GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter traded to Columbus

+15
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
SensHulk
NEELY
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
spader
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:05 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Just wait until the Flyers nab Brad Richards on July 1.

That'll cost them quite a lot, not to mention they need more cap room if they want to keep Leino (rumored at $4M/year is what he wants).

All IMO:

1.They don't care about Leino right now, they care about Brad Richards

2.Philly's not done, tonight (or soon) Versteeg + Carle go to make more room.

1. Briere-Hartnell-Leino was a key line for PHI last year.

2. If they trade away Versteeg, Carle, and effectively Leino for B. Richards, they will be a top-heavy team and lose the depth they have built up over the years, with two scoring lines are 2 checking lines. Lots of plugging holes with $1 mil or less players, too.

92Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
We can take care of Leino for them. No problem.

Leino or Jokinen for me. I don't know if Leino is in their plans and hopefully MacLean can advise whether Leino is the real deal or not.
I'm more inclined to go with Jokinen. Did well with a team with little assets. different story with leino in philly.

Carolina might be more inclined than anyone to go with Jokninen. They're a long way from the floor too, aren't they?

93Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:07 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
1. Briere-Hartnell-Leino was a key line for PHI last year.

2. If they trade away Versteeg, Carle, and effectively Leino for B. Richards, they will be a top-heavy team and lose the depth they have built up over the years, with two scoring lines are 2 checking lines. Lots of plugging holes with $1 mil or less players, too.

Voracek can learn to live with Briere and Hartnell if they can't clear $$ for Leino, but yes, I agree their depth could take a hit.

94Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Leino or Jokinen for me. I don't know if Leino is in their plans and hopefully MacLean can advise whether Leino is the real deal or not.
I'm more inclined to go with Jokinen. Did well with a team with little assets. different story with leino in philly.

I bet Jokinen's a Sen on July 1. Him or Leino, but my $$s on Jokinen right now.

95Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:09 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Carolina might be more inclined than anyone to go with Jokninen. They're a long way from the floor too, aren't they?

but does he want to stay there or does he want to test the waters on July 1st ?

Our crappy shootout record would get a huge boost with Jokinen.

96Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

i hope you're right. for jokinen that is.

97Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think Philly will emerge better from all of this... .like the Sens, it was needed to be done. A broken room needs to be fixed.

agreed on both accounts they just managed to nip this in the bud(let's hope for them) faster then we did.

Very true and they didn't get much worse in doing so. And they got a real goalie which could make them even better.

How's this for a prediction - Philly vs L.A. in the Finals next year. Sarcasm
i wouldn't bet on that prediction but maybe 2 -3 years from now?

Yeah, unless they plan on trading away yet another $10 mil in contracts, that's not happening.

Versteeg is one that can definitely go, why they traded for him to begin with is beyond me.

98Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That'll cost them quite a lot, not to mention they need more cap room if they want to keep Leino (rumored at $4M/year is what he wants).

All IMO:

1.They don't care about Leino right now, they care about Brad Richards

2.Philly's not done, tonight (or soon) Versteeg + Carle go to make more room.

Good thinking, I think you're right here. If they're doing what they're doing, they're definitely not done yet.

99Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:34 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Jokinen would be a great fit here for sure. I have a little more love for Leino though...I'll be pleasantly surprised if we land either one of them.

100Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I'd happily pay out that bet if you won it. Nice player.

101Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I'd happily pay out that bet if you won it. Nice player.

If we spring for one player, I hope it's for Laich. He's the guy who looks like the perfect fit for us right now, if you ask me.

102Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
If we spring for one player, I hope it's for Laich. He's the guy who looks like the perfect fit for us right now, if you ask me.

I can't imagine the Caps walking away from Laich, unless his asking price is ridiculous.

103Carter traded to Columbus - Page 7 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:50 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I can't imagine the Caps walking away from Laich, unless his asking price is ridiculous.

I have heard that it all but a fait accompli that is he not returning to WAS. I can't point to a source right now, but it's the sort of thing I've read a few times, probably on KK or Spector's site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum