be in his shoes -- skates -- right now. He'll need to do 2 months of rehab and a month of training all in about a 2-month timeframe. He'd better show upa t camp with Wile E. Coyote legs (on ACME Triple-Strength Fortified Leg Muscle Vitamins), because that's about the only part he can get a head start on.

No room for him to mess around when he's cleared for off-ice work outs, that's for sure...

229Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Also, LA created a hole on the 3rd line when they traded Simmons. Yah, they plugged a majot hole in the top 6 that Penner was supposed to fill, but it didn't work out.

All personal feelings aside, a move like Foligno + a prospect for Penner makes a ton of sense from both parties. Could Wiercoich be a guy Ottawa parts with? Maybe.

LA would give you Penner straight up for Foligno - in fact, if I'm Bryan Murray, I play chicken with them to see if they'll blink first and add in something else, not the other way around. At this point, that's 4.2 million tied up in a player they don't want anymore and have basically come out and said as much.

Besides, where are you putting him?

Filatov - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - __________ - Alfredsson

If anything, we need a 2C, not a LW, right?

230Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Also, LA created a hole on the 3rd line when they traded Simmons. Yah, they plugged a majot hole in the top 6 that Penner was supposed to fill, but it didn't work out.

LA would give you Penner straight up for Foligno - in fact, if I'm Bryan Murray, I play chicken with them to see if they'll blink first and add in something else, not the other way around. At this point, that's 4.2 million tied up in a player they don't want anymore and have basically come out and said as much.

Besides, where are you putting him?

Penner - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - __________ - Alfredsson

If anything, we need a 2C, not a LW, right?

You're seriously going to imply Filatov is a player that should be a kog on the top line?

231Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Filatov is not a lock for anything right now.

232Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did we just sign Zibanejad? Ahhhhh!

233Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
You're seriously going to imply Filatov is a player that should be a kog on the top line?

Ummm....yeah, of course. We didn't acquire one of the most talented players in the league to play him on line 3...

234Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Filatov is not a lock for anything right now.

Well, yeah, he has to perform in training camp and pre-season, but it's his spot to lose. To that there's zero question. Surprised to hear this coming from Neely and you, I'm not even sold on Filatov as a player and I knew this.

Laugh1 Imagine Filatov on a checking line or 3rd line. Hilarious.

235Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Did we just sign Zibanejad? Ahhhhh!

as per some rando on HFB. I asked Zib himself, let's see if he replies Wink

236Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Well, yeah, he has to perform in training camp and pre-season, but it's his spot to lose. To that there's zero question. Surprised to hear this coming from Neely and you, I'm not even sold on Filatov as a player and I knew this.

Our third line most likely won't be a gritty third line, so anything is possible.

237Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Did we just sign Zibanejad? Ahhhhh!

as per some rando on HFB. I asked Zib himself, let's see if he replies Wink

To SteffeG! Smile

238Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Our third line most likely won't be a gritty third line, so anything is possible.

Do you really believe that?

239Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Filatov will need the same treatment as Butler. Give him top 6 mins or send him to bingo

240Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Filatov will need the same treatment as Butler. Give him top 6 mins or send him to bingo

Obviously, yeah. This is our top six acquisition for the wing, end of story. I guess we could put Fat Penner in there somewhere and drop Alfie down, or Butler, but not Filatov until he's been given a LONG look in the top 6.

241Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

You never know though, with the amount of injuries that take place (alfie, michalek are shoe-ins for this), it really doesn't hurt to get Plump Penner and plant Filatov on the 3rd for the time being...or bingo. But he's paid his dues already

242Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Ummm....yeah, of course. We didn't acquire one of the most talented players in the league to play him on line 3...

He is going to get every chance to play in the top 6, saying he's for sure going to be playing beside Spezza is far from a connclussion.

243Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 - Page 16 Empty Re: Sens Lineup Card for 11/12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People act like players don't move up and down the lineup. The only guy who won't move is Spezza... #1 center, set in stone. Everything else is up the air, probably for the next few years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum