GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter traded to Columbus

+15
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
SensHulk
NEELY
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
spader
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:From Gord Miller:

Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

Eek. Between that deal and the Carter deal, PHI would be amazing for a long time to come. Voracek, Hamilton/Murphy, Schenn+++. I wonder how they will look minus their top two centres, tho', in the shorter term.

AFAIC, Briere and Giroux are more top centers than Carter, especially in the Playoffs.
At the end of the day, there's still tons of heart in Philly. Tons of off ice issues fore sure with Carter and Richards.

62Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow! to hand over the credit to big ev and his buddy, you head this first.
i have to say i understand CBJ for doing this. they need a center for nash NOW. they've also got a center signed for 11 years. something they can't do by themselves since they have a hard time getting elite players to go there. I

Now will it take long for them to get a trade request from carter? I think it's nuts that you can sign that kind of long term extention and be traded so close after. It could make people think twice about hammering contracts with philly. I love that Holmgreb is super gutsy and in both these trades he's setting this team up for years to come.

As far as the powder story goes, maybe a move to columbus will clear things up a bit for mister carter.

63Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:wow! to hand over the credit to big ev and his buddy, you head this first.
i have to say i understand CBJ for doing this. they need a center for nash NOW. they've also got a center signed for 11 years. something they can't do by themselves since they have a hard time getting elite players to go there. I

Now will it take long for them to get a trade request from carter? I think it's nuts that you can sign that kind of long term extention and be traded so close after. It could make people think twice about hammering contracts with philly. I love that Holmgreb is super gutsy and in both these trades he's setting this team up for years to come.

As far as the powder story goes, maybe a move to columbus will clear things up a bit for mister carter.

Big Ev and his buddy are to the Flyers as SteffeG is to the SEL. Fact. Sarcasm

64Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just relaying what he posts on Dobber. Give credit to him and his source, whoever that is lol.

65Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:wow! to hand over the credit to big ev and his buddy, you head this first.

Big Ev and his buddy are to the Flyers as SteffeG is to the SEL. Fact. Sarcasm

SteffeG wishes he had playmaker26's source Sarcasm

66Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a feeling Carter is NONE too pleased about this right now.

67Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I have a feeling Carter is NONE too pleased about this right now.
Laughing3

really eh? well, tough Dung cookie. you wanted the money and the term before you were eligible for you're NTC? well you got it.

Now I really wonder how this will play out. will he be a man and play out his contract or will he refuse to report and ensue one hell of a drama. he could retire for a year right? then return as a FA? maybe I'm wrong about this but I recall hearing something of the sorts.

68Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This isn't going to be good for teams going forward. You can no-longer give out a ridiculously long contract to keep the cap hit low with young players by offering them a NTC. You'd better believe Stamkos is talking to his agent now. Would he sign a Carter-esque contract now?

69Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:43 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He must be sooooooo pissed right now. Pretty much like Hossa was when we did the same to him.

70Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How much does Philly remind everyone of the Sens of a few years back, it's pretty creepy. Now Philly will have to deal with the Dung karma that comes with all of this.

71Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think Philly will emerge better from all of this... .like the Sens, it was needed to be done. A broken room needs to be fixed.

72Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:10 am

shabbs wrote:I think Philly will emerge better from all of this... .like the Sens, it was needed to be done. A broken room needs to be fixed.

It's not like the Thornton deal with Boston years ago either. They got some talent back in Voracek, Schenn and Simmons. Plus, with guys like JVR and Giroux, they already have guys to replace a lot of what was lost. They'll be fine methinks.

73Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:19 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I think Philly will emerge better from all of this... .like the Sens, it was needed to be done. A broken room needs to be fixed.

agreed on both accounts they just managed to nip this in the bud(let's hope for them) faster then we did.

74Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:

agreed on both accounts they just managed to nip this in the bud(let's hope for them) faster then we did.

Very true and they didn't get much worse in doing so. And they got a real goalie which could make them even better.

How's this for a prediction - Philly vs L.A. in the Finals next year. Sarcasm

75Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:23 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Very true and they didn't get much worse in doing so. And they got a real goalie which could make them even better.

i wouldn't bet on that prediction but maybe 2 -3 years from now?

76Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As much as there are similarities, there are huge differences.

1. Heatley wanted out and made it known; then he nixed any reasonable trade so Murray had no choice.
2. Redden was probably the other guy they should have gotten rid of from the cup run but, again, he had an NTC and refused to waive it.
3. Spezza was the only one they could have move with any decent return and they decided not to.

Two of the above they had little control over. You can argue if the return on Spezza would have been better or not. I think most here would agree it was the right decision, in retrospect, and probably about half agreed it was the right decision back then. Maybe more.

Anyhow, imagine what the last couple of years would have been like if we could have made that rumoured Redden deal and Heatley to Edmonton?

77Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

We'll see what happens by July 4th. We'll have a much better idea at where both teams will be, i'll still stick to this prediction though. Sarcasm Especially for L.A.

78Carter traded to Columbus - Page 5 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Just wait until the Flyers nab Brad Richards on July 1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum