GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Lineup for 2009/2010 - What do you think it will look like?

+2
asq2
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We were talking about this in another thread, then I noticed one pop up on HF.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon*
Vermette - Regin - Zubov
Ruutu - Bass - Winchester

extra: Donovan

UFA/trade - Lee
Phillips - Volchenkov
Picard - J.Smith

extra: Bell***

Elliot**
Auld

*re-signed to 850K
** resigned to 1.2
*** resigned to 0.6

Total: 46.4 million. All the extra $$ goes to that one number one D-man.

Possible guys that could move:
Jason Smith - 2.6 million
Vermette - 2.75 million
Kelly (who I didn't even account for) - 2.1
Shannon might not be re-signed (it's never a sure thing)
Bell might not be re-signed (again, never a sure thing)

We can't afford a J-Bo if we maintain the roster ^ above there, but we'll have a little wiggle room for sure.

What do you guys think the lineup will look like?

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Oof. Potentially another long year.

The money given to Kelly and Smith needs to be spent on scoring depth or puck-movement.

It's too much.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Oof. Potentially another long year.

The money given to Kelly and Smith needs to be spent on scoring depth or puck-movement.

It's too much.

Absolutely. I don't think Murray has the guts to move both Kelly and Smith, but it would make for a nice D addition.

If Lee is on the top pairing, might as well just trade anyone not named Alfi for picks. Not a shot we finish ahead of the Leafs and prob worse than this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:If Lee is on the top pairing, might as well just trade anyone not named Alfi for picks. Not a shot we finish ahead of the Leafs and prob worse than this year.

I just tossed together the lineup that fits under the cap and makes some sense. It's definitely not set in stone. I'd be open to moving Lee or Picard (or anyone not named Volchenkov) to improve our D.

I'm just not sure what kind of package and who we'd possibly get.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I love your vermette regin zubov line. It's one I've thought about too... So much speed and skill and all three can shoot or pass or deke. I think once they develop some chemistry, they would become an extremely dangerous line. Unfortunately it also means putting our top 2 faceoff guys on the same line. But sacrifices have to be made.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I count three rookies and three sophomores.

It's not a pretty picture. Even if you add JayBo it's not a pretty picture.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Bass, that's an interesting line. It could kill it, or it could be dormant.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If Lee is on the top pairing, might as well just trade anyone not named Alfi for picks. Not a shot we finish ahead of the Leafs and prob worse than this year.

I just tossed together the lineup that fits under the cap and makes some sense. It's definitely not set in stone. I'd be open to moving Lee or Picard (or anyone not named Volchenkov) to improve our D.

I'm just not sure what kind of package and who we'd possibly get.
Bell is a better player than Lee right now, better offensivly, better in his own zone (as poor as he is at times) thats not gonna change in 8 months.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Feel free to post your lineups. I'm interested to see what people come up with.

Im assuming nothing big goes down.

Heatley/Spezza/Alfi
Foligno/Fisher/Regin
Vermette/Kelly/Donovan
Bass/Smith/Winchester

Phillips/Ohlund
A Train/Bell
Lee/Smith
Picard

Elliott/Auld

EDIT: The only thing there that I think is going to happen is the goaltending. If our team actually looks like that, its another top 5 pick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No Shannon? Sad

504Heater wrote:No Shannon? Sad

Sure, make him the 13th forward.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
Phillips/Ohlund
A Train/Bell
Lee/Smith
Picard

Seeing Ohlund on the top pairing and Brendan Bell on the second gave me physical pain.

On the plus side, Taylor Hall will look d@mn good in a Sens uniform.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

This thing again huh? Well, I'd do this:

OUT:
Vermette
McAmmond
Smith
Kuba

IN:
Ohlund
Hamhuis

WHAT I'D DO:
At the deadline, I'd trade Vermette and Kuba to Nashville for Dan Hamhuis + a pick, maybe 2nd round...probably 3rd

Nashville needs the scoring touch upfront and replace Hamhuis with a very capable Kuba. Sure Kuba leaves, but they still have vermette.

In the offseason, I'd sign Ohlund for about 5 mil when everyone is fussing over Bouwmeester, who will probably go for around 8mil, and everyone will talk about how risky the deal was.
Ohlund is a solid, veteran, puck moving D who happens to be swedish *cough Karlsson* cough Hedman!?*

We have now addressed the defense issue, but still have some gaps up front. I think the locks to make the team right now are Regin and Bass. Shannon and Brendan Bell can walk from their RFA status

With about 3.5 mil to spend, I'd go after a UFA like Bertuzzi, Erik Cole (eek), Bobby Holik and Brian Gionta.

You put this guy on the second line with Fisher, and Foligno, and you have a solid, solid, 2nd line that acts just as much as an energy line.

Alfredsson-Spezza-Heatley
Fisher-Foligno-UFA
Donovan-Kelly-Regin
Neil-Bass-Ruutu

Ohlund-Lee
Phillips-Volchenkov
Hamhuis-Schubert

Elliot
Auld

mmmm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]