GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Richards traded to LA!

+14
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Money Farmer
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
wprager
spader
dennycrane
Hoags
asq2
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You have never seen Simmonds play if you don't think he's better than Foligno. It's not about points.

Took the words right off the tips of my fingers.

Here's a hint, prages: check out those PIM figures...

Foligno was rated 7.0B and Simmonds was 7.0C. Pretty close, with a slight edge to Foligno. Are you saying Simmonds deserves more money because he takes more penalties? The league is kinda getting away from that. The league is certainly paying more attention to guys who play on the edge. A couple of years ago Carcillo was *it*. Now he's more likely to be ab embarrassment or to put his team at a disadvantage as he is to keep the other team "honest". I'm not saying there isn't still a place for players like that, I'm just saying that particular quality should not be over-emphasized in the player's paycheck.

Foligno is not a finesse player. He'll go in the corners, battle in front of the net, and barrel through to get to a puck or to the goal. That's good enough for me. All he needs is to put out the effort on a more consistent basis. And the points will increase.

92Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You have never seen Simmonds play if you don't think he's better than Foligno. It's not about points.

Foligno was rated 7.0B and Simmonds was 7.0C. Pretty close, with a slight edge to Foligno. Are you saying Simmonds deserves more money because he takes more penalties? The league is kinda getting away from that. The league is certainly paying more attention to guys who play on the edge. A couple of years ago Carcillo was *it*. Now he's more likely to be ab embarrassment or to put his team at a disadvantage as he is to keep the other team "honest". I'm not saying there isn't still a place for players like that, I'm just saying that particular quality should not be over-emphasized in the player's paycheck.

Foligno is not a finesse player. He'll go in the corners, battle in front of the net, and barrel through to get to a puck or to the goal. That's good enough for me. All he needs is to put out the effort on a more consistent basis. And the points will increase.

Blatant racism.

93Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Are you really using Hockey's Future's ratings?

94Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently the Flyers target is now Landeskog Facepalm

95Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

again wow. the best news out of all this is Toronto does not get richards. Laughing3
I would hate for us to play him there. those two are off the the west is the best thing.
This in my eyes is such a solid deal. hopefully Richard cleans up his act a bit. maybe It's cuz LA is my secret love in the west and i want them to do well but this ultimately should make them a much better team now. should be great in the playoffs too. they will replace Simmonds internally and no way schenn could have had the impact that richard will have. don't know about 4 years from now but LA's time is now and they've addressed that pretty well.

96Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:again wow. the best news out of all this is Toronto does not get richards. Laughing3
I would hate for us to play him there. those two are off the the west is the best thing.
This in my eyes is such a solid deal. hopefully Richard cleans up his act a bit. maybe It's cuz LA is my secret love in the west and i want them to do well but this ultimately should make them a much better team now. should be great in the playoffs too. they will replace Simmonds internally and no way schenn could have had the impact that richard will have. don't know about 4 years from now but LA's time is now and they've addressed that pretty well.

No way the Flyers were going to trade either of them to eastern teams. Besides, what did the Leafs have to offer for either of them?

97Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

My only piece of advice to you is... watch the dude play. Laugh1

98Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Apparently the Flyers target is now Landeskog Facepalm

The guy on Dobber's saying that?

99Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:54 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

My only piece of advice to you is... watch the dude play. Laugh1
yes, i have to agree I haven't had as much chances to see Simmons play as I'd like to but from what i've seen the guy has presence on the ice. they've even put him on the 1st line in the past not that I think it's were he deserves to play but he plays very solid. I'm surprised they traded him, he's a player I would of loved to have in Ottawa. Simmonds >>>> Foligno

100Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You guys don't seem to be getting my point, though. I'm not talking about who is better and who is not. Simmonds is an RFA. They can give him a 10% raise, if they wanted to. I don't know if he's eligible for arbitration, but if he is, that's exactly what the team will argue -- Foligno is his comparable in spades.

101Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:You guys don't seem to be getting my point, though. I'm not talking about who is better and who is not. Simmonds is an RFA. They can give him a 10% raise, if they wanted to. I don't know if he's eligible for arbitration, but if he is, that's exactly what the team will argue -- Foligno is his comparable in spades.

Depends, they do take PIM's into account as well. Simmonds will get more per year than Foligno by probably 500-750K.

102Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently there is a chance now that Versteeg is moved...playmaker26 says he has heard Versteeg for Booth or somethnig around that.

103Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Apparently there is a chance now that Versteeg is moved...playmaker26 says he has heard Versteeg for Booth or somethnig around that.
appart from the possible health issues with booth i'd take him any day over versteeg.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum