GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Empty Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ridiculous schedule = sometimes bored hockey fans...so...

While it's never really too early to fool around with line combos, as we all know a lot can change between then and now. Nevertheless, here's what we can expect the Sens to look like - if they were to make minimal moves in the off-season.

Prospects:
Likely to make the team: Mika Zibanejad C/W, Jakob Silfverberg F, Stephane Da Costa C/W, Mark Borowiecki LD, Robin Lehner, G, Kaspars Daugavins, LW.

Outside chance:: Mike Hoffman, Jim O'Brien, Nikita Filatov, Andre Petersson, Gryba, Wiercioch, D.Grant

Long shot to make the team: : Noesen, Puempel, Prince, Stone, Pageau.

Again, take into account that Murray is always in the mix for high profile UFAs from the NCAA/CHL circuits and that there are always trades etc.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek*

Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Alfredsson **

*pretty much a lock that all three will be in Ottawa next year, barring a trade, or a serious of injuries

** hard to say if both Silfverberg and Z-Bad will make Ottawa their full time home next year, but it stands to reason that they have a very good shot

Foligno - Z.Smith - Condra ***

***This is where it gets tricky, not worrying so much about line combos as Z-Bad and Silfverberg could easily be on the 3rd or even 4th line if they make the Sens, but more about the fact that we've added two roster players and have had to push 2 different players into the bottom 6.

Daugavins (RFA) - Regin(RFA)/Winchester(UFA) - Neil ****

****as evidenced here, line 4 doesn't have Da Costa or Butler on it, perhaps more importantly, there's no room for both Winchester and Regin to both play, two players who add to the skill/grit level of the team.

Phillips - Gonchar *

*Unless there's a trade, this is a lock

Cowen - Karlsson**

**lock

Borowiecki - Rundblad ***

*** at this point, it's hard to imagine Rundblad not making the team full time next season - and unless Murray signs Kuba again, there'll be a spot up for grabs. That obviously could go to a UFA/trade, but when you have a tough, stay at home player like Boro in the system, why not get a good long look at him at the NHL level. This also makes Rundblad to the AHL this season even more important, perhaps there's chemistry to be made there.

On the cusp of the D:
Gryba and Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

Thoughts? Opinions?

2Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Empty Re: Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Parise - Spezza - Michalek (how Cussing awesome would that be)
Greening - Zibanejad - The Alfie
Silfverberg - Da Costa - Neil
Foligno - Smith - Condra

Winchester/Daugavins/Regin...uhoh. Can I have 5 lines?

Phillips - Karlsson
Cowen - Lee
Borowiecki - Rundblad

Last edited by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Empty Re: Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Parise - Spezza - Michalek (how Cussing awesome would that be)
Greening - Zibanejad - The Alfie
Silfverberg - Da Costa - Neil
Foligno - Smith - Condra

Winchester/Daugavins/Konopka/Regin...uhoh. Can I have 5 lines?

Phillips - Karlsson
Cowen - Lee
Borowiecki - Rundblad

I think that's gonna be a heck of a story to watch personally. Winchester is the perfect 4th liner, I seriously can't imagine a scenario where B.Murray doesn't at least try to re-sign him.

Regin seems to fit into Mac's system like a glove - and the importance of that won't be lost on Murray and co.

Konopka won't be retained IMO.

You MUST find a spot for Daugavins in there, his PKing alone make him almost a lock to be on the Sens next year.

And yes...Parise with Spezza and Michalek would be filthy. Confused!

4Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Empty Re: Sens 2012/2013 Possible Lineup Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh ya, I shouldn't have Konopka on my list...for some reason I thought he was on a two-year deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum