GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power Rankings for the Week of Feb 1, 2010 (updated Feb 2, 2010)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These rankings are based on performance over the last 10 games and is not a reflection of the season to date.

Tie breaker is win/loss streak followed by record on the road or at home depending on where there last game was played.

1 - Washington - 10-0-0 - Last week (1st)
2 - Ottawa --- 9-1-0 Last week (9th)
3 - San Jose-----8-0-2 Last week (2nd)
4 - Los Angeles-- 8-2-0 Last week (10th)
5 - Vancouver---- 7-2-1 Last week (4th)
6 - Phoenix----- 7-3-0 Last week (25th)
7 - Pittsburgh-- 7-3-0 Last week (11th)
8 - Florida----- 6-3-1 Last week (13th)
9 - Philadelphia------ 6-4-0 Last week (7th)
10 - Anaheim-- 6-4-0 Last week (3rd)
11 - Chicago---- 6-4-0 Last week (8th)
12 - Colorado------- 6-4-0 Last week (5th)
13 - St. Louis----- 5-3-2 Last week (14th)
14 - Atlanta---- 5-3-2 Last week (22nd)
15 - Tampa Bay--- 5-4-1 Last week (16th)
16 - Minnesota--- 5-4-1 Last week (15th)
17 - Dallas------ 5-5-0 Last week (26th)
18 - Carolina----- 5-5-0 Last week (18th)
19 - Buffalo------ 4-4-2 Last week (12th)
20 - Columbus------ 4-6-0 Last week (19th)
21 - Nashville------- 4-6-0 Last week (20th)
22 - NY Isles-------- 4-6-0 Last week (6th)
23 - Detroit---- 3-3-4 Last week (23rd)
24 - Montreal-------- 3-4-3 Last week (21st)
25 - New Jersey------3-6-1 Last week (17th)
26 - NY Rangers---------- 3-7-0 Last week (24th)
27 - Toronto-------- 2-6-2 Last week (27th)
28 - Boston--------- 1-7-2 Last week (28th)
29 - Calgary--------- 1-7-2 Last week (29th)
30 - Edmonton------- 1-8-1 Last week (30th)

Biggest increase? Phoenix jumps from 25th to 6th!

Biggest decrease? NY Isles drop from 6th to 22nd!

Word to the wise - Stay out of 6th place. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here are my thoughts on ways to improve this current ranking system.

Recorded in the last 10 games every game above 500 gets a point. Every game below 500 and you get a minus.

PP % ranking over the past 10 games - If above your overall average you get a bonus point. If below you lose a point.

PK % ranking over the past 10 games - If above your overall average you get a bonus point. If below you lose a point.

For every Top six forward or Top 4 D injured you lose a point.

GAA over last ten games - If below your overall average you get a point. If above you lose a point.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What about getting points for beating teams ahead of you (points awarded scaled by separation between you and the team you beat). Losing points for losing to teams behind you. Maybe something similar for giving away loser points to teams behind you or snatching a loser point from teams ahead of you.

I'm not sure how I feel about losing points for missing players -- after all, if you continue playing well while your top-line-center is out for 20 games, why get penalized for it? But if you keep this, then shouldn't you also lose points for losing your #1 starter?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:What about getting points for beating teams ahead of you (points awarded scaled by separation between you and the team you beat). Losing points for losing to teams behind you. Maybe something similar for giving away loser points to teams behind you or snatching a loser point from teams ahead of you.

I'm not sure how I feel about losing points for missing players -- after all, if you continue playing well while your top-line-center is out for 20 games, why get penalized for it? But if you keep this, then shouldn't you also lose points for losing your #1 starter?

Interesting ideas. I'm also trying to find a simple formula that is reflective of the current state of the teams (Over the past 10 games). Point taken about the players being out. I can leave that one out.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum