GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Richards traded to LA!

+14
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Money Farmer
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
wprager
spader
dennycrane
Hoags
asq2
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:48 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
spader wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Am I the only person that thinks the Philly organization is a joke right now? They've had huge success in the last 2 years and end up trading 2 guys that are arguably the face of the franchise (after signing them to long term deals with promises they wouldn't be going anywhere).

I hope like hell this bites them in the Donkey going into next year. This isn't the way to run a business.

The question is, have they upgraded with these deals?

Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, 8th, 69th, room for Bryz, plus another pick from LAK for Richards and Carter? I think they're in better shape now than they were an hour ago.

Absolutely not.

Carter > Voracek
Richards > Schenn
Simmonds = 3rd liner (good one, but 3rd liner none the less)
8th + 69th = Complete unknowns
Bryzy = Yet to be determined, seems like an upgrade on paper

That's one way to look at it. The other is that PHI's forward depth was already crazy to begin with, and could afford to be subtracted from a bit.

Look at it this way: PHI will still have a top 9 composed of Briere, Hartnell, Giroux, Versteeg, JVR, presumably Leino, Voracek, and Symmonds. Maybe you even start easing Schenn in this year on that 3rd line with, say, Voracek and Symmonds.

In turn, you've acquired probably the best forward prospect in the NHL in Schenn, made room to sign Bryz (consider how badly they've needed a goalie!) and re-sign Leino, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks, with that first likely to be a stud D like Murphy or Hamilton, or maybe someone like Zibanejad.

It will be interesting to see how much they have to pay their new RFAs, Voracek and Symmonds, tho'. They could be a little pricey.

That's pretty much how I'm seeing it. The subtraction up front (which should be fairly minor, particularly considering the emergence of JVR and the potential for Voracek and Simmonds to improve) should be countered by a subtraction in goals allowed if they can lock The Bryz into a contract. It's a small sacrifice in one area for a major improvement in another.

The real question for me is, is $13 mil or so that PHI now has in cap space enough to cover Bryz, Leino, Voracek, and Symmonds? The first two alone might eat up $10 mil, and while Voracek probably won't command too much, Symmonds will get $2+ mil for sure.

PHI may still not be done. I can see them still having to move one of Carle, Coburn, or Meszaros.

EDIT: Bryz at $5.66 mil. Maybe they squeeze everyone in after all.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

47Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
spader wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Am I the only person that thinks the Philly organization is a joke right now? They've had huge success in the last 2 years and end up trading 2 guys that are arguably the face of the franchise (after signing them to long term deals with promises they wouldn't be going anywhere).

I hope like hell this bites them in the Donkey going into next year. This isn't the way to run a business.

Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, 8th, 69th, room for Bryz, plus another pick from LAK for Richards and Carter? I think they're in better shape now than they were an hour ago.

Absolutely not.

Carter > Voracek
Richards > Schenn

That's one way to look at it. The other is that PHI's forward depth was already crazy to begin with, and could afford to be subtracted from a bit.

Look at it this way: PHI will still have a top 9 composed of Briere, Hartnell, Giroux, Versteeg, JVR, presumably Leino, Voracek, and Symmonds. Maybe you even start easing Schenn in this year on that 3rd line with, say, Voracek and Symmonds.

In turn, you've acquired probably the best forward prospect in the NHL in Schenn, made room to sign Bryz (consider how badly they've needed a goalie!) and re-sign Leino, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks, with that first likely to be a stud D like Murphy or Hamilton, or maybe someone like Zibanejad.

It will be interesting to see how much they have to pay their new RFAs, Voracek and Symmonds, tho'. They could be a little pricey.

Key word right there, they could subtract from their depth. Trading away 2 of your best 3 forwards isn't trading away depth guys, it's changing the whole face of a team that has just had 2 incredibly successful seasons.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't agree with the mantra of trading all your stars away over maturity issues.

48Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
spader wrote:

Absolutely not.

Carter > Voracek
Richards > Schenn

That's pretty much how I'm seeing it. The subtraction up front (which should be fairly minor, particularly considering the emergence of JVR and the potential for Voracek and Simmonds to improve) should be countered by a subtraction in goals allowed if they can lock The Bryz into a contract. It's a small sacrifice in one area for a major improvement in another.

The real question for me is, is $13 mil or so that PHI now has in cap space enough to cover Bryz, Leino, Voracek, and Symmonds? The first two alone might eat up $10 mil, and while Voracek probably won't command too much, Symmonds will get $2+ mil for sure.

PHI may still not be done. I can see them still having to move one of Carle, Coburn, or Meszaros.

With the Bryz contract I can see them having to deal 1 more guy. My prediction is Carle, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Versteeg dealt either.

49Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Look at their Calder Cup team from 2005 and you will know my source.

Also, Gonchar hasn't been at the gym in a little bit... school's out for his kids, might have gone somewhere.

Hmm...Picard? I'm not all that familiar with the people from the '05 Phantoms that know Neely.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's a big claim to make.

50Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:52 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know, is it just me that thinks Philly did all right in these trades? They got rid of a ton of term before their NTC's kicked and actually got brayden schenn who's one of the highest ranked prospects in the world. And they can maybe draft Zibanejad too with that 8th spot or Ryan Murphy. They'll suck for a year but have the potential to be future beasts with bryzgalov on board.

51Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:I don't know, is it just me that thinks Philly did all right in these trades? They got rid of a ton of term before their NTC's kicked and actually got brayden schenn who's one of the highest ranked prospects in the world. And they can maybe draft Zibanejad too with that 8th spot or Ryan Murphy. They'll suck for a year but have the potential to be future beasts with bryzgalov on board.

A lot of unproven guys coming back...

52Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:I don't know, is it just me that thinks Philly did all right in these trades? They got rid of a ton of term before their NTC's kicked and actually got brayden schenn who's one of the highest ranked prospects in the world. And they can maybe draft Zibanejad too with that 8th spot or Ryan Murphy. They'll suck for a year but have the potential to be future beasts with bryzgalov on board.

A couple of things have to fall into place, but they look great to me.

53Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:

A couple of things have to fall into place, but they look great to me.

Gotta see how it plays out still. I like their moves personally because a tight locker room counts for A LOT, but there are still a ton of unproven guys and guys like JVD and Giroux will have way bigger roles then perhaps they are ready for.

54Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:06 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

So Philly has about $10M to sign Leino, Voracek, Carcillo, and Simmonds.

I say $10M as they will probably start Leighton in the AHL.

55Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Versteeg will be dealt for sure. Meszaros maybe as well.

56Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nah Versteeg is not being shopped, apparently.

57Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:So Philly has about $10M to sign Leino, Voracek, Carcillo, and Simmonds.

I say $10M as they will probably start Leighton in the AHL.

$8 mil if Schenn plays with the big club, $11 mil if he doesn't.

You have to wonder if PHI would now consider moving Bob and using Leighton as the backup. Saves them money -- real and cap -- makes the team 100% Bryz's.

Lots of teams out there who could use a good young goalie. Think of all the interest being expressed for Bernier and Schneider.

58Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see but that's an easy 3 mil to clear off the books.

59Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They needed to be traded if the owner truly wanted him out, which he did.

60Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:12 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:They needed to be traded if the owner truly wanted him out, which he did.

Snyder runs the show there for sure. Looks good on Richards though, the guy thought he was untouchable.

61Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Look at their Calder Cup team from 2005 and you will know my source.

Also, Gonchar hasn't been at the gym in a little bit... school's out for his kids, might have gone somewhere.

Hmm...Picard? I'm not all that familiar with the people from the '05 Phantoms that know Neely.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's a big claim to make.

Probably Ben Eager. The guy is from Ottawa. I know he went to Immaculata. They may know each other from there, or maybe from hockey in the area or something.

62Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting:

@DarrenDreger
Darren Dreger
Flyers asked for Kadri and Kulemin from the Leafs for Mike Richards. Toronto said they would consider it, but never heard back from Phi.

63Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:Interesting:

@DarrenDreger
Darren Dreger
Flyers asked for Kadri and Kulemin from the Leafs for Mike Richards. Toronto said they would consider it, but never heard back from Phi.

Haha, wow, Burke better hope Kadri turns into a number 1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum